View Poll Results: When will UGA lose its #1 ranking?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Week 1

4 11.11%
  • Week 2

2 5.56%
  • Week 3

6 16.67%
  • Week 4

2 5.56%
  • Week 5

0 0%
  • Week 6

1 2.78%
  • Week 7

0 0%
  • Week 8

0 0%
  • Week 9

1 2.78%
  • Week 10

0 0%
  • Week 11

0 0%
  • Week 12

0 0%
  • Week 13

0 0%
  • Week 14

0 0%
  • Week 15

1 2.78%
  • After their Bowl Game

0 0%
  • Go Undefeated and not lose it

19 52.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UGA #1?

hate to say it....i'm a gator fan.

Senior Member | IA Veteran  OneSlow5pt0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky DAWG
    i can see the florida loss.

LSU i don't think will happen, i see auburn being a loss over lsu.

Georgia Tech = not happening

Tennessee = not happening

South Carolina = i think it will be scarey close, but a Dawgs win with a comeback. The cocks always give UGA a run for its money
    i really think this might be the year for SC t move up,ive been waiting for it for what 3years now?

and every year they gotten better and knock off good teams,i really think thats gonna be UGA's toughest game,cause its almost a mind hurdle

and im a GT fan through and through............and i ave no idea what GT is gonna look like and that means UGA wont either........new coach,new offense,new defense,new running QB.......this will be a different GT then we have been seeing from the last 10 or so years,and im pretty excited but also scared of that

Official Gator Hater Lucky DAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulud
    so wait let me try and grasp your logic here...

your saying that a #1 team will have to win in a comeback against an unranked team and #2 vs. #3 will play the same week but the polls will not move up either USC or OSU?

lol well ya if that happened it would.

but i want SC to get smashed
    2005 Ford F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoToad
    i really think this might be the year for SC t move up,ive been waiting for it for what 3years now?

and every year they gotten better and knock off good teams,i really think thats gonna be UGA's toughest game,cause its almost a mind hurdle

and im a GT fan through and through............and i ave no idea what GT is gonna look like and that means UGA wont either........new coach,new offense,new defense,new running QB.......this will be a different GT then we have been seeing from the last 10 or so years,and im pretty excited but also scared of that

yea i go to south carolina and everyone on campus has the same buzz about it.

Spurrier is a damn good coach and has worked wonders with what he has been given.

Here is the thing though, our passing defense is there, they will put a lock on Stafford. But last year USC had the worst running defense in the SEC. you see the Arkansas game? lol yea exactly.

Moreno is going to run right through them every time, sure the brinkely brothers will be reunited on the field and be layign down the pain train, but i don't think that is enough to carry the rest of the run defense.

Not to mention Spurrier is playing musical chairs with the quarterbacks.

So i think if South Carolina was one of our last 3 games, they would have figured out the QB and would have gotten their game straight, but luckily at Week 3 i don't think they will have it together.

This is why i expect South Carolina to beat the almighty ACC powerhouse Clemson this year.

yea i go to south carolina and everyone on campus has the same buzz about it.

Spurrier is a damn good coach and has worked wonders with what he has been given.

Here is the thing though, our passing defense is there, they will put a lock on Stafford. But last year USC had the worst running defense in the SEC. you see the Arkansas game? lol yea exactly.

Moreno is going to run right through them every time, sure the brinkely brothers will be reunited on the field and be layign down the pain train, but i don't think that is enough to carry the rest of the run defense.

So i think if South Carolina was one of our last 3 games, they would have figured out the QB and would have gotten their game straight, but luckily at Week 3 i don't think they will have it together.

This is why i expect South Carolina to beat the almighty ACC powerhouse Clemson this year.
    yea i see where ur coming from

also i hope that clemson being powerhouse is a joke,lol

IDK, they are so stacked on defense they moved Eric Norwood (a huge 275 lb end) to a linebacker position. And with the new Defensive Coordinator (who worked miracles at Mississippi State) they will have one of the best defenses in the SEC and maybe in the country. They have raw strength, power, and speed in the secondary with Thomas and Munnerlyn. I think Moreno will have a hard time running consistently.

