• VINTAGE CLASS Oldschool Car Meet This weekend! Sunday 2.16.2014

Everyone usually arrives there by 1PM and hang out until about 4PM. This meet is only for cars that are 1989 and older and fans of those cars.

Sometimes people grill out. Please post up if you're coming and if you're bringing anything.

RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/219471221536383/

Took a few pics at the last one:
      This article was originally published in forum thread: VINTAGE CLASS Oldschool Car Meet (1990 and older) -Every Third Sunday of the Month started by TheVengeance View original post
      Comments 343 Comments
        quickdodgeŽ -
        You know I'm down with this, Amir, if that's cool, man.
        TheVengeance -
        sure QD, I think it would be nice for you to come!

spread the word if you can.. im not too slick on where to get the word out to the right people but I think this could be cool.
        bitchface -
        HAA!! my old '86 cressy in those pics!
        quickdodgeŽ -
        Quote Originally Posted by TheVengeance View Post
        sure QD, I think it would be nice for you to come!

spread the word if you can.. im not too slick on where to get the word out to the right people but I think this could be cool.
        I'll get the word out. This is old school cars across the board, right? Any make and any model within the specified years? If so, I was just thinking that this might just be a great idea as far as meets go.

I just saw that the shiop doesn't open on Saturdays anymore? The one day I get a chance to try to swing by (tomorrow), and the shop'll be closed....damn, lolol.
        TheATLien -
        im down!
        burn unit?uhmmm tottem?i write too !
        TheVengeance -
        @QD

yea man the thing is that I just want to push anything thats old.. even 89 might be pushing it but I am not entirely sure what years to cut it off at.. all i know is that when they all pull in, if an 94 mazda came up i would have it park away from the group.. you can kick it and enjoy but in case of a dope photo op that would be the weak link.. so it would have to go..

as far as the makes.. as long as its any one of THESE.. 1910 to 1989 im with it.

Acura
        Audi (USA)
        BMW of North America
        Buick
        Cadillac
        Chevrolet
        Chrysler
        Dodge
        Eagle
        Ferrari
        Ford
        General Motors Corp.
        Global Electric Motorcars, LLC
        GMC
        Honda
        Hummer
        Hyundai
        Infiniti
        Isuzu
        Jaguar (USA)
        Jeep
        Kia Motors America
        Lamborghini
        Land Rover of North America
        Lexus
        Lincoln
        Lotus
        Mazda (USA)
        Mercedes-Benz (USA)
        Mercury
        Mitsubishi Motors USA
        Nissan USA
        Oldsmobile
        Peugeot
        Pontiac
        Porsche (USA)
        Regal (Buick)
        Saab
        Saturn
        Subaru
        Suzuki
        Toyota (USA)
        Volkswagen of America, Inc.
        Volvo of North America
        etc...

i just like the idea of an old Volvo next to a TE27, next to a 69 Camaro, next to a RX3, next to a old prelude, next to a etc..

that is the point.. to see the attraction and respect the old class of ALL car makes.. and to form a support group for our LOVE/HATE of rust.

I dont care if your car is a fadmobile with pokey wheels, a DC shoe drift idiot, a slammed plaid ductaped parts getter.. whatever!.. just come through and hang.

and yea for the time being the shop will be closed on weekends indefinitely.. thats why im putting this together..

I WAS WONDERING WHAT A GOOD TIME FOR THIS WOULD BE... either in the morning time 11 or 12 or afternoon time.. like 4 or 6?

and @ATLien..

you didnt know I was a big car guy?.. just a paint slinger?
        RandomGuy -
        155.3% down

and LMAO @ scientist shrug
        RandomGuy -
        We were planning an old school meet next month at shorty howell park and a lot of my old school buddies were riding out to gwinnett,

We literally just "finalized" plans yesterday for Sunday Oct 21 @ 11am. Ideally I would have preferred a smaller one, so people don't act like strangers like they do in the big ones. I'm sure they wouldn't mind consolidating it, or we can do both and have the northside ones more often and everyone from all over can come out to the big monthly one, maybe the sunday after C&O every month?

