Thread: headunit instllation

Default headunit instllation

got a few question for headunit install for one of our cars. its a is300

1. is the labor same price whether i purchase a headunit there or i bring my own? can i a quote please for the labor and parts, not include the headunit it self. is there anything else need to be done beside the headunit instllation?

2. will a headunit alone be sufficient for the stock speakers, or need an amp etc? im good with the quality of oem audio, dont need full audio like others.

3. familiar with grom? can that be used for aux 3.5mm headset jack on mp3 player/ipod/phone etc.

thx fellas.

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Hey,

Yes, our prices are the same no matter if the product comes from us or not. Either way it will come it will come with a Lifetime Warranty on the installation.

In most cases, the aftermarket headunit will be able to integrate in with the oem amp, so it will the same as before.

What year is the IS300 and what model is the Grom Integration unit? Thanks

02. not sure which grom unit yet. audio quality wise which would be better, grom or replace HU?? let me know on the price parts and labor, thx.

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Hey,

I would personally replace the headunit and make sure whatever unit you get has the inputs you want...USB, AUX, etc.

The downside is you need an integration harness, the Metra TYTO-01 which is a lot more expensive than a standard harness. Here are the prices...

CD Player Installation - $50
    DVD Player Installation - $100
    TYTO-01 Harness - $70
    Dash Kit - $20

So price just depends on if you get a cd player or dvd player. Thanks