And amazingly this year, there really is no QB controversy, except the one that sports writers and fans have created. Spurrier has said for a while now that Beecher is his QB. Garcia just got back from suspension and still has an ankle problem. Even after his terrible scrimmage last week Spurrier isn't changing his mind at all.

I expect the UGA vs. USC game to be another nail-biter as usual, but USC might take this game out from Georgia's feet if they aren't careful.

Jay Tee Em

UGA!!!! Get Ready for the Season! its gonna be an interesting season thats all i gotta say
    If they want the fame, go ahead and let them have it

Quote Originally Posted by americanctm
    IDK, they are so stacked on defense they moved Eric Norwood (a huge 275 lb end) to a linebacker position. And with the new Defensive Coordinator (who worked miracles at Mississippi State) they will have one of the best defenses in the SEC and maybe in the country. They have raw strength, power, and speed in the secondary with Thomas and Munnerlyn. I think Moreno will have a hard time running consistently.

And amazingly this year, there really is no QB controversy, except the one that sports writers and fans have created. Spurrier has said for a while now that Beecher is his QB. Garcia just got back from suspension and still has an ankle problem. Even after his terrible scrimmage last week Spurrier isn't changing his mind at all.

I expect the UGA vs. USC game to be another nail-biter as usual, but USC might take this game out from Georgia's feet if they aren't careful.

I go to south carolina so i know the situation here.

Regardless of Garcia being on suspension or not being healthy. He doesn't knwo the play book and doesn't have a head on his shoulders, the kid is a loose cannon, no matter if he has the speed and skills to back it up.

my RA in my dorm last year was Spurrier's assistant. He said that he would run back from the huddle atleast 5 times a practice or just do a completely different play because he didn't bother to read the playbook at all.

I still think the run game is a big hole in the USC gameplan.

We will see though, i wish carolina luck though on any day of the week except Game 3.

^^ Yea that is one reason why Spurrier is sticking with Beecher. You are completely right on Garcia though, who knows what can be expected of him.
    Oh and the Brinkley brothers aren't back, only Jasper is because of a medical redshirt last season. Casper is on the Carolina Panthers roster i believe, he graduated.

But the USC run game is iffy, i agree. But the punishing run style of Mike Davis compliments Brian Maddox's (a huge recruit last year) run style extremely well. It will be interesting. Good thing the receiving core will be dynamite and South Carolina might have the best pair of Tight Ends in the country with Wesley Saunders and Jared Cook.

Can't wait for football to start.

UGA loses the #1 in the week 4 poll (after week 3). I honestly dont think UGA can do anything about it. Their weak opening schedule definately works against them when you ahve a team like USC rolling over BCS opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    UGA loses the #1 in the week 4 poll (after week 3). I honestly dont think UGA can do anything about it. Their weak opening schedule definately works against them when you ahve a team like USC rolling over BCS opponents.
    QFT

i mean UGA only beats a Championship Division school 45-21 and USC destroys a BCS team 52-7
    Val for President

when they play the gators

One Curve At A Time

A. USC kept the first string in the ENTIRE game. B. USC schedule is a JOKE compared to UGA's schedule. Central Michigan was the MAC champion. South Carolina destroyed NC state. ASU is supposed to challenge USC this year. LSU, Alabama(who killed Clemson), Floridia, Tennessee, Georgia Tech. UGA's schedule is the toughest in the country. UGA is def way more talented than USC. Stafford>Sanchez, Moreno>whoever, Massaqoi and Green> whoever on USC.
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

Quote Originally Posted by Cjrp18
    A. USC kept the first string in the ENTIRE game. B. USC schedule is a JOKE compared to UGA's schedule. Central Michigan was the MAC champion. South Carolina destroyed NC state. ASU is supposed to challenge USC this year. LSU, Alabama(who killed Clemson), Floridia, Tennessee, Georgia Tech. UGA's schedule is the toughest in the country. UGA is def way more talented than USC. Stafford>Sanchez, Moreno>whoever, Massaqoi and Green> whoever on USC.
    UGA's is more challenging, but not until late Oct. They have a 5 week stretch theat they play 3 very good teams. AZ St. isnt going to be nearly as good as preseason predictions. I imagine they will finish 3rd or 4th in the PAC behind USC, Ore, and maybe Cal.

