Thread: BCS Championship Game...

LizBiz eats Carpet! bdydrpdmazda's Avatar

Default BCS Championship Game...

How did everybody feel about this years BCS Championship game? I was working last night when it happened but Im watching the replay now so I will have input as it progresses.

Overall a very boring game.

seems like it so far, im at the end of the 1st quarter.

Certified Gearhead

I enjoyed it. I was pulling for Bama, but I wish McCoy would've stayed healthy. It's always nice to see two teams healthy for the last game. To get to see what they're really made of, no speculations or what-ifs necessary.

Im wishing McCoy hadnt gotten hurt also. Hes a good kid and im sure he was looking forward to playing in the biggest game of his life. Im sure after he got hurt he was devastated that he was out of the game. Poor backup is having a tough time too but that is to be expected from a guy that has taken 26 snaps prior to the National Championship game and then told to "get in there kid, you're in"

Ya could of been a different outcome if McCoy was in not a redshirt Freshman. BAH

i think the outcome would have been the same but it would have been a better game

RTR baby good game

BOMB DIGITTY

yeah, this didnt seem like a championship game at all. I cant stand college football sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy View Post
    Overall a very boring game.

Quote Originally Posted by VIP Style View Post
    yeah, this didnt seem like a championship game at all. I cant stand college football sometimes.
    Im the same way, i can watch ANY NFL game but on any given saturday i might watch 2 college games...

The people that don't like college football, did you go to college and if so was it a smaller school. No ill will just trying to figure it out. I also think northern people like the NFL more.

when mccoy got hurt i knew it was going to be so boring b/c bama is a running team which is not any fun to watch...

McCoy stays in the game, Texas wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bdydrpdmazda View Post
    Im the same way, i can watch ANY NFL game but on any given saturday i might watch 2 college games...
    Im the total opposite. Ive maybe watch 15mins of NFL this year and and about 2-3 college games every saturday.

I agree though it was kind of a boring game. I wish McCoy could have stayed in but the outcome of the game would still probably be the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN View Post
    Have a beer. Makes life better everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bdydrpdmazda View Post
    i think the outcome would have been the same but it would have been a better game
    That's not true lol. McCoy is NFL bound plus he's been the starter all year. YOu put a Freshman in the hardest game of the year pfffft... it's going to be hard on him. He did alright but McCoy would have helped pull off a win.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdown201 View Post
    still probably be the same.
    i agree. the freshman quarterback didnt do bad. he threw some good throws that without a doubt should have been caught that could of changed the games outcome. For example that dump off pass right bf half wasnt his fault as it was thrown directly to the chest. then that sack fumble he was hit on the blind side so thats his offensive linemens fault and so on and so on...

im glad bama one non the less bc i never thought tx deserved to be there anyways.

sum up: with mccoy in yes a better chance of winning but b/c the freshman played IS NOT why TX loss...

Quote Originally Posted by S2KJD View Post
    im glad bama one non the less bc i never thought tx deserved to be there anyways.
    If Texas shouldnt have been there, then they proved Bama had no right to be there either. The score doesnt even come close to showing how close that game was. Even calling it a 10 point win for Bama doesnt show how close it was. The lucky pick 6 at the end of the half and the dropped TD pass, one of many drops for Williams, would have changed the game completely. As a matter of fact, If that pass is caught by Williams, or if Brown kneels on it and ends the half instead of that shovel pass, I think Texas wins it.

If Texas shouldnt have been there, then they proved Bama had no right to be there either.
    Cant disagree more! bama had one shake-up throughout the season, TN with the blocked field goals. TX plays 2 worthy teams on their schedule Nebraska and oklahoma, which both were a complete joke of so called games(shouldnt have to explain why as i know you are a football fan.)

The score doesnt even come close to showing how close that game was. Even calling it a 10 point win for Bama doesnt show how close it was. The lucky pick 6 at the end of the half and the dropped TD pass, one of many drops for Williams, would have changed the game completely. As a matter of fact, If that pass is caught by Williams, or if Brown kneels on it and ends the half instead of that shovel pass, I think Texas wins it.
    i dont disagree with this as you will see if you read my previous post. But you said it best "if the pass' were caught" which wasnt the freshmans fault that they werent. Therefore i still think the outcome would of been TX losses even with mccoy cause it wasnt the freshmans fault imo.

Colt plays whole game, Texas wins. Plain and simple.

Tex defense was up to the task and the offense did good with the Frosh QB. You put in McCoy and the offense does GREAT and wins the game.

Should've, would've, could've.... we'll never know now. Bama won and there is nothing anybody can do about it. Sucks that McCoy was out because it probably would've been a funner game.