• Turbo Guide

I found this pretty informational and a good read. maybe this could be stickied for others to see
      ---------------------------------

Adding a turbocharger system to a car that was not designed for it is not a simple process. Like most things in life, you get out of it what you put in. There are many paths to turbocharging your car. You can use the best parts money can buy or you can use junkyard parts. How much forethought and work you put into your setup is directly proportional to how much performance and reliability you will get out of it. To many times I have heard people complain about how poorly their system performed, or how turbo Hondas are unreliable. If done correctly a turbo Honda can be just as reliable as a naturally aspirated or stock turbocharged car. The key is research, planning, and preparation of the vehicle.

An excellent source of information is the book "Maximum Boost: Design, Testing, and Installing Turbocharger Systems" by Corkey Bell. Though not specific to Hondas, this book is one of the best sources for general information on what is required to design a turbocharger system.

This FAQ does not cover supercharging because at the time of this guide's writing there are no kits available for the 1990-1993 Integra. The Jackson Racing SC does not clear the fire wall on the 90-93 Integra, there is also an issue with brake master cylinder clearance. Vortech does offer kits for the 99+ B16 Civic Si and 94+ Integra. One G2IC member was successful in modifying one of these systems to work with his car. The relevant information can be found here:

Here >> Turbo Guide
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Turbo Guide started by SL65AMG View original post
      Comments 15 Comments
        mocha latte cupcake -
        Great find! i'm sure this will be useful to alot of people! repped if i can!
        rickylsi -
        Very informative!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        GaGen2Teg -
        good find reps
        GAtegs -
        Cool info.
        #1Beaver -
        nice find
        Andy_013 -
        nice fine +1
        ATL86 -
        Always a good read, even though it needs some updating.
        teg_seven -
        well if that didnt answer all the questions i would ever need to ask
        besides "help me put one in?" lol
        y-49 -
        thanks very informative. reps++++
        P-town-zenki -
        nice
        89MX6GT -
        ok can some one tell me the name and number to a shop that will build a turbo exhaust manifold for my mazda?
        Elbow -
        Quote Originally Posted by 89MX6GT View Post
        ok can some one tell me the name and number to a shop that will build a turbo exhaust manifold for my mazda?
        www.ebaymotors.com
        patch515 -
        very nice and useful too
        batmanspawn -
        thats what she said
        jville95 -
        Quote Originally Posted by [b View Post
        89MX6GT[/b]

Quote Originally Posted by simontibbett View Post
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!