All in all, I think my preseason predictions hold, USC/UGA in the NC. UGA gets stomped though because of better QB play for USC.

One Curve At A Time

EL OH EL. better quarterback play from USC? not gonna happen, plus UGA's defense hits harder, and is deeper. Knowshon, Caleb King, and Richard Samuel are a lot better than USC's backs
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

lawl if that prediction happen UGA would whoop that ass **** dirty sanchez and USC. this coming from Florida fan. My prediction is still a UF/OSU rematch.

The University of Florida Gators 2008 Football National CHOMPions.

when they play lsu
    garret t3 turbo for sale 290

Quote Originally Posted by BB6dohcvtec
    lawl if that prediction happen UGA would whoop that ass **** dirty sanchez and USC. this coming from Florida fan. My prediction is still a UF/OSU rematch.
    ill put $100 down that Florida wont make the NC

hell ill give you 2:1 pay out (you put $50 on the line)
    Val for President

One Curve At A Time

UGA's sched is beast, but I believe this is the year. UGA FOR the NC. I'd like to see OSU in it just so we can romp on them too. I'd like to see USC in it for another amazing game like Texas vs USC
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

UGA's sched is beast, but I believe this is the year. UGA FOR the NC. I'd like to see OSU in it just so we can romp on them too. I'd like to see USC in it for another amazing game like Texas vs USC
    lol if its uga vs osu, uga will win cause osu cant beat the sec in a bcs bowl

that would be the ONLY case i would ever root for uga
    Val for President

One Curve At A Time

The SEC tore people up this weekend. Vandy, S.C. UGA, Floridia, LSU, Bama, all won BIG. SEC pwns all,lol
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

The SEC tore people up this weekend. Vandy, S.C. UGA, Floridia, LSU, Bama, all won BIG. SEC pwns all,lol
    i love the SEC dont get me wrong but USC could take them. USC seriously has the most talent all around
    Val for President

One Curve At A Time

?lol, explain please? Stafford>Sanchez, Moreno and King>anyone they could put out. Only peyton manning could pass on our secondary. our o-line is our only weakness and it looked pretty good
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

?lol, explain please? Stafford>Sanchez, Moreno and King>anyone they could put out. Only peyton manning could pass on our secondary. our o-line is our only weakness and it looked pretty good
    D-line aslso lost a starter for the year this week. UGA is extremely thin on their lines right now.

If the game vs UVA was any indication, I would take Sanchez over Stafford in a heartbeat.

The USC defense is also a monster, They a quick, controlled and very disciplined. USC runs the table, and that includes against UGA in NCG.

Dont forget Miss St. LOSING to LA Tech, and Ark needing a comeback to beat 1AA Western IL.

One Curve At A Time

A. they lost the DT, but they are still pretty good at DT with Irvin, Westonm and one of the number one DT's in the country Tyson. O-line was "weak" last year and and gelled very quickly. Stafford played 4 quarters, I'm so glad he could put up those numbers in an EnTire game while Stafford put up his numbers in 2 and a half quarters :-p haha
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

Generally though, the SEC was dominant as always. I got the privelage of watching the LSU game, the Florida game, and of course the Georgia game, and thought I was in heaven... Elated that college football is back.

Georgia does have a HELL of a schedule this season. Week 1 games are always pretty much blowouts, so I wouldn't count Southern against us too much, but CMU may not make us look great. But after that... my GOD what a schedule. Even in week 3- Spurrier has UGA's number, and we're playing on the road. They looked great against NC State. It will definitely be interesting, and I think it'll be a nail biter, but I think Georgia will pull that one out.

