Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Project GT-R33

Default Project GT-R33

Alright guys, I'm finally going to post up some pics on the progress of the R33. For those of you who remember the car when I first bought it, it was pretty banged up. Lots of dents, chipping paint, quite a few problems. Here's pics of it when I first bought it:

And here's pics of it now. Its in the progress of having the full GT-R conversion done. It's a GTS-T so it has a completely different body from the gtr. the GTR has wider fenders, longer front bumper, black housing headlights, wider rear 1/4's and side skirts. Also a taller and wider spoiler.

The pics of the wheels don't do it justice. The paint is Black Sparkle pearl and when I'm finished the lip will be repolished chrome. I haven't cleared the wheels yet so I don't have any pics of them with the lip untaped. But I will post some probably monday after they get cleared. The car will be painted pearl white with frost blue clearcoat and should be done by next weekend.
    Last edited by Keebs ð¿ð; 04-29-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Current Toy: A few classics, maybe a few imports too. Whatever

Lucky

nice man - poor mans skyline LOL

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

wait wait wait

okay let me get this straight

you go from ricing out a Celica
    to a Neon SRT-4
    and buy a Skyline on the side which you are converting into a GT-R
    while looking for something to replace the Neon?

.... -sigh- fucking elves

̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhammer
    wait wait wait

to a Neon SRT-4

Damn dude nice project..Still poor mans skyline... But its still a skyline.... Whats next after body plans?

What the fuck are you doing to your car? Just drive the damn thing.

I dont get how people are gonna say this is the poormans Skyline. Brian has worked his ass off for this skyline, a good condition R33GTs-t can go for $19,000-$21,000 . Alot of people on here couldnt afford that. I know it aint the GTR, but Brian is happy with it and thats all that matters

Outphase- Brians got some serious plans for this thing, its not his DD so he can work on this car all he wants, SRT-4 FTW

Brian hurry up and get her done bro!

-Taylor
    Lexus GS300

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhammer
    wait wait wait

to a Neon SRT-4

LOL, I liked my riced out celica

Quote Originally Posted by Outphase
    What the fuck are you doing to your car? Just drive the damn thing.
    Its a skyline, not exactly something I want to drive every day and put miles on.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteAccord
    Damn dude nice project..Still poor mans skyline... But its still a skyline.... Whats next after body plans?
    The car was pretty rough when I first bought it. Needed some interior pieces as well. I have bride seats ordered, new steering wheel and replacement oem carpet. Once the body gets done I will start building the motor. I'm keeping the rb25 in it. I'm only looking to get maybe 450 rwhp out of it when I'm done, I don't want anything extreme as far as power wise

ACCUALLY i agree with taylor its a skyline end of story i wish i could own one man keep it up fuck the haters your shit is nice and id trade my supra any day for a skyline end of story

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D
    ACCUALLY i agree with taylor its a skyline end of story i wish i could own one man keep it up fuck the haters your shit is nice and id trade my supra any day for a skyline end of story
    And at one point in time I was actually considering trading the r33 for a MKIV, maybe in a year or so down the road we'll have to talk

Apparently you didn't interpret what I said correctly, did I say daily drive the damn thing? No. I said DRIVE the damn thing...meaning..

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK, MOUNTAINS, LEARN TO DRIVE THE CAR, HAVE THE ABILITY TO TAKE THE CAR TO A NEW LEVEL. Use what you pay for, because what you are doing to the car, you can do to a 240, and make it look like something it's not.

As far as the car being 19-20k, that is not expensive, you talk like it's a million dollars. Is the car legalized? if so, for that price, then it's not that bad, and are you sure it's a REAL skyline?

Better yet, to even truly go for the true JDM look, buy a 94 Civic, used, and get a Skyline GT-R body kit conversion. Fraction of the cost, with all the same look.

Banned

last post = gay

this thread = teh shit

keep it up man

Apparently you didn't interpret what I said correctly, did I say daily drive the damn thing? No. I said DRIVE the damn thing...meaning..

TAKE IT TO THE TRACK, MOUNTAINS, LEARN TO DRIVE THE CAR, HAVE THE ABILITY TO TAKE THE CAR TO A NEW LEVEL. Use what you pay for, because what you are doing to the car, you can do to a 240, and make it look like something it's not.

As far as the car being 19-20k, that is not expensive, you talk like it's a million dollars. Is the car legalized? if so, for that price, then it's not that bad, and are you sure it's a REAL skyline?

Yes they are legalized

Your right sir, this is a US spec one. So i guess its a fake skyline. You knew they made skylines here ina america right? Ya keebler just bought one of those to make it look like a real one.........Get the fuck outta here you dumbass, go whore somewhere else, better yet, go buy a fuckin skyline

-Taylor

and yes we all know this is a real one, jsut trying to shut this guy up
    Lexus GS300

Better yet, to even truly go for the true JDM look, buy a 94 Civic, used, and get a Skyline GT-R body kit conversion. Fraction of the cost, with all the same look.
    Ya great idea, lets give up the rwd rb25 turbo for a fwd d16. Looks nothing like a skyline, regardless of what you do to it, it will still be a civic, take it to the nopi show or any other car show for that matter and see 250 of the exact same cars. Or buy the skyline because I love these cars, have a rhd, authentic skyline. Not some 240 with a conversion, can turn around resell it for almost 10g's more than I paid for it because it was damaged and live it up being the attention whore that I am. Dude you're a dumbass, leave now before you make yourself look anymore like an idiot. The car is a true skyline, it's registered as a skyline, VIN# ECR33055***. so stfu or gtfo... hater

ANy comments?

