Thread: Its been a while but I'm back with a EJ

Senior Member | IA Veteran Mad Mike's Avatar

Default Its been a while but I'm back with a EJ

Picked up a 94 Civic Ex with a GSR swap a few months ago.
    She wasn't pretty but if you've seen my other cars this one is starting off a lot better.

Painted her white. Not happy with it so I'll be repainting her soon.

As of last weekend I made some room in the engine compartment for some new parts.

Also installed a Vibrant adjustable secondary timing tensionier. It takes up the extra slack the stock tensionier can't remove to keep the belt from jumping a tooth on the cam gears. Plus it looks damn cool.

Monday a large package was delivered.

I've already fitted the intercooler and modded the piping to work. Now I just need a few more parts and I can install the rest of the system.

O and for you that don't know me here is my last Honda.
    90 CRX with a fully built turboed Z6 swap. JE forged pistons, eagle h-beam rods, acl race bearing, arp head studs, ported and polished head, port patched intake and exhaust manifold, TD05 14B turbo at 12psi, DSM 450cc injectors tuned with chrome. 210hp
    When I bought it...

Just before I sold it

Welcome Back

Dude it think i almost purchased that blue Crx like 3 times off Craiglist for $500-900 all different sellers lol

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Dude it think i almost purchased that blue Crx like 3 times off Craiglist for $500-900 all different sellers lol
    I bought it in 05 or 06 from a guy in Commerce. He was about to give up on selling it and just junk it. I spent 4 years piecing it back together before I sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post
    I bought it in 05 or 06 from a guy in Commerce. He was about to give up on selling it and just junk it. I spent 4 years piecing it back together before I sold it.
    If its the one the last time i spoke to a guy was some years back had it in Jefferson said it needed some engine work but wanted $650 as it sit. I ended up not going to check it out and found another EJ instead.

hell yes mike !!!! Keep us posted with lots of pics

Quote Originally Posted by cactusEG View Post
    hell yes mike !!!! Keep us posted with lots of pics
    Will do. I'm waiting on parts to show up and it will be boosted by next weekend. I'm also boosting my buddy's built LS Integra at the same time so its going to be a ton for work.

I got bored yesterday while waiting on my buddy's cadillac CTS-V brake parts so I pulled my valve cover and got rid of the neon yellow/green. This was just a test to see if I liked it witch I do so I'm going to strip it down to bare metal and paint it right. Plus paint the letters black to match.

I like your style. Nice color choice on the crx. Good stuff

Finished installing the turbo. All I have left is to install is the new fuel pump, injectors, hook up the 3bar map sensor and get her tuned.
    Before

After

Today I started on my friends LS Integra. His is going to be a lot more work because hes keeping the A/C and power steering.

As of tonight all thats left on his car is the oil feed, finish the intercooler piping and make some custom radiator mounts and it will be ready to go to the exhaust shop Saturday then to the tuner some time in the next few weeks.

Certified Gearhead

glad to see the civic in good hands mike keep up the good work buddy....the ole jeep is still a going drive it 50 miles round trip to work everyday

Quote Originally Posted by gsrcivic View Post
    glad to see the civic in good hands mike keep up the good work buddy....the ole jeep is still a going drive it 50 miles round trip to work everyday
    Glad your liking the Jeep. I'm oving the civic.

Got up at 6am this morning and got by buddy's Integra tuned. 265HP 230tq at 10psi. Stock bottom end with built head. Crowler stage 2 turbo cam, dual valve springs, titanium retainers and skunk 2 cam gears.

Mike is the fucking man !

Senior Member | IA Veteran GSRteg®'s Avatar

Nice Mike

I havent done a lot to the civic due to money issues but I thought I would post up some new pictures. I Re plasti-dipped my hood black today. I also installed some yellow fog light to fill the holes I had to cut out to fit the intercooler piping.

Also built a oil catch can for my friend integra and had some fittings welded into his valve cover. Turned out pretty nice.

Little update.

Civic is still running good. Still haven't had the money to get it tuned.

My buddies boosted LS integra ran into a issue and now the motor needs a full rebuild. I was driving it and it lost compression on #1. Got it back to his house and pulled apart the motor to find this.
    Broken ring land. Luckily it didn't damage the cylinder wall so I'll be installing all forged internals and Turing up the boost. Looking for 400+hp.

Did some custom fab work on my civic over the last two days. I replaced the ramhorn manifold with a cast one and redid the exhaust. It now shoots out the passenger side bumper and sounds awesome.

Video of it idleing it's a little loud outside the car but is super quiet in the car.

Friend driving by me so I could hear it.

Did some work to the civic today. Installed a custom coolant resivor and soldered in the obd2 injector clips.

Also ordered some arp headstuds that should be here Tuesday and as soon as I install them I'm scheduling to have it tuned.

The day had come and i got my civic tuned yesterday. Vary happy with it and Defintly need better tires as these just spin and anything over 3/4 throttle.

Ended up making 290hp and 226tq at 10psi.

Videos

Final power run. Smoked a bit more than I wanted at the and of the run so I'm going to start looking for a new block to start building soon.

Those are some very solid HP numbers. Is that gsr engine built or stock internals?
    13BRA21

Stock internals only mods are arp headstuds, skunk2 intake manifold, 750cc injectors, aem fuel rail, webro 255 fuel pump at stock fuel pressure.

Turbo is a Turbonetics T3/T4, cast manifold, ebay intercooler kit tuned on chrome by Scotty. 2.5" bumper exiting exhaust was built by me with open screamer pipe.

Plans are to get another b18 block and build the bottom end then swap it out. Turn up the boost and see what she can make.

Installed a DIY catch can setup on my civic last weekend. Don't have any pics of it because I haven't painted the valve cover yet.

Friday I picked up a new to me set of rims for the civic. 15" driftz there a little rough but with a little tlc they will look good.

Damn Mike youve been on it ! I love it. Sigh missing my civic !

Certified Gearhead

I havent been here in a long time....miss the civic like crazy mike jeeps still running hard and daily 50 mile trips to work aint hurting it..glad to see you still got the civic though and i see its been good to ya

Its been a while since I updated this post and I got a pretty big update.

The GSR motor let go on me Tuesday the 14th. Best part is Friday the 17th was my birthday. I've decided to sell the turbo kit and go all motor LSVTEC. Already have a machined LS block LS rods with .5 over gsr pistons installed and my GSR head. Just got to come up with the cast for gaskets and the convesion kit. But I'm also trying to move into a house so it's going to be a while.

Mike you keep shitting on us !!!