Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Importatlanta NBA THREAD - All things NBA offseason and current season

Default Importatlanta NBA THREAD - All things NBA offseason and current season

Hey guys, lets get it on!

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Spurs! They wont be 1 rebound short this year.

Missed you jdm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    Spurs! They wont be 1 rebound short this year.

Missed you jdm.
    Missed you too my homie...... the west looks relatively deep huh?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    Missed you too my homie...... the west looks relatively deep huh?!
    Yeah... wild wild west looks pretty ole deep this year. Hopefully someone gives the heat a black eye before the finals because i know whoever comes out of the west is gonna have battle scars.

A team thats gonna be left out of the playoffs in the west would be a 3 seed in the east.... jjust sayin

Yeah... wild wild west looks pretty ole deep this year. Hopefully someone gives the heat a black eye before the finals because i know whoever comes out of the west is gonna have battle scars.
    A team thats gonna be left out of the playoffs in the west would be a 3 seed in the east.... jjust sayin
    clippers and spurs in the west finals! we are well equipped now!!!

Spurs be flexin!

Spurs Heat rematch

never bet against LBJ
    Enterprise Data Resources- Ecommerce Project Manager
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Spurs be flexin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vteckidd View Post
    Spurs Heat rematch

never bet against LBJ
    spurs run is over my friend. the rest of the west has caught up..... too much depth and talent on okc/clippers for the spurs to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    spurs run is over my friend. the rest of the west has caught up..... too much depth and talent on okc/clippers for the spurs to overcome.
    Same thing you said last year....

Same thing ppl been sayin for about 5 years.

It took a miracle for the heat to win last year. The spurs were and still are the better team.

The spurs wont just win this year.... theyre going to walk thru the heat in 5 games.

Leonard is the only man in the nba who can guard lebron.

Same thing you said last year....

Same thing ppl been sayin for about 5 years.

It took a miracle for the heat to win last year. The spurs were and still are the better team.

The spurs wont just win this year.... they're going to walk thru the heat in 5 games.
    We would've beat the spurs last year too. They dodged us, but its fine. We have a legit coach now and a bench to compete with any bench in the NBA. There has only been one game the spurs and clippers played against each other this year with the full rosters(clippers crushed them). Clippers are considerably more talented, deeper, and now we have the coaching and a high enough seed to play the b/s teams like the spurs do every season. We will capture the 2nd seed Wednesday and won't look back!!!

Leonard is the only man in the nba who can guard lebron.
    Lebron isn't the issue. Them playing in the weak east is the problem. If they were in the west they would be #4 seed right now. needless to say they wouldn't come out the east.

granger, andre ig (gs), rudy gay, paul pierce, all play him fine..... you just need team defense, ask dallas.

We are making the Playoff brackets right now on the other forum, my response:

I can put the Heat in the Finals right now, thats pretty easy for me to pick. In the West, I have no idea. I dont feel confident about anyone .
    Luck counts, Pop outsmarting himself counts, we can coulda shoulda all we want, Spurs lost last year, Clippers couldnt get past Memphis, etc.

I think the most talented team is LAC, but , the most talented doesnt always win. Im not sold on BG in playoffs , YET. Spurs comes down to health, I think in a straight up series, I still trust Spurs SYSTEM over Clippers.

OKC is a darkhorse for me at this point, I think their time to win came and went. Their hopes are pinned to Perkins who they refuse to get rid of
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Not worried about the clippers at all..... not even a little bit

I would be more worried this year, than last. Blake Griffin has def improved his game. They play defense now, at full strength they are as good and more athletic than the Spurs.

HOWEVER, I trust the Spurs in crunch time over the Clippers. SO................

If the Clippers pull a OKC from 2 years ago and shoot 60% from the field, Spurs have NO SHOT.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

BULLS BITCH

You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

The Clippers will come out of the West and Play Miami in the finals.

Clippers will end the season with the #2 Seed in the West and beat the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals.

Who will win the Finals? I'm not SURE, but I think its gonna be one of the best in a long time..........

I would rank the West this way:

Spurs clear #1
    Clippers clear #2
    OKC close #3 more like #2A

everyone else

BUT I would not count out Memphis(if they make it)/Houston being healthy and really wreaking havoc with someone in the first round. GSW/Port/Dallas will all be a TOUGH out. If im correct, if playoffs started RIGHT NOW. Clippers would have to beat GSW AND OKC to get to the WCF. Spurs would have to beat Phoenix and Hous/Portland

Im not sure the Clippers get out of the second round depending on if OKC is healthy and KD is going Durantula

EDIT: Im not even sure Clippers get #2 seed they only have 4 games left, and OKC has 2 games up on them in the L column
    -www.usedbarcode.net

In the East, Miami has to play:
    Hawks Rd1
    Bulls/Nets rd 2 (neither team is easy)
    Pacers presumably in the ECF.

