• Plasti Dip you wheels DIY Guide with TONS of pics!

Ok guys, so we decided to Plasti Dip the BRZ wheels and made sure to take lots of picture to document it in order to help anyone interested in doing it themselves:

Obviously first things first, get the car off the ground in order to get the wheels off of it.

Next thing we take put the wheels to the side and start to get them ready for a good old hand cleaning.

First we use a light de-greaser to take off any road debris and dirt.

After letting the de-greaser sit for a few minutes we rise with water.

Next we used clean towels to dry the wheels completely.

Use an air compressor to help get rid of any excess water in the nooks and crannies

After drying we decided to use micro-fiber clothes ensure everything was off the rims

After the wheels are completely dry we started to tape the tires off

When taping the wheels make sure to use 2"-3" pieces of tape to ensure a nice clean masking

Now its time to start to spray. We made sure to do MANY light coats at first. Here is what the wheel looks like after the first coat

Up close of the first coat

We proceeded to do light coats on all 4 wheels until the first can was out. After the first can was completely finished this is what the wheels looked like

Another close up of the wheels after 1 can was used on all four wheels

TO BE CONTINUED IN AN HOUR AFTER WE ARE FINISHED!
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Plasti Dip you wheels DIY Guid with TONS of pics! started by dtmcnamara View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
        Vteckidd -
        Did mine last week. Use note cards between the tires and rim to get perfect spray . my .02
        dtmcnamara -
        I saw this and think next time I will try it. The painters tape is how I have always done it and it has worked great, if you take the time to make sure everything is perfect. The only problem is that it takes forever to get it done correctly.
        Captain-Obvious™ -
        Yeah, note cards are quick and easy. Not to mention more forgiving.
        alex14 -
        I have a stack of playing cards for this exact reason. I think I'm going to plasti-dip my wheels next week. thanks for the write up.
        C230K -
        Where can I buy plastic dip and is there in color red?
        Vteckidd -
        Black and silver is what I see mostly at Home Depot or Lowes, but you can get any color online.

Amazon, Home Depot, etc all carry it online
        C230K -
        ^Thanks you guys, I went to Ace Hardware store and bought some there and dipped my grill, very pleased with the results
        Bacon -
        I wish they made a deeper red so I can do my R6.
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!