• The Ultimate Wheel/Tire Guide

Tire Tech:
      Tire Bible - the bible on tire
      General Tire Information - how to read your tire size.
      Calculate Aspect Ratio - show how to calculate the aspect ratio.
      Calculating Tire Dimensions - information on how to calculate tire dimensions.
      Air Pressure - Maintenance Tips to Increase Tire Performance, Life and Durability.
      Wheel Lug Torquing - A guide to torque your wheels at recommended specification
      Tire Rotation - Rotating your tires periodically is an essential part of tire maintenance.

Suspension:

Suspension Bible - the bible on suspension
      Alignment and A Short Course on Wheel Alignment - every thing you need to know about alignment.
      How to Alignment - tells how to do you own alignment
      Alignment Terms - words used

Wheel Weights/Width and
      Tech:
      Wheel Tech Guide - Everything you need to know before you buy new wheels.
      Wheel Width - A table showing what size tires fit on different size wheels. (Thanks speedminded)
      Wheel Weights - comprehensive wheel weights database on the internet to make it easy to find information that's tough to get from the manufacturers.
      Tire Decision Guide - determine the tire performance categories from which you should select your new tires.
      Bolt Patterns - list of bolt patterns and lug sizes. (Thanks speedminded)
      Hub Centric Rings - does your car vibration after you had it balance? the reason you need a hub rings. Hub Centric vs. Lug Centric
      Stock Wheel List - info on stock wheels

Recommended Installers:
      Recommended Wheel and Tire Installers - enter your zip code on the right side and list recommended installers pop up.

Miscellaneous links:

Wheel Center Caps - find center caps for your wheels
      How to polish your rims - tells how to polish your wheels
      How to painting wheels - tells how to paint your wheels

Wheel Repair:

Wheel Wizard
      Metro Wheels

Interactive Guide Below \/

>>Continue on post #2<<
      This article was originally published in forum thread: The Ultimate Wheel/Tire Guide started by Andy_013 View original post
      Comments 35 Comments
        Andy_013 -
        Interactive Guide

Wheel/Tire fitment guide - compare settings like wheel size, tire size and clearance.
        PS: Set the left side to stock size, and right side to play around with aftermarket options.
        Wheel Offset Calculator - calculate wheel offset
        Tire Size Calculator - see what happens to your speedometer reading when you change the size of your tires and wheels.
        Tire Size Calculator 2- compare different size tires
        Tire Size Calculator 3 - This service calculates various aspects of a tire given its size specification.
        Drop guide - shows how your car will look lower or lift.
        Tire Dimensions Made Simple - compare different size tires (Thanks Gorilla Eg!)

fairly in-depth and very technical spread sheet which allows you to punch in wheel size, wheel weight, tire size, and tire weight and then spits out the moment of inertia of it. http://se30.dyndns.org:8080/SVX/rot_inertia_wheels.xls (thanks Mafdark)

P.S. -Feel free to ask me any questions if you have trouble reading the output or figuring out how it can help you choose your next wheel/tire.

If a link is dead let me know and I'll find another one.
        If you have any other good sites post it, and I will add it to this post.
        puregroove -
        nice man..good post. I found this site a while back but could never find it again.
        .blank cd -
        hmmm
        cdhtang -
        for the wheel, we can use the offset calculator. Just search on google.
        korilee13 -
        ****ing nice find, i'd rep you but it says i gotta spread my lovin to other folks first
        Andy_013 -
        new update
        Whiteboy™ -
        STICKY THIS **** MODS
        GSRteg® -
        Good site
        MeanMugen -
        good post thank you LOL
        TheGrillMan -
        i vote for sticky
        Andy_013 -
        If you have any other good sites post it, and I will add it to the first post.
        Andy_013 -
        Quote Originally Posted by deathbyturbo View Post
        i vote for sticky
        hi, mods listen to this person!!!
        KevinT707 -
        Stick this forreals!
        puregroove -
        You should keep adding to this Andy:::
        Andy_013 -
        Quote Originally Posted by puregroove View Post
        You should keep adding to this Andy:::
        updated
        puregroove -
        You're a gankster, fa sho::
        The Yousef -
        stickied.
        speedminded -
        What a pu$$y to steal all the links from my thread. You had two bull$hit photoshop "lower your car and add tint" links on here yesterday and nothing remotely technical other than the miata.net calculator...3 links!

I didn't even see this thread when I made mine because your last reply was 02-24-2008 until you edited with all the links I spent time looking up yesterday, lol.

Thanks for the wheel offset calculator though
        dickdragon -
        don't hate, participate! j/k guys in the wheel business have been using these guides for 10+ years now. it's just not released to the public. at least these guides will prove my point right that a 17" & 15" wheel/tire combo for a civic/integra are literally the same height!

good find!

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded View Post
        What a pu$$y to steal all the links from my thread. You had two bull$hit photoshop "lower your car and add tint" links on here yesterday and nothing remotely technical other than the miata.net calculator...3 links!

I didn't even see this thread when I made mine because your last reply was 02-24-2008 until you edited with all the links I spent time looking up yesterday, lol.

Thanks for the wheel offset calculator though
        speedminded -
        Quote Originally Posted by ****dragon View Post
        don't hate, participate! j/k guys in the wheel business have been using these guides for 10+ years now. it's just not released to the public. at least these guides will prove my point right that a 17" & 15" wheel/tire combo for a civic/integra are literally the same height!

good find!
        I fully understand that. I love it when people ask if a 17". 18", 20" whatever wheel will fit there car or better yet say their car scrubs because they put a 17" or 18" wheel on it.

If you size the tire properly keeping the same outside diameter then NOTHING has changed!! Go up a wheel size then go with a lower series tire...it's common ****ing sense!
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!