-Taylor
    Lexus GS300

Team Night Kids, I am RHD

god damn there are some haters here.... fuck all the bullshit, and rock that skyline till the wheels fall off keebler
    Shift_Drift

I smoked his car. Its slower then my Honda Prelude. Yes the elves car got smoked by Vtec. bAhahhaha I want to ride in that thing but I dont want to die....cuz I already seen what this muther fucker does with his skyline.

yo when your things done man ill come hang withya i love skylines period end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Asian
    I smoked his car. Its slower then my Honda Prelude. Yes the elves car got smoked by Vtec. bAhahhaha I want to ride in that thing but I dont want to die....cuz I already seen what this muther fucker does with his skyline.
    LIRL!! I'll let you think that you beat me And whens the next lnc meet? I'll take ya for a ride in it. It's faster now than it was when you saw it

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.D
    yo when your things done man ill come hang withya i love skylines period end of story
    Sounds good Should be painted by this upcoming weekend. The gtr front is completely done with the exception of the N1 lip kit, which is still being prepped. But the car is almost done so ya, I'm down for meeting up and hanging out

Quote Originally Posted by SL33P3R
    Yes they are legalized

Your right sir, this is a US spec one. So i guess its a fake skyline. You knew they made skylines here ina america right? Ya keebler just bought one of those to make it look like a real one.........Get the fuck outta here you dumbass, go whore somewhere else, better yet, go buy a fuckin skyline

-Taylor

and yes we all know this is a real one, jsut trying to shut this guy up
    Apparently you have trouble reading. Um...Skylines were never made in the USA or anything, Since when did USA have RHD vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by keebler
    Ya great idea, lets give up the rwd rb25 turbo for a fwd d16. Looks nothing like a skyline, regardless of what you do to it, it will still be a civic, take it to the nopi show or any other car show for that matter and see 250 of the exact same cars. Or buy the skyline because I love these cars, have a rhd, authentic skyline. Not some 240 with a conversion, can turn around resell it for almost 10g's more than I paid for it because it was damaged and live it up being the attention whore that I am. Dude you're a dumbass, leave now before you make yourself look anymore like an idiot. The car is a true skyline, it's registered as a skyline, VIN# ECR33055***. so stfu or gtfo... hater

B.E.T. makes you very powerful, Mr.

What's your name? So you are important now because you drive a "legalized" Skyline? Whenever you get done fixing up your "GT-R" Conversion, I challenge you to a mountain race, or even yet, auto-cross if you don't want to lose your car in the mountains. I highly doubt you can drive that car better than a random soccer mom on the highway with her 5000 lb minivan.

Pics of the progress for today. Put the headlights back in and the grill. Sanded alittle more on the front bumper and filled in a few of the cracks. I should have pics of the wheels tonight, the chrome lip is being polished and they have to be cleared. So heres 2 more pics:

"wider" are you a GT driver? Can you handle "WIDE" body setups? What roads do you drive on to need such setup?

I wouldn't have been "hating" if you were "restoring" the car, or getting something within the specs of the original car, but you're doing a "Skyline GT-R" Conversion on a Skyline GTS-T?

Let's take another analogy...

You have an Integra (random 94 body style)

You make it look, act, and even have the same engine as the Integra Type-R, but guess what, there's just some things from factory that you can't duplicate. Ahem, chassis, suspension setup, actual build quality, and a number of things.

So do you even know the difference between the Skyline GTS-T and Skyline GT-R? AND Which year Skyline GT-R are you talking about?

Apparently you have trouble reading. Um...Skylines were never made in the USA or anything, Since when did USA have RHD vehicles?
    uhhh it was sarcasm.
    bump for a working skyline. GODFATHER of ALL IMPORTS!!!!!!!!

B.E.T. makes you very powerful, Mr.

What's your name? So you are important now because you drive a "legalized" Skyline? Whenever you get done fixing up your "GT-R" Conversion, I challenge you to a mountain race, or even yet, auto-cross if you don't want to lose your car in the mountains. I highly doubt you can drive that car better than a random soccer mom on the highway with her 5000 lb minivan.
    Go back to jacking off while watching intial D... I'm not racing this car in the mountains or on autocross, I didn't buy it to race, if I wanted a fast car I could've bought a mkiv supra, or even a old mr2 and dumped the extra cash into making it fast. This car was bought to make it a show car, it will be trailered across the us to be displayed at shows. Its not a daily driver, its not a 'race or drift car' it will rarely be driven on the road. So you can't grasp the concept that I wanted to spend money on a car that won't be driven, oh well. I couldn't really give two shits what you think. And as far as I'm concerned you're just another jealous ricer.. And there really isn't much you can say that will change my perspective of you. So e-thug if you feel it nessicary because I can assure you, nothing you can say to me will change the fact that I have a car that I wanted, and I'm doing what I wanted to do to it. Everyone chooses to express themselves differently, I just prefered to do it with a car you don't see every day

"wider" are you a GT driver? Can you handle "WIDE" body setups? What roads do you drive on to need such setup?

I wouldn't have been "hating" if you were "restoring" the car, or getting something within the specs of the original car, but you're doing a "Skyline GT-R" Conversion on a Skyline GTS-T?

Let's take another analogy...

You have an Integra (random 94 body style)

You make it look, act, and even have the same engine as the Integra Type-R, but guess what, there's just some things from factory that you can't duplicate. Ahem, chassis, suspension setup, actual build quality, and a number of things.

So do you even know the difference between the Skyline GTS-T and Skyline GT-R? AND Which year Skyline GT-R are you talking about?
    well lets see, besides the gts is rwd and the gtr is awd, the gtst is an rb25 single turbo the gtr is rb26 TT. The gtr is wider and longer, the gtr has black housing headlights and the gtst has chrome, the gtr has a taller spoiler, the gtr has adjustable coilovers, the gtr has an extra gear, the gtr guages go to 320 kilos while the gts goes to 180. The advantage of a show gt is I can go staggered wheels as opposed to the gtr being awd has to have the same offset all the way around. For what I want to do with the car I just couldn't see spending an extra 15g's for a true gtr when I can take a gts and make it look the way I want it to look.

and it's the R33 gt-r, I personally like the R33's better than R34's

Oh and to clear it up, it's not getting the GTR badges, it's still badged as a GTSt. I'm not trying to hide the fact that its a gtst, anyone who knows anything about the cars could tell just by popping the hood. I just like the way the gtr's look

YELLOW POWER !!! The Golden Child's Avatar

gay ..
    NY STAY HIGH !!!

i knwo ALOT about skylines. i just got a guy on here a skyline thru one of my buddies. Dont tell me i have trouble reading. Im no idiot

-taylor
    Lexus GS300

Quote Originally Posted by SL33P3R
    i knwo ALOT about skylines. i just got a guy on here a skyline thru one of my buddies. Donttell me i have trouble reading. Im no idiot

-taylor
    You don't have trouble reading, but you have a problem writing. So... you can't spell or anything like that, right? But you're not an idiot. Right.

Ok, from what I collect from what you said, 'keebler'

- You are doing a 'conversion'
    - You want to put a handling beast on a trailer, never to be driven
    - You want a trailer show queen
    - You aren't going to drive the car that you spent "over $20,000" for

Sounds like a clear winner to me! That's the way cars were meant to be! Sitting in the back of trailers and not driven at all, just bringing to car shows ant letting people 'look' at the car. You are amazing, sir. Simply amazing.

You don't have trouble reading, but you have a problem writing. So... you can't spell or anything like that, right? But you're not an idiot. Right.

Im not an idiot. Your the idiot coming on here asking him if its Real. Im sorry but if someone asks "Is that a real skyline? or a fake one" Thats just a fuckin ricer if you ask me. What do you drive anyway? Dont hateon Keebler because you dont drive a skyline. Its a badass car, so fuck off

-Taylor
    Lexus GS300

Good Luck with it man.
    Leisa and Val May You Rest In Peace!
    362 WHP
    401 WTQ NO NITROUS

Have fun with your car. a friend of mine just bought a midnight purple r33 GTR.

and outphase likes men.

Ok, from what I collect from what you said, 'keebler'

- You are doing a 'conversion'
    - You want to put a handling beast on a trailer, never to be driven
    - You want a trailer show queen
    - You aren't going to drive the car that you spent "over $20,000" for

Sounds like a clear winner to me! That's the way cars were meant to be! Sitting in the back of trailers and not driven at all, just bringing to car shows ant letting people 'look' at the car. You are amazing, sir. Simply amazing.
    Ya that about sums it up, $20g's isnt really that much money... Plus look at some of the classic cars, those guys spend $40grand+ restoring them never to be driven. Not everyone wants a car to be raced. I know plenty of people with show cars that aren't driven. If you can't grasp that concept then oh well, I'm tired of argueing my point with you. I spend MY money on stuff that I want, which includes a car that I don't want to drive, that will sit in a garage probably 350 days of the year and be trailered to a show and sit at te show 15 days a year. And will be cranked maybe once or twice a week. Don't like it, oh well. Go out buy a skyline of your own, drive it to work, to the mall, to the mountains whatever, let grandma too-blind open the door to her crown vic and put a nice ding in the side of your car, or whatever. Doesn't matter to me, that fact still remains that I bought a car that I will never drive, that I spent 20g's+ on, and another 10g's+ on work thats being done, and building the engine for about 450whp even though I will never drive/race the car... I know that concept just blows your mind but it doesn't matter to me, because its what I want to do. So like I said be stfu and get over it, or gtfo.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast