Thread: BLACK OPS 2 (after thoughts)

Default BLACK OPS 2 (after thoughts)

So after playing for about 3hrs last night I have to say I like MW3 a lot more. BO2 seems a little cartoony to me. the knifing system is a little weird to get used to. But there are a lot of cool new attachments and killstreaks. ATM I am using Type 25 AR with red dot (with blue circle crosshair) and adjustable stock (stalker pro perk in MW3) with lock on missile launcher (forgot name, 2nd one you can unlock) and the 3 original Perks you start off with.

I will mostly play MW3 for multiplayer and BO2 for zombies, that is all.

i might play it for zombies, but i won't touch MP or SP. not after the first one. was shit.

Zombies are actually pretty fun on this one, its just like the original (world at war) but you know modern weapons lol. its got that dark horror feel to it, esp with the farms and shit. theres fire everywhere and you can catch fire too (if walked on) zombies catch on fire and once they are on fire they explode once killed. overall it was alright.

I gave BO2 multiplayer another try last night and the inevitable server glitches/crashes with new games has started but once in game I unlocked the LSAT machine gun and with lightweight perk on it was actually pretty fun. yeah it was a little cartoony (feels like borderlands with the cell shading kinda)

Graphically does it look better than the first one? While I am not a graphics whore I would expect the Black ops series to rival Modern Warfare in that dept, the first one was no where close IMO.

Can't afford this atm but will be buying soon for the multiplayer ,so will give my input when get it.I was shocked to still see plenty of other folks on MW3 but then again when i go on other cods there are folks still on them.
    Help out at Import garage so get to play in great rides and handle car parts could it get better than this.

shit yeah, i play world at war at random times, when i feel like a change up to bolt action rifles and shit and there are always people on.

the graphics look better than the first BO, but it looks a little cartoony i dont know how else to put it, it doesn't look realistic to me. It looks like a mix of MAG beta and Borderlands.

A lot of glitches.on bo2 atm i guess because its he first week beside that is ummkay ,,mw3 10x better IMO ,,,,the graphics and maps are nice and as for the assault rifles and sub machine guns not really feeling it on because I run out of bullets way to fast an even with the fast mg attachment still not as fast to swap mags,,,,,,I guess just need time to adjust to the weapons and perks,,,,,and the kill streaks are Awesome in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_d View Post
    A lot of glitches.on bo2 atm i guess because its he first week beside that is ummkay ,,mw3 10x better IMO ,,,,the graphics and maps are nice and as for the assault rifles and sub machine guns not really feeling it on because I run out of bullets way to fast an even with the fast mg attachment still not as fast to swap mags,,,,,,I guess just need time to adjust to the weapons and perks,,,,,and the kill streaks are Awesome in this one.
    They need to merge the game play of MW3 with the perks and maps from BO2. I love the layout of most of the maps, but the complexity of them gets annoying at times. Some maps just have too much going on.

The also need to put the weapons sounds from the MW series on the BO games. For some reason the 'cartoonish' sound of the weapons gets on my nerves.

I hate the knifing, I'm mw3 you didn't really have to be in front of the guy,,,in bo2 you can't do a quick knife when run into a guy that's sucks as well

IA Member

I like bo2 way better then mw3, but ya the knifing is horrible, and I also don't like how they show you where every one is at when you play one the in the chamber, it gets very annoying.

I Am, A Stunt Man

I really only liked playing the story line, but the very end of the game pissed me off! avenged seven fold?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrunkScotsman
    great steal , its like a sore dick ,ya cant beat it!

I am not sure if i am looking forward to getting BO2 or not now lol ,i do struggle with the cartoony feel and sorry if it upsets folks but i cannot play Battlefield for that reason.
    Help out at Import garage so get to play in great rides and handle car parts could it get better than this.

i like just trolling on battlefield, and black ops one was more than enough for me. MW3 got monotonous as well :/

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by scarimports View Post
    I am not sure if i am looking forward to getting BO2 or not now lol ,i do struggle with the cartoony feel and sorry if it upsets folks but i cannot play Battlefield for that reason.
    I can't play battlefield cause its so slow paced and boring. I traded it in within a month.

BO2 is MW4, because it's not like the original and MW3 is cartoony
    According to Taketomi, true VIP style tuning is limited to only 10 Nissan and Toyota models: Nissan President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric and Fuga; Toyota Celsior, Century, Aristo, Crown and Majesta.

Islander

It's allright. Positives: No Noob tubing (yet). I have yet to be killed by a rifle mounted grenade launcher. I haven't seen one yet, so who knows? Also, some weapons are cool, and some tactical stuff like the sensor shocker. lol. Feels like a bug zapper. And the guardian.

Negatives: Sniping sucks. Maps are too small and i don't know if it is just me but players move WAY too fast. It's like everyone is on lightweight perk. You find a perch, snipe, and before you know it, there are three enemies running behind you. This is more of a run and gun game. Even on Carrier, which I thought "Great. Sniping!", you get a couple of kills and then they all run towards you or spawn behind you. I think MW2 had the best sniping opportunities. Maps here feel too small to snipe in peace.

