Thread: Dahlonega & Dragon Run Aftermath

Default Dahlonega & Dragon Run Aftermath

I would start by saying me and my bro got back in one piece, but that is not the case here.

Fortunately it was just a small casualty, my brother's front lip was torn off somewhere on/near the Cherohala Skyway. And we didn't realize this until we got all the way home.

The conditions were basically perfect, no rain/snow, literally only 2 cops and about 10 cars while on the Dragon and Skyway.
    But naturally there were a few "bumps" like, a patch of gravel on hwy 60 and by the time we got to the Skyway, like around 8pm, it had to be 10 Degrees if not lower.
    So cold that black ice was forming and we were forced to stop around 3,500FT.

So ya, my brothers first time driving the mountains and I took him through Dahlonega and straight to the Dragon. Was impressed overall, he kept up pretty good at a moderate pace.

Would of liked more people to join us but atleast I got to spend some time showing my bro the ropes up here. Pics to follow:

Glad to hear it went well and everyone came back safely.
    JDMadness ==> EvasiveEF9

Quote Originally Posted by EvasiveEF9
    Glad to hear it went well and everyone came back safely.
    Thanks.
    The only bad part was that the Skyway was not drivable, so I'm planning on going back soon. Just this time I'll be leaving VERY early and get some good Ice-Free runs in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cato ED-6
    Thanks.
    The only bad part was that the Skyway was not drivable, so I'm planning on going back soon. Just this time I'll be leaving VERY early and get some good Ice-Free runs in.
    You might not be able to really get an ice-free run in for a couple months, bro...
    JDMadness ==> EvasiveEF9

just put some chains on there and run it full speed lol
    now with LSD
    got an ef? www.eastcoastefcivics.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDMJAYDC2
    just put some chains on there and run it full speed lol
    Fuck it. Just flush out your trac-control system, and service it using the "ice" viscosity.
    JDMadness ==> EvasiveEF9

Quote Originally Posted by EvasiveEF9
    You might not be able to really get an ice-free run in for a couple months, bro...
    I know, I'm planning for March or April, and we'll have to go during the day.

The Dragon was perfect in the day. So I'll give it a month or two and go during the day. That way the Skyway should be well cleared. That is if there is no rain/snow.