• 2013 Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta (Last ALMS Race EVER!)

Here are some photos I took from this weekend's Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta and the final American Le Mans Series event.

New to using a DSLR, be nice.

This article was originally published in forum thread: 2013 Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta (Last ALMS Race EVER!) started by Elbow View original post
      Comments 11 Comments
        nintendobratkat -
        Enjoyed looking at those. Thanks for posting!
        Elbow -
        No problem!
        RandomGuy -
        Awesome picture:

.. and wtf is this:
        Sammich -
        i wish people would post up when these events are
        Elbow -
        Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post

.. and wtf is this:
        This is the famous Delta Wing.

Also commonly referred to as the Dildo Wing, Delta Wang, and many other nick names.

It was originally completely Nissan based but then Panoz bought out everything now built this coupe version which uses a high modified Mazda based power plant from Elan. Although it's HIDEOUS and just weird, it goes very fast for what it is, reliability issues aside. The front wheels are the size of bicycle wheels.

Here is a cool video from when Nissan was working with it, I recommend watching the ENTIRE video, it's actually pretty cool how it all works, I can't stand looking at it but from an engineering standpoint it's very cool.

Nissan is back building another with the original designer but with a hybrid power plant.

Oh and Sammich, because most here don't follow racing at all. lol Although Petit was heavily advertised this year. I even saw ads on Pandora.
        Sammich -
        i havent heard anything on pandora...if you know a couple wks in advance can you post up? i'd love to go to one, i been dying to go to a race event
        Elbow -
        Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
        i havent heard anything on pandora...if you know a couple wks in advance can you post up? i'd love to go to one, i been dying to go to a race event
        Sure, Petit Le Mans is every fall and is by far the largest.

I'll post up smaller events too though.
        Sinfix_15 -
        Awesome pictures! LOL @ Delta wang........

I need to start checking these races out, looks like a pretty sweet way to spend the day.
        Scotsman -
        awesome pics Simon , i had a blast there , first time i have been to an event of this size , my boys had a great time too , thanks again bub for the wink wink lol
        Elbow -
        Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
        awesome pics Simon , i had a blast there , first time i have been to an event of this size , my boys had a great time too , thanks again bub for the wink wink lol
        Awesome! Anytime!
        EJ25RUN -
        2013 was my 4th straight Rolex+Sebring+Petit all in the same year so time for you to do the same in 2014.
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!