• Upcoming Events

• NOPI NATIONALS Supershow - Sep 21-22 at Atlanta Dragway

NOPI car shows began in 1988 at a NOPI store parking lot. It all started out as a Volkswagen show. In 1990, we added Mini Trucks to the mix. Then in 1992, we added import cars, then in 1993 we opened it up to domestic cars. The NOPI Nationals was born. The event in Atlanta grew and grew to the point where there were over 7000 vehicles in the show, over 300 vendors and up to 100,000 people.

NOPI began Drag Racing in 1997. First we produced a drag race in Atlanta partnering with NIRA (National Import Racing Association) Then in 1998, we joined forces with ID Drag Wars and took NOPI events on the road. In 2002, we formed our own drag racing series partnering with Universal Studios. It was the Fast and Furious Drag Racing Series. In 2004, it became the XBOX Cup Series and in 2008, the NOPI/NHRA Drag Series began.

Drifting exhibitions began in 2003 at a number of NOPI events. The NOPI Drift series was added in 2007 with the final round held at the NOPI Nationals.

NOPIs TV show - NOPI TUNERVISION ran from 2002 through 2007 on Spike then on Speed. Most episodes had dozens of airings. It featured scenes from all aspects of NOPI events.

Unfortunately in 2008, the events were stopped mid-season due to a string of bad weather dates and the onset of the economic downturn.

In 2009, 2010 and 2011, we struck a deal with REDLINE TIME ATTACK (2009), HIN (2010), and NSCRA (2011) to do a series of events combined events.

2012 - the NOPI NATIONALS Supershow Returned. It was held at the Atlanta Dragway, September 22-23, 2012. The show was a great success and everyone was fantastic. The feedback has been overwelmingly positive and it looks like the NOPI NATIONALS will be making a geat comeback.

2013 - The NOPI NATIONALS Supershow is scheduled for September 21-22 @ Atlanta Dragway.

Here are pics from our event last year which was the first time we came back after many years:

This article was originally published in forum thread: NOPI NATIONALS Supershow - 3rd weekend in September - Atlanta Dragway started by NOPIGUY View original post
    Comments 23 Comments
      down_shift -
      cutting edge as always.
      1civic -
      Quote Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
      cutting edge as always.
      You must not know the history... Gezzz!
      hondachik -
      Will be there.
      down_shift -
      Quote Originally Posted by 1civic View Post
      You must not know the history... Gezzz!
      guess I need to work on e-sarcasm.
      Billet370 -
      Can't wait for the show. By far the best show in the ATLANTA area!!!!!!!!!!
      1civic -
      Quote Originally Posted by Billet370 View Post
      Can't wait for the show. By far the best show in the ATLANTA area!!!!!!!!!!
      That was joke right?
      hondachik -
      Can't wait. Wasn't that great of a show last yr, hope this yr will be better. I miss the NOPI from like 2008/2009-ish Atlanta Motor Speedway.

S.I.C. Chic!!! (Split Image Customs II)
      SPOOLIN -
      Quote Originally Posted by hondachik View Post
      Can't wait. Wasn't that great of a show last yr, hope this yr will be better. I miss the NOPI from like 2008/2009-ish Atlanta Motor Speedway.

S.I.C. Chic!!! (Split Image Customs II)

haha you mean like 06-07(they conked out mid year 2008)....which the better shit was 02-06. The OG's will come in arguing about "lakewood". Its useless to me now...Hell, NOPI is in general. I would only attend that race if someone paid me too.
      quickdodgeŽ -
      Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
      The OG's will come in arguing about "lakewood".
      I'll vouch for that, lolol.
      KNHTRDR -
      LOL I rem. lakewood too but Ive never argued about it, NOPI was grassroots at it finest I think it can be close to what it once was but ya gotta start from somewhere, Hell nobody else is bringing shows here cause most of Atl car scene dont wanna show up unless its a meet. With the exception Of the Noluv4atl crew and some of yall crapped on them for that too so dam if ya do and dam if ya dont kinda thing. Btw I will be there with my crew from Atl,Fla,North and South Carolina.
      NOPIGUY -
      OVER 100 industry exhibitors so far - by show time there should be over 150......

The NOPI NATIONALS Supershow @ Atlanta Dragway is coming together just like it used to. Dates are Sept 21-22. Check out the current Exhibitor map:
      http://nopinationals.com/index.php?vn=EXHIBITOR2013LO
      Billet370 -
      That was joke right?
      No. What show tops this in the Atlanta Area?
      RandomGuy -
      That was joke right?
      What was better, last year, or even this year?

It's a SHOW, not a motorsports competition like showdown etc. The show scene we have here in ATL, people would kill for in other states/cities.
      quickdodgeŽ -
      Quote Originally Posted by Billet370 View Post
      No. What show tops this in the Atlanta Area?
      Everyone has their own opinions about this show. In my opinion, to answer your question, any car show you find out in the country hosted by different churches are undoubtedly better compared to NOPI.
      cactusEG -
      Im going. I haven't been to NOPI in a long time !
      RandomGuy -
      Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
      Everyone has their own opinions about this show. In my opinion, to answer your question, any car show you find out in the country hosted by different churches are undoubtedly better compared to NOPI.
      Really....

So any random church car show is better than Nopi??

Here are pics we took last year: IMPORTATLANTA.COM - Automotive, Lifestyle, Offtopic, Forum, Blog, & Online Community - Nopi Nationals @ Atlanta Dragway, Day 1- 9.22.12 [beware: lots of pics]
      quickdodgeŽ -
      Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
      I prefaced my response, not once, but twice, with the word opinion, Hasan. I'm not the stand-all, end-all voice of what is good and what isn't.
      SPOOLIN -
      Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ View Post
      I'm not the stand-all, end-all voice of what is good and what isn't.
      Bullshit.
      quickdodgeŽ -
      Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
      Bullshit.
      Heheh.
      03RCode -
      I'll be there in the sound area with my Expedition. Looking forward to seeing a few familiar faces again I haven't seen in a long time.
  • This section is under construction

About us
ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
Announcement
Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!