• Matte Black GTR done by Mirror Detailing in Marietta GA

Been in talks with a customer of mine who was interested in having his Nissan GTR wrapped till he got it painted. His paint was to far gone for detailing as he loves to drive his car and track it. So until his paint job, he always wanted it Matte Black. So he got with me about doing a full wrap on his car. He dropped off his car last week and the goal was to have it done by Caffeine and Octane.

We wanted to make this thing look perfect. I think, the customer thought and everyone at C&O thought we did. Customer was beyond happy with his car, a few GTR customers stopped by my shop to watch the build and see the car and were blown away. It was great being at C&O and hearing a lot of people think the car had a $8-10,000 Matte Paint Job on it. We removed anything we could that would allow for a more fluid wrap and more coverage...and just a overall better wrap.

Now for the GTR...

Day 1:

Prepping the paint and minor dis-assembly.

Day 2:

Hood wrapped, roof wrapped, antenna wrapped and more dis-assembly.

Day 3-4:

Trunk wrapped, spoiler wrapped, roof trim wrapped, rear bumper wrapped and some reassembly.

Day 5-6:

More dis-assembly, side mirrors wrapped, doors wrapped, fenders wrapped.

Day 7:

Front bumper wrapped and final reassembly. Vehicle cleaned and ready for Caffeine and Octane....which was in 3 hours after finishing the car.

Was a ton of fun doing this. What wasnt fun was putting in 37 hours the final two days. Tons of fun going to C&O with only an hour and a half of sleep lol.

Here is a final shot of a side view before and after...

Then a few photos I have seen so far of it at C&O!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Matte Black GTR started by MachNU View original post
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!