Thread: DB Drive 12" WD Subwoofer - 8000rms Burp - Dual 4ohm - Record Breaker

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Default DB Drive 12" WD Subwoofer - 8000rms Burp - Dual 4ohm - Record Breaker

Guys, we have an amazing deal on the DB Drive 12" Platinum WD Subwoofer.

This subwoofer is made for pure competition. This will compete with the RE XXX and MT subwoofers.

Dealer price on this unit was $440. This means any company that wanted it had to pay $440. Retail was from $600-$800 per sub.

You can get it now for only $280!!

We have 12 instock right now...this will not last!!

This is not your ordinary subwoofer. With spl tone burst power handling at a staggering 8,000 watts, the Platinum Series WD subwoofers have been engineered with the competitor in mind. The foundation of the driver is the massive motor consisting of 340 oz. triple stacked magnets, 3 inch high temperature voice coils, and a ventilated motor assembly for cooling. The dual 4 ohm voice coil windings allow for flexibility in wiring low impedance configurations to harness and maximize the power of the Platinum Series amplifiers. An extremely rigid paper cone coupled with dual dampers maintain linearity and low distortion for the long throw travel of the driver.

Features:

- “High Roll Assembly” foam surround
    - Rigid multi-layered paper cone
    - Four piece rigid dustcap design
    - Dual progressive spider
    - 3 inch, high temperature voicecoil on anodized aluminum former
    - Anti-resonance die-cast aluminum basket
    - Chromed and etched top and bottom plates
    - Triple stacked 340 oz. magnets
    - Protective magnet boot

Specifications:

- 12” Dual 4 ohm voice coil subwoofer
    - SPL RMS Tone Burst: 8000 watts
    - RMS Power: 2000 watts
    - Magnet Size: 340 oz.

Recommended AirSpace:

- Frame Diameter: 12.375 inches
    - Mounting Depth: 8.75 inches
    - Mounting Diameter: 10.87 inches
    - Full Depth: 9.75 inches
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -t_579-jpg   -dsc_0061-jpg   -dsc_0062-jpg   -dsc_0063-jpg   -dsc_0064-jpg  

Last edited by DynamicSound; 11-17-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Damn, insane.

Badass price on a badass sub.

Gracias

TopNotch Audio guy! lovinmydodge's Avatar

looks beefey , wonder if anyone has put real 8000 rms to that sub...
    Mods- High flow cat, Flowmaster stage 2 exhaust, Intake, Lots of wiring upgrades, h/o alt, 2 18's walled, off 8000 rms custom interior VERY LOUD (152.3) on music and a 156.6 outlaw.( system sounds alot like this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmydodge View Post
    looks beefey , wonder if anyone has put real 8000 rms to that sub...
    The DB Drive competitors have...they are .5dB away from having the world loudest vehicle. Not to mention how many world records they own right now with this sub...I think they have over 20 right now. They use these WD subs and their new Okur amps. Their new Okur subs will be 24,000rms burp.

so db drive is running 179.8 dbs?
    Mods- High flow cat, Flowmaster stage 2 exhaust, Intake, Lots of wiring upgrades, h/o alt, 2 18's walled, off 8000 rms custom interior VERY LOUD (152.3) on music and a 156.6 outlaw.( system sounds alot like this!!!

after about 20 mins of searching I cant find them anywhere. Currently the record holders are Alan Dante using 1 18. and team Pioneer....

and alan dante hit 180.5 ..... so even the quote on their site is bs saying the record not yet broken..... the coveted 180 mark.

either way the sub is a monster and would move alot of air!

jason....how much do those Okur 3500.1 amps go for?

They have not broke the loudest car record yet. They have been going after it for the last 2-3 competitions. Last time I checked, they were about .5dB off from the record. With the way they are going after it, I am sure they will have by mid 2010.

However, they have tons of world records in different classes. In July, they took 11 1st place prizes and 2 world records at Texas Jam. In October, they walked away with 6 1st place prizes at the USACI/dB Drag Unified Finals. Danny Mays alone has over 11 world records...not counting the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by CH@Dbee View Post
    jason....how much do those Okur 3500.1 amps go for?
    The prices are not solid yet...they are not released to the public. Right now, they are only in the hands of the DB Drive team for competition. The 7500.1 was like $4,000 last time I heard, but prices will change slightly once they release their new full Okur lineup. They are going away from the chrome and flashy stuff and making their competition lines pure muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicSound View Post
    The prices are not solid yet...they are not released to the public. Right now, they are only in the hands of the DB Drive team for competition. The 7500.1 was like $4,000 last time I heard, but prices will change slightly once they release their new full Okur lineup. They are going away from the chrome and flashy stuff and making their competition lines pure muscle.
    damn! i didnt expect them to be that much. i like the way they look, very clean. i HATE the way their quantum amps look barf

can you explain something to me, What is the B&K meter? thats a meter i've never heard of, the TL however is iirc the standard for high spl...

but bump glws. I am looking to do a more spl oriented setup myself. not really a serious run at it but just to play with. so... i'm looking for something with a little less mounting depth than this. and i have 1500 rms @ 1 ohm currently to play with. what do you have that would do well? I have about 9 cubes to work with

Quote Originally Posted by CH@Dbee View Post
    damn! i didnt expect them to be that much. i like the way they look, very clean. i HATE the way their quantum amps look barf
    DB is changing Quantum up too. All the orange will be gone...the logo will be in blue. The orange has been one of the things killing Quantum from day one.

but bump glws. I am looking to do a more spl oriented setup myself. not really a serious run at it but just to play with. so... i'm looking for something with a little less mounting depth than this. and i have 1500 rms @ 1 ohm currently to play with. what do you have that would do well? I have about 9 cubes to work with
    Check the Quantum Audio Q12SPL sub...1500rms. I have them on closeout for $125!! You would just need the dual 2ohm and will be a perfect match. It will compete closely with the RE XXX...the XXX edging it out a little on power handling.

Cool video of one of their cars shredding paper.

http://dbdrive.net/home-video.php

can you explain something to me, What is the B&K meter? thats a meter i've never heard of, the TL however is iirc the standard for high spl...
    B&K is not a spl measuring system. It is the USACI B&K World Records. This is where the record is that they are going after. Danny Hays has already hit 182dB in other events.

well I did a little research and found that b&k is infact a meter. its used by nasa and its a little more accurate than the regular tl. However generally speaking the b and k unit is generally only used when trying to break world records.

The WD is now on demo...come by and we can drop it in your car so you can hear what it sounds like!!

Cool video of Danny Mays WD subwoofers shredding paper.

http://dbdrive.net/home-video.php