Thread: Looking to add some speakers.

Certified Gearhead

Default Looking to add some speakers.

I'm really trying to improve the sound system in my car, right now I just have a alpine head unit with the factory speakers. Don't really want subs or anything to take up trunk space but just some good sounding door and rear deck speakers. Any suggestions?

pm dynamicsound

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Thanks Scott!

I assume it is for the Lancer...what year is it?

Ideally you will want to replace the stock speakers, components in the front and coaxials in the rear. Then add a 4 channel amp to bring up the sound along with improving the clarity. The final step would to add some sound deadener to the doors where your mounting the speakers.

That will give you best result, but it depends on our budget...some choose to upgrade the speakers first and later add an amp if they still feel it needs a little more.

To give you an idea of price, here are a couple killer deals we have going on right now...however, we sell just about any brand so we can get you whatever you want. We do have other options that will be lower priced.

DB Drive: ($294 Products, $220 Installation, Sound Deadener Free w/ Install)
    - S7 6.5" Components - $100
    - S7 6.5" Coaxials - $65
    - A3 80.4 Amp - $120
    - Amp Kit - $9

Rockford Fosgate: ($250 Products, $220 Installation, Sound Deadener Free w/ Install)
    - R1 6.5" Components - $65
    - R1 6.5" Coaxials - $40
    - R300.4 Amp - $135
    - Amp Kit - $10

Boston Acoustics: ($315 Products, $220 Installation, Sound Deadener Free w/ Install)
    - SE 6.5" Components - $90
    - SE 6.5" Coaxials - $60
    - GTA704 Amp - $155
    - Amp Kit - $10

Certified Gearhead

Its a 2005 ralliart. Those prices look great, I will come check you out soon. Thanks.

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Cool