Miami has arguably the toughest road ahead for them right now. Hawks will get bounced in 4 games, but Bulls/Nets in round 2, woooo boy that aint no sleep walk
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Im gonna giggle if the warriors bounce the clips in round 1.

Clips are not gonna beat the warriors, thunder and spurs tto reach the finals, no way no how.

Blake Griffin is not a championship big man. The good teams like OKC an SA will take him out of the game and it will be the same old story of CP3 falling short because he has the team on his back.

The Spurs dont show thier cards to contenders during the season, dont think too much into head to head season games, theyre nothing more than experimental scrimages to Pop.

Hawks Rd1

Miami has arguably the toughest road ahead for them right now. Hawks will get bounced in 4 games, but Bulls/Nets in round 2, woooo boy that aint no sleep walk
    The heat are a lock. Lebron has transcended to that next level. He needed ALOT of support to make these last couple championship runs but i think they make it to the finals no matter what the role players do now.

I think so too on both counts.

This will be the TOUGHEST title lebron will attempt to win IMO. East is weak but so is dwades knees.

Nets look more dangerous than pacers IMO
    -www.usedbarcode.net

I would rank the West this way:

Spurs clear #1
    Clippers clear #2
    OKC close #3 more like #2A

everyone else

BUT I would not count out Memphis(if they make it)/Houston being healthy and really wreaking havoc with someone in the first round. GSW/Port/Dallas will all be a TOUGH out. If im correct, if playoffs started RIGHT NOW. Clippers would have to beat GSW AND OKC to get to the WCF. Spurs would have to beat Phoenix and Hous/Portland

Im not sure the Clippers get out of the second round depending on if OKC is healthy and KD is going Durantula

EDIT: Im not even sure Clippers get #2 seed they only have 4 games left, and OKC has 2 games up on them in the L column
    After we beat them at home AGAIN (tonight) ...... sometimes i wonder where you guys are when this stuff happens... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-1rJ6tGgCk

We OWN okc now... we are considerably deeper than them at EVERY POSITION!! We now have a coach who coaches defense and is a much better play caller in critical late game situations.

Hawks Rd1

The east is the weakest its ever been. ever.

Clips are not gonna beat the warriors, thunder and spurs tto reach the finals, no way no how.

Blake Griffin is not a championship big man. The good teams like OKC an SA will take him out of the game and it will be the same old story of CP3 falling short because he has the team on his back.

The Spurs dont show thier cards to contenders during the season, dont think too much into head to head season games, theyre nothing more than experimental scrimages to Pop.
    I've been waiting on this. This is exactly what I told you would happen, we would get knocked out last season, and get doc rivers. In case you haven't been watching we are the deepest and strongest in the league now. The spurs benefited from a easy schedule during their winning stretch and hardly played any playoff teams. Either way they are the most consistent regular season nba franchise..... but that won't help them this post season....

golden state, lmao! we have their #..... but we will be playing dallas.....

san antonio might wanna rest and prepare for PHOENIX! They will make them work, not sure if you remember how bledsoe guards parker......

lets get our popcorn, this is gonna be GREAT! 9 more days!

The heat are a lock. Lebron has transcended to that next level. He needed ALOT of support to make these last couple championship runs but i think they make it to the finals no matter what the role players do now.
    when KG comes back. brooklyn might have something to say this year.......

I think so too on both counts.

This will be the TOUGHEST title lebron will attempt to win IMO. East is weak but so is dwades knees.

Nets look more dangerous than pacers IMO
    the nets are..... very deep complete team. will come down to defense and how well d will can "run the show".... fake ass leader, lol.....

Blake Griffin is not a championship big man.
    I had to laugh again at GS beating the clips, lol. the only game where we were both healthy... this was before big baby and granger, and h turk. lost weight. lol ......... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FicHOPklo4g

ANYWAY, Blake/Jordan have been the best PF and C combo in the NBA this season. Blake has been the best PF for most of the entire season. You can flip between him and Love. Blake has drastically changed his game, might wanna stay up a little late sometime and catch these late games. He has been crushing a very large % of the PF's in the NBA this season.

Do I really need to say how much DeAndre has improved? Really?
    Last edited by Jdm94Coupe; 04-09-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Clippers getting beat down AT HOME vs okc. 12 TO. Need jcraw back
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Sorry love is vastly superior to Blake. Not a gm in the league who would choose Blake over love.

