Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannonball "One Lap Of America 2007"

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRAYSTi
    They have to make it there by 12pm deadline to compete in that race or they recieve a DNS. 600 Miles. We will see. ***mph on the highway what better way to break in a engine.
    should be 3 hrs and 15 minutes left? What time did they start for the 600 miles?

3am they left Utah, to Pueblo Colorado.
    Tray M
    Val for President!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAYSTi
    3am they left Utah, to Pueblo Colorado.
    oh yeah, you already said that! Gotta average nearly 70 mph to make that

Privateer Racing!!

Damm man, thanks for updates!!
    Tell Doug where all rooting for him!!

They were 30min too late.... So they got a dns for this morning session. On the bright side said the engine is running fine. Did a oil change and he is tuning it for the next track session. Hopefully we can fight our way back.
    Tray M
    Val for President!

That is total bullshit!! They should be allowed to run the morning session with all they have been through!!! Who is with me!!! AARRRRRRRRHGGHGHGHGHHH!!!

All bark, no bite.

That is a little homo that they won't let you run. It is what it is. Hope you guys can recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango1300
    That is total bullshit!! They should be allowed to run the morning session with all they have been through!!! Who is with me!!! AARRRRRRRRHGGHGHGHGHHH!!!
    ONE MORE TIME! ONE MORE TIME!! ....fly them and the car back to utah and let them do it again

Cool

Just got the call from Doug... they are heading to South Bend and calling it a day. Doug is too much of a perfectionist to take an untested pckage and push the limits on a track. So, he and Luke are heading home and passing the torch to the other Subarus and Supra to bring home the Import Win!

This completely saddens me, but it is truly the hard decision of a Professional to make. Mad Respect little Bro!

The brighton is done. I can't describe the disapointment. It boils down to goofy electrical issues we can't nail down. Likely caused the first problem, and after trying to road tune the second time, we were having the same issues and didn't want to destroy a second engine.

From an outsider standpoint, it would seem we were pusing the limits of the engine. But Doug was actually conservative w/ the tune, and it's the same setup we had last year - and that car is still running awesome.

A huge thanks to COBB.

Christian worked with us the entire time to swap the short block. I took a nap to prepare for the 9 hour drive ahead of us. When I woke up at 2am, Trey Cobb was there helping out, unbelievable. Super nice guys, very nice shops, lots of engineers and computers going on, they really know what they're doing. And i saw the carbon car!

Also thanks to:
    TopSpeed - Doug built a car that could've won. You'll see it at some events in the near future - dominating.
    Ultimate Racing - turbo kit ftw.
    Rota - rock solid wheels, as always.
    Robert Zafaras - he bought my old STi and wanted to pay our entry fee this year. if you need any land development work in Pittsburg, look him up. Thanks Bob.
    Racing Brake - 6 piston kit ftw.
    Bill @ SoJax
    while we talk a lot of smack on the boards, the GSC, SOG, Boxer4Racing guys are all very laid back and groovy. we've all helped each other out along the way - which is part of One Lap.

edit: This is Doug, I just wanted to post something techincal since I am sure alot of people will ask. On our way from Mid-America we had our oddesy battery break a plate causing an over charge condition. This cause the large ground wire from the battery to melt, we never caught this problem before going out with the new battery at Miller. At miller the car was breaking up not plugs but the car was physically turning off. Luke made it two laps before the car stated to smoke. During the first two laps we were actually 3 seconds faster than the DaVia porsche and only .5 seconds behind the Hennesey Viper. A very Huge thanks to COBB, they went above and beyond to help us get the car back on the road. When the motor was ot we found that the number 1 cylinder's skirt had broken. At around 3:30am we were done with the shortblock swap and began out drive to pueblo. Arriving at pueblo to a huge crowd of clapping onelaps we started feeling better about our decision. After unloading the car and putting some racegas into it I went out for some road tuning. This is were things got screwy again, the car was not runing or reacting how it should. But would run very inconsitant almost like we had a huge grounding issue or the ecu twas TKO'd. At this point we threw in the towel, not wanting to risk anything and still being able to drive the car back to south bend. Only thing I can assume is when the oddesy battery went it took out more than just the large ground. We will get the car back to the shop and figure out what happend. Expect to see up around as we will be running some of the east coast time attacks.

Like the saying goes "see you next year"

Doug

(Post on Nasioc.com from Luke Russell, and Doug)
    Tray M
    Val for President!

All bark, no bite.

Nice update. I bet it was an awesome experience. Props to you guys.

What/When is the next race you guys will attend here on the East Coast? I'd love to come check it out.

The car looks great! Seen it a few times the past month....wonder how it would be with body colored flares?

Scott and I are currently in 9th place overall and tied for first in class.

Hopefully we can move up on the dry skid pad. We are only a couple of points out of 7th so we will see.

Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowwrx
    I fucked İhris's mom

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baller
    Scott and I are currently in 9th place overall and tied for first in class.

Hopefully we can move up on the dry skid pad. We are only a couple of points out of 7th so we will see.

Matt
    Awesome!!!

Keep it up guys, You guys are doing well. Top 10 is no easy task. Bring home the mid priced sedan plaque. :boobies:
    Tray M
    Val for President!

put up a congrats in the whoreslounge, i didnt know this was here. but baller and scott siegel got 2nd in class and 9th overall. sorry the topspeed guys got out of it for electrical probs. they were a serious contender for the top spot overall. woulda been nice to see a subie #1!!!!!!!!!
    00 GSR 13.33@114 (355/304), 92 LX 5.0(twin somethings), 02 MTI(TX) ZO7 427 (540/518)sold, bmw 318w/2jz(driftn), 93 Supra TT Hardtop, 04 ford excursion, 55 chevy cruiser

MabletonSpeedShop member

MCE Mafia supporting member
    honored to be MCE Dec'08 rotm
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RNQN9i4Be-kvette mtn run
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjgbxbGyN5A poopra 1st 9sec 1/4

Congrats to Doug with the "1LAPSRT" SRT-4 for the number 1 spot in the same class and fifth overall. Some of yall might know him or seen him. He drives the black SRT-4 all One Lap stickered up that comes to Atlanta Dragway during the Friday night test and tunes. It sucked that TopSpeed and Lake Effect Racing had problems.
    2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by Member31410
    Congrats to Doug with the "1LAPSRT" SRT-4 for the number 1 spot in the same class and fifth overall. Some of yall might know him or seen him. He drives the black SRT-4 all One Lap stickered up that comes to Atlanta Dragway during the Friday night test and tunes. It sucked that TopSpeed and Lake Effect Racing had problems.

Yeah Doug is a great guy and a heck of a driver. They were very consistent and had very few problems. I'm doing a write up right now. I expect us to go top 5 next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowwrx
    I fucked İhris's mom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12