I think Sunday around 11AM is a good time, because the parks will be empty as I think the church crowd is probably heavy in the park-going families crowd. But then again this could exclude someone who may really want to come and make them choose between church and cars lol.
        shubert -
        I dont care if your car is a fadmobile with pokey wheels, a DC shoe drift idiot
        thanks bro, love you to. i feel the burn of the spot light from here.
        Pazattack86 -
        lol im down for whatever, but yeah we just finalized a date on our atlanta old school automotive community facebook group, but like I said im down for whatever, hasan let me know, and ill open my loud mouth to spread the word to fellow old schoolers
        TheVengeance -
        yea Hasan the big reason why the Brook run park was my first choice was that its centralized.. most of my Southside people dont like coming all the way to the Northside and the Northsiders dont want to come too far South.

so this park is 3 exits off of Spaghetti junction going west and very comfortable to get to.. right off the exit .5 mile, then a left into the park, and there is 1 stoplight to go through, plus the road you dont have to worry if your car is slammed!, no speedbumps.. cant beat it.

I like shortyhowell but its kindof a pain in the ass even just IN the park, then going through Pleasant Hill isnt too pleasant to most Oldies..

this one seems like a comfortable medium if it works out..

The big thing is that I want people to feel welcomed to something like this, and you hit the nail on the head about since its smaller they wont feel as alienated.. and like most oldschoolers we like other oldies and can talk in great lengths even if the cars make is a rival to our own.. cant say the same thing everywhere else.

cause I can tell you from MY personal view is that I DONT GO TO SHOWS/MEETS because of the pretentious attitudes that "fanboys" tend to have when I go there.. I just want to roll into a spot with cars I personally dig(old) and talk to guys with similar views on em.. taste is subjective.. like I didnt agree with some modifications of the Cressidas in the Pics section.. BUT.. do I hate them?.. HELL NO..

I sure as hell want them to COME THROUGH!

hell I drive an slammed 86 cressida wagon to work!.. why wouldnt I like theirs?

like whats not to like on a lineup like this?

and then make that a regular thing?

psssh...

so yea, lets pool together something.. I think we all can make something cool for ATL..

cause I have LOVE for ATL... wink!
        TheVengeance -
        Quote Originally Posted by shubert View Post
        thanks bro, love you to. i feel the burn of the spot light from here.

I actually wasnt thinking about you.. but since you wanted the heat aimed on you..

ahahahha
        quickdodgeŽ -
        @QD

yea man the thing is that I just want to push anything thats old.. even 89 might be pushing it but I am not entirely sure what years to cut it off at.. all i know is that when they all pull in, if an 94 mazda came up i would have it park away from the group.. you can kick it and enjoy but in case of a dope photo op that would be the weak link.. so it would have to go..
        That's how Dave Wilson, John and I did the OSJC meets. If it wasn't an OSJC, then you could still come through, but there were sections for those cars to chill. I'm definitely hype over this, man.

As for time, like Hasan said, morning time would probably be best. Eleven sounds good, maybe even ten, although that might be pushing it too early.

and then make that a regular thing?
        You had me at this part.
        TheVengeance -
        shit.. matter of fact I was thinking.. and its SUPER short notice

but ANYONE WANNA MEET UP TOMORROW?

same spot, 11 am?

reason is I was thinking It might be cold by the time the first meet.. I want to enjoy some of this nice weather..

either way, us Burn Units will meet up tomorrow at 11am just to go and get coffee and skateboard at the spot.. so there wont be like 2 cars or anything.. come through.
        TheATLien -

and @ATLien..

you didnt know I was a big car guy?.. just a paint slinger?
        ayeee its MR toteM! naaa naaa naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i remember seeing a couple of your cars on a mural or in a picture in front of your murals!
        bitchface -
        I'd roll out with my cressy but as silly as it sounds, 11am is too early for me on the weekends.
        quickdodgeŽ -
        You'll miss some fun times, then, man.
        TheVengeance -
        I mean realistically what time would YOUNG AND OLD be up on a Saturday or Sunday?

hell im not even sure of which would be better.. would folks want their Sat to themselves and wouldnt want to go to a quick meet?
        or would they rather a Sunday midday thingy.. which I am a later riser myself..

If its like Saturday then like maybe a more of a 12-1pm thing?

and a Sunday like a 1-3pm type thing is better?

what yall tink?
        TheVengeance -
        Quote Originally Posted by TheATLien View Post
        ayeee its MR toteM! naaa naaa naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i remember seeing a couple of your cars on a mural or in a picture in front of your murals!

interesting!.. not bad kid!

I tend to not talk about Graffiti in car circles because I really do the car thing to escape that.. I know cars have their politics and everything also but I just enjoy the camaraderie in this game.. its different.

so im trying to focus what I enjoy most in this game.. the oldschool.
        quickdodgeŽ -
        Any time is good with me. I don't do too much on Sunday as I like to sit back and watch the Falcons, but I could miss that once a month or so.
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!