Thread: closest drag strip?

Default closest drag strip?

Where is the closest drag strip to acworth/kennesaw? I'm not looking for the best strip, just need to go some tuning on my car.

Dallas......but beware of the V8's out there.

eh I don't care about v8's...just want to go during a test and tune.

When negotiations fail... Ruiner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_STI
    Dallas......but beware of the V8's out there.
    Yeah, but it's an 1/8th mile track. Hopefully that is enough room to tune.
    AIM: RuinerTT
    2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Dallas = 1/8 mile
    Commerce = 1/4 mile.

Commerce will be a bit of a drive, but prolly worth it. +points for you for taking it to the track, man. Good call. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

yeah an 1/8 mile track is not long enough for me to do tuning so I guess commerce it is. But v8's at an 1/8 mile track? hmmm, I stand a prett good chance then at whooping on some of them....awd Might be fun to go down there some other day to race. Thanks for info guys.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

I don't know about running against V8's on an 1/8 mile. That is their milieu. V8's best power surge is through the first 8th mile. But good luck and let us know. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverJester
    yeah an 1/8 mile track is not long enough for me to do tuning so I guess commerce it is. But v8's at an 1/8 mile track? hmmm, I stand a prett good chance then at whooping on some of them....awd Might be fun to go down there some other day to race. Thanks for info guys.
    I wouldn't bet on that. Most V8s are set up to run 1/8th mile. They put in the higher gears (4.10s or higher) and spray out of the hole. Couple that with slicks and you are looking at high 6s, low 7s in the 1/8th if not faster. They are quick cars.

realy? I would have thought v8's were more up top power...guess I'm wrong

realy? I would have thought v8's were more up top power...guess I'm wrong
    They usually fall off on the top end compared to the low-end torque/speed.

‹^›‹(ňżó)›‹^›

Hmmm... good luck with that lol, the majority of the regulars out there run mid 5's to low 6's = P but ya... Dallas would be the closest track. But be warned, the majority of the area around the track is gravel, so if your car is very low, you've been warned.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Quote Originally Posted by HyPer50
    Hmmm... good luck with that lol, the majority of the regulars out there run mid 5's to low 6's = P but ya... Dallas would be the closest track. But be warned, the majority of the area around the track is gravel, so if your car is very low, you've been warned.
    I need to go to a 1/4 mile for some good tuning...and after realizing that v8's are really quick in the 1/8 I probably won't be much competition.

I need to go to a 1/4 mile for some good tuning...and after realizing that v8's are really quick in the 1/8 I probably won't be much competition.
    Yeah. I run high 7s and wouldn't stand a chance.

‹^›‹(ňżó)›‹^›

lol wasn't trying to talk you out of going to Dallas... but if you go up there plannin' on whoopin' on the V8's, you better be bringing quite a bit with ya heh. No problem with you just goin' up there and runnin' your car tho, thats what test and tune is for lol.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

Quote Originally Posted by HyPer50
    lol wasn't trying to talk you out of going to Dallas... but if you go up there plannin' on whoopin' on the V8's, you better be bringing quite a bit with ya heh. No problem with you just goin' up there and runnin' your car tho, thats what test and tune is for lol.
    yeah I know, I wasn't going to do a test and tune there anyways. Just thought that I could would have a leg up on the v8's considering it is such a sort track that i would go there some other day jst race them (not to tune). Like I said I need a longer track to be able to tune better. But when my brother gets his project duster finished, maybe we'll take that out to dallas.

tokyo

All bark, no bite.

I went to Dallas the other night. While there were some slow V8s, there were just as many fast V8s fighting to keep their front tires down, lol.

I've got a lot of friends with mustangs. They have got that big V8 mentality. Long tubes! Flow Master! I'm like the only sports compact guy that hangs with them. They call me their little ricer. But they know its not long now until they will be playing catch up with me. The prevailing attitude is they don't ever want to be humiliated by being wooped by a four cylinder, especially an import. But we enjoy hanging out together and trading power tips. So keep up that tune and don't let a mustang intimidate you. Like in the previous post, there are quite a lot of slow V8's out there.

thanks, I just wat to get my car tuned and start getting it ready for the import showdown, hopefully there will be a new manifold before then too

IA.com BS DETECTOR

You can tune a dsm just fine in the 1/8 mile. You do the 1st 3 shifts before the 1/8 usually in an AWD car anyway...its just one more gear. Also the track at Dallas is prepped much better then a typical friday night at commerce but with AWD thats not a big deal.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

You can probably beat most of the cars down there that just have regular radial tires if you can run low 8s or better. Cars with slicks forget about it usually. The track is supposed to be closing so after you will only have commerce as somewhat of a close track thats decent.

3rd gear goes up to 95mph, and that it what I am used to tuning in. That is why I'd prefer to go to a 1/4mile.

ain't nothing wrong with us v8 boys, after all, I am posting here on IA cause I have respect for imports also, Dallas is pretty fun to run...I used to go all the time.

L@t3 N|GHt Cr3\/\/ and Hump Her Crew member

There was some Subbies up there last Friday running like mid to high 8's. The muscle cars were running 6 & 7's