Arizona State? THAT is gonna be one hell of a game. Their defense is gonna create some problems, and I think maybe Knowshon is gonna struggle in that game. Alabama, Tennessee, and Vandy I think will all be good games but they're all at Sanford and I just cant see us losing them this season, not when we're looking this good. LSU and Florida will be hands down the best games of the season, and the most challenging. Kentucky I don't think will be as trying as they were last season. They looked good against Louisville, but not phenomenal, and I don't think they've got what it takes to pose us any challenges. Auburn will be a good game as always, but I think we'll take em despite the fact that we wont be in Sanford (and blacked out, at that). Tech... uh... lol. I think we'll do alright against tech, even though UGA's best player Reggie Ball is gone.

So all in all I think the games to watch are gonna be ASU, LSU, and of course the cocktail party... and those will decide the season. May seem obvious, but its true.

One Curve At A Time

Auburn is losing players left and right in injuries. LSU still doesn really have a quarter back and Floridia is "controlling" tebow's running b-c UGA beat the HELL out of him last season. I heard people saying "I hope Knowshon gets hurt" LOL, why? Caleb King is just as Good and richard samuel isnt much of a drop off, not gonna help.
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

A. they lost the DT, but they are still pretty good at DT with Irvin, Westonm and one of the number one DT's in the country Tyson. O-line was "weak" last year and and gelled very quickly. Stafford played 4 quarters, I'm so glad he could put up those numbers in an EnTire game while Stafford put up his numbers in 2 and a half quarters :-p haha
    They have 3 DT's to cover 2 positions. I would call that thin. The O line cant lose another starter without a serious downgrading in talent.

I know Sanchez played four quarters, but he also completed 74% of his passes compared to Stafford's 65%. Sanchez di it playing tougher competition. Take a look at what the USC RB's, especially what Gable and McKnight did. That easily compares to what Moreno and King did, and again, against better competition.

One Curve At A Time

lol, those 3 were reserves, they still have the other starter. Thats 4 GOOD options, plus some other not quite as good options.I'll give you the o-line, but its fine as is. Virginia is down, i dont exactly call it that much better than Southern. UGA coulda had it 63-7 had they wanted to, but they didnt.
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

im ready for GT vs UGA

even though tech new uniforms are ugly as shat

it seems I was wrong. UGA dropped to #2 in the coaches poll already.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

edit: its official, USC grabs #1 in the AP also.
    Last edited by BanginJimmy; 09-02-2008 at 01:49 PM.

el oh el, guess i gave them too much credit (if that's even possible)

Quote Originally Posted by shagwAg3n
    el oh el, guess i gave them too much credit (if that's even possible)

Dont be suprised if the trend keeps up of playing a real team week 1. Doesnt even have to be a top flight team, but you need to play real teams to keep the high rankings.

Look at LSU last year, now USC to start this year. USC plays 12 BCS opponents this year, the only team to do so, and that includes teams that eventually play in CCG's.

lollolololol I was right.

The University of Florida Gators 2008 Football National CHOMPions.

Quote Originally Posted by BanginJimmy
    it seems I was wrong. UGA dropped to #2 in the coaches poll already.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...l/usatpoll.htm

edit: its official, USC grabs #1 in the AP also.
    lol i was wrong but thats great news lol
    Val for President

One Curve At A Time

Lol, well in 2 weeks either USC or Ohio State will drop down, and once we begin the SEC sched, UGA will jump back up to #1 for as long as we win
    97 DX Civic w/ H22 FS

Lol, well in 2 weeks either USC or Ohio State will drop down, and once we begin the SEC sched, UGA will jump back up to #1 for as long as we win
    lol if you say so...
    Val for President

poll closed since they lost it
    Val for President

UGA doesnt have a significant game until the middle of Oct. There is a chance they will lose too much ground before then to make it back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast