Thread: Nice CUSTOM BOX for 10's FS... VT Virtual Technology!

Default Nice CUSTOM BOX for 10's FS... VT Virtual Technology!

This box is custom made box from the Source on Roswell Rd. This box can make the 10's sound like 3 12's if you want them to and gives you the all around lows you like. You can bump real hard (I mean real hard), or you can bump low to mix in w/ your highs for a good all around system. The box is made for 2 10's. Letting go for 75.00$. MEASUREMENTS:18"L-34.5"W-15"H. That pic is in the trunk of an RSX.

Last edited by Greddypacked; 10-24-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Nismo's Avatar

if it was made by the source its a wavebox
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboi50
    white power!!!!!! .....1

Quote Originally Posted by Nismo View Post
    if it was made by the source its a wavebox
    This is a Virtual Technology box, not the generic type.
    Last edited by Greddypacked; 10-22-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Bump new price 80.00$!

It was purchased at The Source, not assembled there. These boxes do hit hard, but you need to be picky with which subs you throw in there if you are looking for a flat response curve. If you just want to 'hit hard' and could care less about sound quality, these are still loud with the crappiest of subs installed.

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Virtual Technologies was only made at Sound Sensations, but sold out of other shops. The designer of Virtual Technologies went out of business because they decided that they were going to spread to amps and speakers and simply ran out of money. If they stuck to subs/enclosures, they would still be around today.

One of the guys that built the VT box named Les tried to copy the design when VT went out of business. He made the Wavebox. He was originally at Sound Sensations until they let him go. He then was at the Source until Andy let him go. He then went to MegaMaxx until he got a job with Pyle or Pyramid...can't remember. He is now back as of 1 month ago at MegaMaxx.

Virtual Technologies made AWESOME enclosures. They made any sub pound and they still were small enough that they would not blow subwoofers like crazy.

The Wavebox is the biggest POS made. Les makes them way too large and they blow subs like there is no tomorrow. This is why Sound Sensations and The Source let him go. On top of that, his enclosure builds are poor quality on top of terrible installs. I have seen some of his installs were the amp wiring looked like a snakes nest on top of not knowing how to tune an amp.

Quote Originally Posted by DynamicSound View Post
    Virtual Technologies was only made at Sound Sensations, but sold out of other shops. The designer of Virtual Technologies went out of business because they decided that they were going to spread to amps and speakers and simply ran out of money. If they stuck to subs/enclosures, they would still be around today.

One of the guys that built the VT box named Les tried to copy the design when VT went out of business. He made the Wavebox. He was originally at Sound Sensations until they let him go. He then was at the Source until Andy let him go. He then went to MegaMaxx until he got a job with Pyle or Pyramid...can't remember. He is now back as of 1 month ago at MegaMaxx.

Virtual Technologies made AWESOME enclosures. They made any sub pound and they still were small enough that they would not blow subwoofers like crazy.

The Wavebox is the biggest POS made. Les makes them way too large and they blow subs like there is no tomorrow. This is why Sound Sensations and The Source let him go. On top of that, his enclosure builds are poor quality on top of terrible installs. I have seen some of his installs were the amp wiring looked like a snakes nest on top of not knowing how to tune an amp.

You know your shit. I will be coming to see you Friday to discuss my current project. PMing you about it now.

The Source was a great shop back in the day. I had one of their single 12 VT boxes with an ESX sub and a Crossfire 200 watt amp. That setup was amazing for the money and they installed it fast and right.

If I were willing to give up that much trunk space I would love to see what this box can do with 1000+ clean watts being thrown at it.

Someone needs to buy this, you won't be disappointed.

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

I wonder what this box would sound like with my pair of Diamond Hex Pro's????

Quote Originally Posted by SlipAngle View Post
    You know your shit. I will be coming to see you Friday to discuss my current project. PMing you about it now.

The Source was a great shop back in the day. I had one of their single 12 VT boxes with an ESX sub and a Crossfire 200 watt amp. That setup was amazing for the money and they installed it fast and right.

If I were willing to give up that much trunk space I would love to see what this box can do with 1000+ clean watts being thrown at it.

Someone needs to buy this, you won't be disappointed.
    Thanks

Yeah, when Andy owned it, it was a great shop. He was the founder of it and closed it in 08. Another guy bought it, but was shipped off overseas. Guy named Eric bought it. He was the current owner of it until they were evicted. The Source as of now is closed and the name is dead. American Radio and Audio Trix is looking at taking over the location under their name. I was looking at it too because the price is right and was in talks, but I don't think relocating my business on the other side of town so early will be the best for my business. It is a great shop to scope up though since it was an existing car audio shop and will get tons of business from that and all the advertising that is already out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900 View Post
    I wonder what this box would sound like with my pair of Diamond Hex Pro's????
    Oh yeah. They will sound great in there. The Hex Pro is great up to 1.5-2 cuft per sub in large enclosures and this one should put it right around that.

How long have you been in business? If you plan on continuing with this same level of enthusiasm, we might need to talk...

I knew the guys who owned that sign shop that was just across the street from the source, they've done well and moved to a larger place. That location CERTAINLY gets the traffic.

Oh yeah... and Jaime, those Hexes will pound harder than you think they will in that box. If you listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop you will surely not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by SlipAngle View Post
    How long have you been in business? If you plan on continuing with this same level of enthusiasm, we might need to talk...

I knew the guys who owned that sign shop that was just across the street from the source, they've done well and moved to a larger place. That location CERTAINLY gets the traffic.

Oh yeah... and Jaime, those Hexes will pound harder than you think they will in that box. If you listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop you will surely not be disappointed.
    Been into car audio since I was a teen and was an installer. I have been in business since 2003, but more of a side business. I was a manager with Target for 10 years. I left them in 08 so I could fully run the business. Have been in the current location since mid 2008. Looking at relocating very soon to a larger store with bays very soon, but somewhere close to my current location.

that's a great box, i had 2 JL's in a expedition and they pounded hard, free bump

Yes im sure this box is a original and not the wave box (copied version). How I know this is, the box was bought when they started coming out w/ VT and sold for over (1k) dollars just for the box from the Source. I know Andy and he has always been very helpful w/ purchases on my old stereo equipment. Those ESX's lasted over 7 years lol. This box is legit and know way those ESX's lol could of lasted that long if this was a wave box. The box is like still like new and bumps just as good as it did when was first bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Greddypacked View Post
    Yes im sure this box is a original and not the wave box (copied version). How I know this is, the box was bought when they started coming out w/ VT and sold for over (1k) dollars just for the box from the Source. I know Andy and he has always been very helpful w/ purchases on my old stereo equipment. Those ESX's lasted over 7 years lol. This box is legit and know way those ESX's lol could of lasted that long if this was a wave box. The box is like still like new and bumps just as good as it did when was first bought.
    Yeah, that is a true VT box...wavebox is just a standard box.

Those ESX subs were very strong subs...I had a pair of 12" in a bandpass box. I actually quite a few people that still bump their old ESX subs with no problem. They are owned by a German company now and are primarily sold in Europe.

New price bump 75.00 but that's as low as we going to go. That's a steal for this type of box.

Bump bump.. bump bump it up!