• My new to me Mach 1 and resulting 3 day detail...

Those who know me, I do high end detailing for a living. The type of detailing that can take anywhere from 10-60 hours on one vehicle. For my new to me Mach 1, the car deserved my highest level package. For a car with 23,000 miles on it, it deserved to look like it was brand new. Paint was in pretty rough shape and needed a lot of work. Previous owner had it detailed by a less than professional detailer and the paint was covered in marring. Engine bay was just as bad. So, spent the last 3 days doing the car out fully. 100% correction, all jambs cleaned and sealed, engine bay/paint was cleaned and sealed/dressed. Then applied the Opti-Guard Resin Treatment to the paint. Paint came out amazing. Literally looks better than new. Under all the micro marring, scratches and water etching, was amazing paint.

Pulled it in too start cleaning.

Took a few shots of the paint and glass prior to cleaning...

Engine bay before cleaning it up...

Trunk jamb that needed to have this mold removed...

After washing the car and stripping the paint, this is the condition it was in.

Did a test area to figure out exactly it was going to take too get too 100% correction.

Test area...

After...

Then some 50/50 of the area...

Removed the spoiler to be able to correct the paint underneath...

Condition underneath the spoiler...

Taped up and ready to start working on the whole car...

A better comparison of the difference that just compounding made...

Rear window was pretty well covered in water mineral build up...

After all the correction was done and the paint was cleaned with an alcohol solution...here is the condition of pretty clean paint.

Trunk jamb cleaned of the mold...

Taillights needed to be done...

Taillights after...

Engine bay after. Paint was cleaned and sealed. Plastics and shaker were cleaned and dressed.

Now for all the after shots. Paint has some serious gloss and color too it now.

This article was originally published in forum thread: My new to me Mach 1 and resulting 3 day detail... started by MachNU View original post
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!