Thread: starting problems on my astro van... yes i said astro van

IA Member

Default starting problems on my astro van... yes i said astro van

alright well i have a 1993 astro van and i recently replaced the spark plugs and spark plug wires. I looked up and know the firing order for the engine all the wires are going to the correct cylinders. I have all the wires connected but when i try to start it,it turns over but it wont run. i pulled the sparks out and cylinders #4 and 6 had had a lot of gas on them but all of the other sparks were moist but not drenched like 4 and 6. so i was wondering if anyone would be able to help with this. thanks

SOUTHERN SPEED

was it running before you change this stuff? If so your wires are on wrong check them again. If it just stopped running and still getting gas your coil more then likely went out .

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Correct from the guy above me

If it was running before you messed with it than its not wired correctly or you didn't plug in the coil wire I seen this many times something simple.

Did you remove anything ?

Check to see if you are getting fire out of the coil wire if not check to see if you are getting power to the coil with the key to run

Check in and let us know so we can further more info to help you ,