Also the pistols seem a bit overpowered. You can kill someone a mile away with aim assist. Couldn't do that in MW3

Maps are ok. but like I said, more like a run and gun game. Graphics are beautiful, but colorful. Maybe too colorful. That gives it the 'Cartoony' look for many.
    I got free clear tails with my ride.....

Quote Originally Posted by ISAtlanta300 View Post
    It's allright. Positives: No Noob tubing (yet). I have yet to be killed by a rifle mounted grenade launcher. I haven't seen one yet, so who knows? Also, some weapons are cool, and some tactical stuff like the sensor shocker. lol. Feels like a bug zapper. And the guardian.

Negatives: Sniping sucks. Maps are too small and i don't know if it is just me but players move WAY too fast. It's like everyone is on lightweight perk. You find a perch, snipe, and before you know it, there are three enemies running behind you. This is more of a run and gun game. Even on Carrier, which I thought "Great. Sniping!", you get a couple of kills and then they all run towards you or spawn behind you. I think MW2 had the best sniping opportunities. Maps here feel too small to snipe in peace.

Also the pistols seem a bit overpowered. You can kill someone a mile away with aim assist. Couldn't do that in MW3

Maps are ok. but like I said, more like a run and gun game. Graphics are beautiful, but colorful. Maybe too colorful. That gives it the 'Cartoony' look for many.

play hardcore man, game play is a lot slower, but not too slow and no radar! unless of course UAV, but just shoot the bitch down. Thats the only way i can play BO2 now. I just need a silencer and ghost perk!!!!!

What sniper weapons are on the new one as i usually snipe on the other Cod games and are they all really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by l Gizzy l View Post
    i like just trolling on battlefield, and black ops one was more than enough for me. MW3 got monotonous as well :/
    This was my problem with MW3. It was just MW2 with some stuff switched around. It got kind of monotonous after awhile.

I guess I am tired of the Call of Duty formula in general. Time for something new.

exactly. Try BF3.

PC is so much better than console from what I've seen, though They have games with 1500 lives per team, 16 people on a team

anything on PC is better, FREE custom maps and mods etc. But its more comfortable (to me) on the console.

I've never liked any BF game. Its too slow paced for me, with too big of maps. I guess its a gaming pref.

I have a buddy who has BF3 and saw him go a few rounds of it. Once I get life settled in the new apt I plan to pick it up for 360.

My pc is not good enough to run BF3 at max specs. It needs a major overhaul.

New Mobo
    New GPU
    New CPU
    DDR3
    Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal240sx View Post
    I have a buddy who has BF3 and saw him go a few rounds of it. Once I get life settled in the new apt I plan to pick it up for 360.

My pc is not good enough to run BF3 at max specs. It needs a major overhaul.

New Mobo
    New GPU
    New CPU
    DDR3
    Etc.
    mine needs about the same. one problem

HP

yo trip out. so i prestiged the other day, AND YOU KEEP ALL OF YOUR FUCKING CAMOS AND ATTACHMENTS for the weapons!!!! you just gotta unlock them as you level up but once you do your camos and attachments are all there. You can also perm. unlock a weapon of choice too. I don't know if this is for every prestige but i unlocked my m27 AR to keep at all prestiges.

they shoulda done this awhile ago! fucking unlock gold then prestige and lose them was a bittttch.

I luv it so far. I play dom only thoe and i go some games where i am like 9-28 only because of me getting camped by spawn trappers and trying to get the bases. On the other hand I turned the tables on these fools the other night with my squad and went 47-1-4-4 and matched every one on my team for caps so spawn trap once again is how dom is played on bo2
    I check sluts off my list like a maintnence man
    I drive a low is3 just so it gives me a reason to drive super slow on these rough ga roads.

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by VQ35 Star View Post
    yo trip out. so i prestiged the other day, AND YOU KEEP ALL OF YOUR FUCKING CAMOS AND ATTACHMENTS for the weapons!!!! you just gotta unlock them as you level up but once you do your camos and attachments are all there. You can also perm. unlock a weapon of choice too. I don't know if this is for every prestige but i unlocked my m27 AR to keep at all prestiges.

they shoulda done this awhile ago! fucking unlock gold then prestige and lose them was a bittttch.

Oh that's awesome, I was worried about losing everything once I prestiged lol

I have never prestiged on any Cod just get tired of playing

Its fun to me, I dont like that they took the nuketown playlist off. the sniping to me is ok but then again i have 1000+ kills with the DSR50 already.
    GOT VTEC?

I'm attached to the ballista ATM. Trying to get iron sites, so i can run around and act like i got a KAR-98, just need bayonet lol

For nuketown just go to the bottom of the list where it says 'BONUS' and play chaos mosh pit. its all the good maps(small) with different game modes (TDM, DOM, CTF) and nuketown comes up, just keep voting for it, and you can sit there and play it for awhile.

Overall game is Meh...
    Try not. Do or Do not.