• 1993 Nissan 240SX with LS1 Swap

This project started almost 2 years ago when I picked up a slightly modified car. Had some coils, KA24DE with some bolt ons, and a silvia front. Pretty nice car, but nothing amazing. I was one of the first people to get the Square wheels. They were great for the price.

And a stereotypical engine bay picture from the previous owner.

I decided the KA wasn't something I wanted to build, but I also didn't want an SR since my brother already has a pretty nice SR. I spent a pretty good while doing research and decided that the ls1 was the swap for me. I know a lot of people think it's the cheap way out, but that's just their opinion.

After a few months of looking around I found the setup to buy and made the purchase. Over last winter, the swap was completed with help from my brother and a couple of friends. We did it on spare weekends and used google a lot.

After the first weekend it was already in, albeit with a lot of work left to go.

From this point on it was pretty uneventful for a little while. I bought a lot of small things to get it running, and never really got in a big hurry. Then it ran, and all was good with the world.

I still need to relocate that relay on the left side.

At this point I started going to drag events to see how it ran. Here is a video from last year's Import Showdown in Montgomery. All those runs were on some sissy 225 Mickey Thompson ET streets.

Here is one from the fall Muscle Car Evolution track day. This was on some bigger 255 ET streets. For some reason I can only embed one video, so you'll just have to click this one.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBZX...e_gdata_player

After that event I traded the Silvia front for a kouki 180sx front setup. I'm finally putting it on this weekend and will get some pics of it. The car is also now 5 lug with Cobra R wheels. I'm really happy with the car and should be around the local drag events again this year, even though no one lets me compete. Thinking about doing some drifting events too. It's not the fastest or nicest car around, but it's definitely quick enough to hurt some feelings.

Mods list for those interested:
      Engine/Trans
      2000 LS1/T56
      LS6 Clutch/flywheel
      Driveshaft Shop aluminum driveshaft
      Sikky clutch master cylinder
      Custon 1-7/8" headers
      Aeromotive fpr
      Custom intake with K&N filter
      Comp springs
      Summit pushrods
      Thunder Racing Raptor cam
      Daft power steering lines
      new water pump, power steering pump, starter, alternator
      GTO oil pan
      Ebay N1 exhaust with resonator and muffler
      B&M Shifter
      Nismo 2-way differential

Exterior/Wheels
      Kouki front bumper
      5-lug conversion
      1993 Mustang Cobra 17x9 +24 wheels
      Mickey Thompson ET Streets 255/40/16 for drag days

Interior
      s14 seats
      Pioneer CD player
      Crackless dash (well worth mentioning, knock on wood)
      Autometer Cobalt water temperature and oil pressure gauges
      Dakota Digital sgi-5 speedometer module

Suspension/Brakes
      Fortune Auto Coilovers
      SPL Titanium Rear Upper Control Arms
      SPL Titanium Rear Toe Rods.
      SPL Titanium Rear Traction Rods
      SPL Eccentric Lockout kit
      Nissan OEM Type-X Front strut bar
      Ebay rear strut bar
      Sikky front swaybar with end links
      Q45 front, Altima rear rotor conversion

Thanks for reading, and look forward to seeing some updated pics and videos as the spring arrives.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: 1993 Nissan 240SX started by carguy07 View original post
    About us
    ImportAtlanta is a community of gearheads and car enthusiasts. It does not matter what kind of car or bike you drive, IA is an open community for any gearhead. Whether you're looking for advice on a performance build or posting your wheels for sale, you're welcome here!
    Announcement
    Welcome back to ImportAtlanta. We are currently undergoing many changes, so please report any issues you encounter with the site using the 'Contact Us' button below. Thank you!