Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106
Results 4,201 to 4,227 of 4227

Thread: **ORIGINAL Gwinnett SONIC Meet **

how about the sonic on oak and five forks? theres a huge parking lot there w/ an abandoned save-rite

^IA's most loved^ UpSideDownDesi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capiton23 View Post
    how about the sonic on oak and five forks? theres a huge parking lot there w/ an abandoned save-rite
    Busy intersection, small Sonic parking, lot across the lot mostly has cars. 1 or 2 meets then bust.

Proper way to do it is how Riverside was done. Get permission from the property owner then hold the meet instead of just showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    From what I understand, there was an incident with another fight one night at a meet. This is why the property manager has banned us from the premesis. This was bound to happen with the rediculous behavior that has been going on.
    Yup that would be correct that's what i got the email from property management and Sonic owner a fight broke out right on the benches of Sonic, involved baseball bat, but fight was broken up before it could be used. Owner of Sonic had it simply stated he doesn't want this meet/crowd any more.

This behavior will continue if meet blows up with everyone and their mama showing, no controlled environment or sense of it. Sonic meet used to be the shit when it just guys who knew guys...still was about 50 cars or so. As soon as everyone knew about it, down the drain it went. I am in process of getting permission from property owner to hold meet in their plaza and restaurants to offer meet attendees discounts on food purchase.

I say let gwinnett meets give a rest for this winter season and let things cool off.

Quote Originally Posted by UpSideDownDesi View Post
    I say let gwinnett meets give a rest for this winter season and let things cool off.
    i can't take anymore cooling off..... too cold as it is

Senior Member | IA Veteran SleeperWRX's Avatar

---------------------------------------------------------

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH FINALLY!

lulz@ "new sonic meet"
    02' Miata

283.5°.516"(13.11mm) DirtyMechanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masonhenson View Post
    yeah guys im friends with the manager at QT right there and the owner of the strip mall thing hired an off duty cop to call in police to start handing out loitering/trespassing citations, dead serious. I say the next hang out shall be....
    THE OLD WALMART PARKING LOT AT GWINNETT DRIVE AND GRAYSON HIGHWAY!
    like right across from the town center cinemas. this was suggested to me tonight by JR4MNY.. reps to him

so what your saying is thursday nights are open for the return of the North Point meets... i bet the distance and being in alpharetta will keep the... riff-raff away for quiet some time. lol
    The G Spot Hero

"Nitrous is like a hot girl with STDS, you know you want to hit it but your afraid of the consequences."

dc5

move it back to North Point Mall

i say do it, just to get shit outta here. Now the "new sonic meet" is in the heart off L'ville and 2 miles for Lawrencville PD's station. Add the idiots+station 2 miles away = shit loads of tickets. Back in the day G'nett meets were down low, and chill as fuck. Now exact opposite.

I'm surprised it lasted this long, with all the trash people left, the fights, and the burnouts and people speeding through the parking lot it should have been shut down a while ago.

Thread started 05-08-2007, 02:53 PM .... the meet died at the beginning of 2010
    cars
    integra 90 ls
    integra 92 gsr b20v turbo
    integra 00 ls
    infiniti i35 02

Back in the day G'nett meets were down low, and chill as fuck. Now exact opposite.
    not completely true, we were just more discreet.....

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    not completely true, we were just more discreet.....
    well u know how it was and that shit was good for 2 years without drama. Not a single burn out or drifts.

No use bitching about what happened. We can't change it, we can just learn from the idiots' mistakes that ruined it for everyone. I could be wrong but I don't think the idiots that ruined this meet were ppl that post here.

Someone will find another good spot eventually and a good meet will be reestablished, although I think we should keep it in gwinnett.

The "new" sonic meet is too damn far for me....and is definitely in grayson not lville

Quote Originally Posted by NissanTun3r View Post
    I could be wrong but I don't think the idiots that ruined this meet were ppl that post here.
    that's npt true, his SN is MattAPM..... lol

****Top Notch****

how about we go back to the OOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDD meet (not originally IA) behind the old smoothie king .... everythihng is closed...and i mean everything...no more business there .. its between club drive and sweetwater rd....behind wendys and arbys

do you have any recollection as to how much shit went down there??? it was worse than what the sonic meets became

The Sonic Meet has been shut down? Epic. It got lame after the first 6 months. High school kids started showing up in Jeeps (WTF). That dumbass in the white van, and then all of the haters. When it first started there was 10-15 cars and everybody talked to everybody. Somebody find a new meet and don't post it on IA lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LS3_KID View Post
    The Sonic Meet has been shut down? Epic. It got lame after the first 6 months. High school kids started showing up in Jeeps (WTF). That dumbass in the white van, and then all of the haters. When it first started there was 10-15 cars and everybody talked to everybody. Somebody find a new meet and don't post it on IA lol.
    Too late, we need to do another low key get together where everybody knows each other here in gwinnett like u said how Sonic was in late 06-early 07.

Their was 20 other places we used to meet before sonic that was back when people knew everyone in the scene though. Before all the kids now come out to show off their daddies money. I am not for meeting in downtown lawrenceville, PO PO is less then 5 minutes from there. If you guys want to find a place, you need to talk to property managers or places like Malibu, Dave and Busters, Andretti places like that, where they dont mind large crowds. Thats the only way its ever going to be a decent meet.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
    Their was 20 other places we used to meet before sonic that was back when people knew everyone in the scene though. Before all the kids now come out to show off their daddies money. I am not for meeting in downtown lawrenceville, PO PO is less then 5 minutes from there. If you guys want to find a place, you need to talk to property managers or places like Malibu, Dave and Busters, Andretti places like that, where they dont mind large crowds. Thats the only way its ever going to be a decent meet.

i had mentioned the same thing, about talking to property management, i agree with you. Even tho its abandoned and what not police can still kick ppl out.
    untill calls are made and permission is granted, this new location is bound to get screwed

riding low is like a religion

Quote Originally Posted by bloodline View Post
    i had mentioned the same thing, about talking to property management, i agree with you. Even tho its abandoned and what not police can still kick ppl out.
    untill calls are made and permission is granted, this new location is bound to get screwed

actually since its private property, the cops can't remove you unless told to by the owner. and they are cool with us as long as it stays in the parking lot and off the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    Trying to argue the fact that you have the fastest Honda, is like arguing the fact that you have the smallest penis.

I have already posted repeatedly in that thread about getting permission from properly management. Cops can easily kick us out since it is private property and all on the property are trespassing without permission. No need for owner to tell them, on the opposite cops will ask, "Do you have permission to be here? No? GTFO". I am def not looking to get blocked in and getting a ticked handed for trespassing if they get pissed off. My visits will be short & sweet lol.

I am kind of glad with the presence of the cops there, hopefully will keep the idiots calm. They didn't seem to mind us there first time around.

dc5

lets move the thur night meets back to NP area in alpharetta and scrape gwinnett for now... may filter alot of rice

Quote Originally Posted by gforce71 View Post
    actually since its private property, the cops can't remove you unless told to by the owner. and they are cool with us as long as it stays in the parking lot and off the streets.
    you going to be there tonight??

Quote Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
    you going to be there tonight??
    yes, I'll be there for a little while

Quote Originally Posted by Te72Rob View Post
    Trying to argue the fact that you have the fastest Honda, is like arguing the fact that you have the smallest penis.

****Top Notch****

ill be there lol idk how long though