Formula DRIFT Road Atlanta May 11

I missed every Formula Drift event at Road Atlanta for the past 2 years because of work, but I finally got my chance this year. I was a bit worried the days before the event because there was a forecast for some rain that day,but it ended up being a beautiful morning when i arrived, and It was great being able to see the GTA until later in the afternoon when the competition began. There was some light on and off sprinkling,but nothing more than a drizzle, but it was continuous and things got a bit dirty. Regardless the cars kept it going sideways and everyone continued into the competition. I had a great time being able to watch these guys battle it out from the front seats, and was able to meet many of them during the intermission period. I finally got to meet Dai Yoshihara and Ken Gushi, two guys that I have bonly been able to watch youtube videos of for years. Its a surreal experience meeting your heroes in real life, shaking their hand and knowing they are real people. I miss Formula Drift already and will definitely be back next year. A final Congratulations to Daigo saito for his victory.I hope you guys enjoy the photos! @ Formula DRIFT Road Atlanta May 11 | United Octane
The section of Road Atlanta built for formula drift

Unfortunately Chris`s NOS 370Z was having alot of issues that day

Dai probably had the most fans out that day

A shot of Dai during the practice run tearing up the horse shoe

There were thousands of fans

This is one of my favorite shots

The driver of this miata is a new contender to my knowledge

This is me During the break period stealing Matt powers car

Me and Chris foresberg

One of my Heros Dai Yoshihara

A great “chase” shot I got of that monster miata

Daigo Saito.. congratulations

This was the most EPIC match up of the entire competition

Right before the start of the top 16

This car looked evil…enjoy the other photos guys! @ Formula DRIFT Road Atlanta May 11 | United Octane