Love has 3 pt ability better post moves for a true PF. Blake has athleticism over him that's it.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

So im up late watching this clipper game.....

Agreed on Love> Griffin

Clippers getting beat down AT HOME vs okc. 12 TO. Need jcraw back
    Its no big deal. We went into OKC and stomped them with no JJ, no granger, no big baby......they got a good win, but our fight was GREAT. EVEN without the #1 4th quarter scorer in the NBA (Crawford)

Sorry love is vastly superior to Blake. Not a gm in the league who would choose Blake over love.

Love has 3 pt ability better post moves for a true PF. Blake has athleticism over him that's it.
    I agree that Love is overall better than Blake. There's no harm being sevond in the NBA at your position to a person thats #1 but he wont even make the playoffs. Blake does A LOT of things no other PF CAN do in the NBA. Not many PF can get a rebound and run a legitimate fast break and pass with the other great passing big men.

So im up late watching this clipper game.....
    Yea we definitely didn't show up offensively. A TON of missed open shots, and NOBODY shot free throws well. Except Blake. But we definitely missed crawfords scoring off the bench early, and his dominating 4th quarter scoring. A game with no crawford is a game with no manu....

Agreed on Love> Griffin
    Nothing to be ashamed of. And Blake would have a lot more rebounds per game if he didnt have the #1 rebounder in the nba next to him.

JJ definitely had his worst shooting game of the season too. 1/7.... But its ok, the playoff series will be great.

Yeah i wouldnt panic, dont see clippers turning the ball over 12 times and they just looked gassed, was it a back to back? They looked uncharacteristically sloppy and lazy on defense. OKC had so many steals and dunks.

But, Granger and Big Baby arent your saviors, the whole thing will hinge on Blake Griffin. If he disappears in the playoffs, gone fishin
    -www.usedbarcode.net

The clips are only good when theyre running, game slows down in the playoffs.

Tim Duncan is superior to Blake also. His passing ability is unrivaled.

Yeah i wouldnt panic, dont see clippers turning the ball over 12 times and they just looked gassed, was it a back to back? They looked uncharacteristically sloppy and lazy on defense. OKC had so many steals and dunks.

But, Granger and Big Baby arent your saviors, the whole thing will hinge on Blake Griffin. If he disappears in the playoffs, gone fishin
    No crawford and it was JJ's first game back. Granger will be a vital SF defender and Big baby may have to finish games when Deandre has issues. They both are extremely important, they both are tough and have deep playoff/championship experience.

Not to mention we are the ONLY team in the NBA with 4 players averaging 15+ PPG. It doesnt completely hinge on blake, we are deep at every position on the floor and have enough play makers to make any team worry....

Blake was playing with a serious injury last season. Don't forget, he is heavily improved his actual game this season. He's been lights out the ENTIRE season. If not for a guy named durant and a guy named lebron james...... he would be the MVP of the league without a doubt!

The clips are only good when theyre running, game slows down in the playoffs.

Not anoymore...... We are one of the best overall defensive teams. The reason we get so many transition baskets is because of our defense. The spurs have yet to see it, we are just rounding out getting back healthy, with only granger to come back in the playoffs.

JJ reddick changes a lot of the half court issues we had...... he is truly one of the best shooters in the NBA today.

No its not, both Gasol brothers pass better. ESPECIALLY Marc. Hell so does Noah. No need to worry about his passing, we dont have to double him on the block....

JJ reddick is ALWAYS hurt. Theres a reason why he floats around the NBA.

I dont see the Clippers getting out of the 2nd round, just my opinion. Not sure they can beat OKC if OKC is playing on all cylinders.
    -www.usedbarcode.net

-www.usedbarcode.net

My bracket is the same as yours but with the Spurs going all the way. Also throw in a warriors upset in rnd1 for giggles.

Thats my gut feeling SAFE bracket. If i wanted to go crazy, I would pick

hawks over Pacers in the East
    Clippers over Thunder in the West in 2nd round which would make Conf Finals SASvsClipshow which I would choose SAS going to finals and winning.

I do not think GSW will upset Clipps without Bogut
    -www.usedbarcode.net

Certified Gearhead SiLkY_JohnSon's Avatar

Heat all Day Out the East..

The East isnt set yet.....

San Antonio
    OKC....... depends on who they play. memphis wont beat them. dallas could IMO
    L.A.
    Houston

I got L.A. and S.A. in the west finals no matter what......

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast