Page 4 of 877 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Newnan meets

Quote Originally Posted by Bballjamal
    Is this the Rob that used to drive the Si? Hung with hansi and max who drive the red teg and silver bugeye subbie now?
    Drove a Si (ep3) but didn't hang w/ those folks

UntitledCD

I will bring the CD5

Quote Originally Posted by UntitledCD
    I will bring the CD5

Alright then. I'll be there around 8:30

i should be there. if i can get a ride cuz my new car is in NC. im selling the foe doe.

whats your new car?

its a crx with b16

i'll drop by to see whats up, gotta eat with te girlfriend tonight. Lowering my car next week! Wooo!!!

Looks like I'll be taking out my diff instead of coming to the meet tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice
    Looks like I'll be taking out my diff instead of coming to the meet tonight.
    come on! do it tommorrow

Supercharged LSJ FTW 01SpectraGSX's Avatar

Well, the guy with the right hand drive 68 beetle has other things to do. I m still coming with the Ion Redline and bringing a friend from work with a Tc

Wanna-be-OG

O shii, this is tonight lol. I was friggin bored out my head too. Looks back to try and figure out where this meet is.

Is this a "everyone is in their own little circle of friends meet" or where everyone atleasts greets everyone type of meet? I don't really care but if you want the meet to grow, this is the thing to do. Everyone will eventually know everyone and all that jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by r0bb86
    Drove a Si (ep3) but didn't hang w/ those folks

That's weird. You live like EXACTLY where the old rob used to live lol.

Anybody that shows up is aknowledged.... Trust me, as the new kid on the block, everybody's nice and sociable.

Wanna-be-OG

^^ Lol, but every kid doesn't drive a JDM tyte rhd civic with a lip kit and 15" wheels.

Trust me, once you get around to most of these meets it's all flocks of groups. Don't ever expect a huge IA meet (such as varsity) to be as entertaining (as in conversation with people you know off the site) as you would these small meets. jfyi

now is this the same as all the other meets ive been to where its VERY clicky and no one talks to the new ppl? id like to come out sometime and meet some ppl here in newnan but hate it when ppl click up and ignore everyone else. lmk and i may try to come out to the next one.

its not super clicky. but i had fun tonight and dude that needs the turbo350 tranny pm and we can figure something out

nobody has anything cool enough in newnan that would warrant ignoring someone else based on what they drive.

it was good to meet a few new faces last night.

UntitledCD

I was wanting someone to take pics of the meet last night...

I forgot it was going on till I had to go to AutoZone

Damn I would love to come to a meet. Anything going on tonight? (Friday)
    -2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
    -2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V *boosted* (parting out)

Wanna-be-OG

Yea good stuff. Had a good talk with UntitledCD after everyone else left around 10:30/11. I might bring the camera and a couple more cars out next time. And yes, it was clicky, not to anyone that already knows a couple people, but if I were someone that didn't know anyone it would've been kinda lame.

Also, If any of the S2k's wouldn't mind running I'd like to set something up on a seperate date. Seemed as if that white one had a vtec controller on it (that or more aggressive cams) so I'll pass on him but the stock yellow one and that GSR (i thought) hatch, I'd love to run one day.

lol, i forgot about this.
    i'll be out at the next one.

we should meet tonight. i wasnt there last night. lol.

Wanna-be-OG

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris
    So where are all the ricers in Newnan now Jamal?
    Just so you know, I wasn't talking about the cars ( I drive a *u*king cavalier with a bodykit), as you'll find out I'm from the oldschool car scene where any car attempted for modification got respect as long as the owner wasn't a DumbA$s, or worse, drove like a dumbAs$. I've yet to hear or talk to anyone that I felt could come pull a motor with me and know exactly what I'm doing the entire time, no matter if it were a honda, chevy, or motorcycle motor in that case. I just hate that the car scene has lost actual car people to fads and posers(not that anyone of you all are as I haven't even really gotten a chance to pick at anyones car knowledge). But just remember what I originally said in that old post....

I think my points were something to the effect of mommy or daddy gets them their cars and all they know is what they read online or something like that lol. I still stand by that though and I bet Thacker feels the same (no matter how he's viewed on IA he's still in a vet from wayy back). I've just seen it too much and I'm at the point where I just have to be proven otherwise (which in my way is actually doing some hands on work of your car and not having a 15pg print out of instructions WITH pictures that have little arrows pointing everything out lol. It's just newschool/oldschool. All of our cars are ricers in the hot rodders eyes and to them hardly any of us know sh!t unless we run what we brung, and talk about it after the race

it was a good meet. I got caught up with untitledcd and the guy with the scion so I really didn't get a chance to check out your cavi Is it a 2.4?

Wanna-be-OG

^^ nahh! I started with the 2.2 because of what I heard some of the old hot rod guys say about the motor and it's roots from a SB chevy. I've basically given up on the car for now (I just got a house in grantville AND I'm paying for college) but it still runs hard for my gas saver.

Just so you know, I wasn't talking about the cars ( I drive a *u*king cavalier with a bodykit), as you'll find out I'm from the oldschool car scene where any car attempted for modification got respect as long as the owner wasn't a DumbA$s, or worse, drove like a dumbAs$. I've yet to hear or talk to anyone that I felt could come pull a motor with me and know exactly what I'm doing the entire time, no matter if it were a honda, chevy, or motorcycle motor in that case. I just hate that the car scene has lost actual car people to fads and posers(not that anyone of you all are as I haven't even really gotten a chance to pick at anyones car knowledge). But just remember what I originally said in that old post....

I think my points were something to the effect of mommy or daddy gets them their cars and all they know is what they read online or something like that lol. I still stand by that though and I bet Thacker feels the same (no matter how he's viewed on IA he's still in a vet from wayy back). I've just seen it too much and I'm at the point where I just have to be proven otherwise (which in my way is actually doing some hands on work of your car and not having a 15pg print out of instructions WITH pictures that have little arrows pointing everything out lol. It's just newschool/oldschool. All of our cars are ricers in the hot rodders eyes and to them hardly any of us know sh!t unless we run what we brung, and talk about it after the race

I hear what your saying but Jamal but that can't be said for everyone. There are some out there that have to bust ass and earn every inch. You came with me to get my first car and know how that was. I've come a long way with the help of my friends every weekend down at my place getting every car I've owned more operational. You say that your part of the old school generation and that its not how it used to be, then your gen needs to step up and show the younger guys how its done. 0.02

Its not that hard. Buy stuff that doesn't look like balls. Put it on your car.
    If its needs painting, paint it. Done.

I agree. Most of the people that you see with the flashy cars all have them built by a shop, not themselves. Anyone can buy a turbo kit and take it to a shop to get built but it takes a true enthusiasts to buy the kit and install it on a weekend.

cool. My father had a Grand Am (4 door 5 speed) with the 2.4 motor. It was slow as balls but it had pretty good low end and mid range power. I imagine it would be sorta potent in a cavi since it weighs alot less.

Bballjamal - so how long have you been in the "scene"

...and I'll be damned if we all don't learn a sh*tload of things from doing research online.

I got the phone number for the shop to install my springs online. Does that count?

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

are yall doing soemthing down there tonight?

don't know, bu if so, I'd show up. Rob? Andy? you guys wanna come out?

if thier gonan be good bit of people,i might ride out there

Mefryrice- finished with that diff or no? lol

How late do you guys stay out? And where do you usually meet?
    -2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon
    -2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V *boosted* (parting out)

We usually vacate by 11. Its at the kroger on lower fayetville road. We gather in the corner by the McDonalds.
    BTW, I won't be heading out there tonight

Wanna-be-OG

Quote Originally Posted by r0bb86
    Bballjamal - so how long have you been in the "scene"

...and I'll be damned if we all don't learn a sh*tload of things from doing research online.

Yea dude you're right man! Research is key, but reading what you're doing without knowing atleast some idea of what you're about to come across is rediculous. All I'm saying is people cry so much about function over form (which was the prequel(sp?) movement of the "clean" thing) then they know nothing about the function of their car besides the lip kits are OEM from this car, and yea, its a mugen valve cover, or yea, its a b18...

Hard to explain, but coming from my side where I roll in with rice but actually knowing a ton about cars, then coming up to the clean scene where hardly anyone turns their own wrenches. I can't single everyone out but I sure can single out a lot of situations of the sort from newnan. O and I've been in this scene since '01, hot rods since damn, well 93 or 95? Wrenched on the step-dads chevelle from the weak 396 all the way to the 454 in there now.

Really what I'm getting at is what MeFryRice said lol. O, and that momma and daddy paid for it also.

I guess I could sorta be hatin on the kids who got the cars from dad, but then their attitudes to others and their cars warrants my frustration!

Wanna-be-OG

Quote Originally Posted by h23bb2
    cool. My father had a Grand Am (4 door 5 speed) with the 2.4 motor. It was slow as balls but it had pretty good low end and mid range power. I imagine it would be sorta potent in a cavi since it weighs alot less.

It was potent, as some have gotten around the 560 range in power, but the real crown motors are the old Quad 4's and the new Ecotecs. If I don't sale this car, I'll eventually re-build my subframe (Need to find shane for his welder. Tyre you still got his number?) and drop a 3800s/c from the bonneville SSei/GTP's.

And Tyre, dude you know I try to help out the new gen. I was super down to help you out (college kinda screwed that up from being around a lot) but these kids attitudes suck now a days. Tell you what though, before you dip in August for OKC (FUKIN CONGRATS AGAIN ) we'll head to a meet and I'll show you EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

But yea, to anyone thinking I'm just talking ****, that's not the case, cause I can back it up (j/k) I'd just rather see things go back to the good ole days where folks would say something about a beater run (which shine is doing ). Instead of the car scene being fun, its just a **** fest of who has the bigger car balls :idb:

And Tyre, dude you know I try to help out the new gen. I was super down to help you out (college kinda screwed that up from being around a lot) but these kids attitudes suck now a days. Tell you what though, before you dip in August for OKC (FUKIN CONGRATS AGAIN ) we'll head to a meet and I'll show you EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
    I understand what your saying about kids attitudes these days. I just wanted to remind you there are still some out there that do it on there own. Thanks again man I cant wait to get down there and start a new chapter of my life and I look forward to the meet.

so when does this happen exactly?