Thread: Six hours of detailing later..

Default Six hours of detailing later..

I wanted my car to be clean for my graduation ceremony this weekend, so six and a half hours of washing/waxing/detailing later; this is the final product.

Enjoy.

Certified Gearhead

Looks nice. 6 hours is about what I spend when I REALLY hit my car for the first time of the season or it having been a while. Washing, clay barring, washing again, blow drying with a leaf blower, scratch/swirl remover or cutting compound where it's needed, then polishing, then waxing...and I have an itty bitty 300ZX, I'd hate to see how long it'd take me on a bigger car.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Looks nice. 6 hours is about what I spend when I REALLY hit my car for the first time of the season or it having been a while. Washing, clay barring, washing again, blow drying with a leaf blower, scratch/swirl remover or cutting compound where it's needed, then polishing, then waxing...and I have an itty bitty 300ZX, I'd hate to see how long it'd take me on a bigger car.
    Well I detail for a little bit of money on the side, and I've noticed that larger vehicles seem to take less time. Their panels have more open area, but our cars have lots of little spots that we need to pay special attention to. The interiors are also more cramped, so it's harder to get around in there to clean them.

On a side note, your 300 is gorgeous

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Well I detail for a little bit of money on the side, and I've noticed that larger vehicles seem to take less time. Their panels have more open area, but our cars have lots of little spots that we need to pay special attention to. The interiors are also more cramped, so it's harder to get around in there to clean them.

On a side note, your 300 is gorgeous
    I have mad respect for people that detail for a living... I just can't do it. I'd given up after about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I have mad respect for people that detail for a living... I just can't do it. I'd given up after about 30 minutes.
    It's not like a full time job or anything, I just do it when the opportunity presents itself. I've detailed a GTR and a Gallardo before, because the owners are friends of mine who see how I take care of my car. It's a very meticulous task, but I'm the type of person that looks forward to a final product to be proud of. I actually enjoy detailing cars, it keeps me occupied.

Nice color on the E46. Car looks good.

all my 2500 sees is auto wash baby.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

Certified Gearhead

Thanks Andrew, it's about to be more gorgeous when I slam it on 19s. I thought about learning detailing from a pro when I had more friends that lived up on the mountains in Chattanooga with the Porsches, BMWs, Audis, etc so that I could go take care of their cars

Quote Originally Posted by MeFryRice View Post
    Nice color on the E46. Car looks good.
    Thanks! Mystic Blue is my favorite color BMW offered on the E46 M3 except for Laguna Seca Blue, but it's not as showy as LSB so I like it more as a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by SPOOLIN View Post
    all my 2500 sees is auto wash baby.
    Haha, nothing beats a nice detailing that someone took time to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT View Post
    Thanks Andrew, it's about to be more gorgeous when I slam it on 19s. I thought about learning detailing from a pro when I had more friends that lived up on the mountains in Chattanooga with the Porsches, BMWs, Audis, etc so that I could go take care of their cars
    Be sure to post pics when you do, that'll look sweet! I'm looking at some BBS LM / TE37 sets to put on my car. Then I plan to moderately lower it. Not slammed, but about 1 1/2 inches in the front and 2 in the back to give it a more stanced look.

You should have, most people who can afford those cars wouldn't be bothered to hand wash them themselves, so they could've given you a pretty penny to do it for them

I get impatient going through the Automatic car wash id never detail

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    I get impatient going through the Automatic car wash id never detail
    You could always pay someone a nice chunk of change to do it for you.

You could always pay someone a nice chunk of change to do it for you.
    Sure thing detail my car and you can keep all the change you find...Deal ?

How does it ride?

AFA HOLLYWOOD PREMIER LEAGUE EST. 1998

Quote Originally Posted by -EnVus- View Post
    Sure thing detail my car and you can keep all the change you find...Deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by C230K View Post
    How does it ride?
    The M3? Surprisingly well. Don't get me wrong, it's no Rolls Royce.. But for the power, maneuverability, and pretty much all driver-oriented characteristics, it's a very comfortable ride. I can guarantee that you wouldn't even suspect that it would have the power it does on just an average commute. Well, you wouldn't suspect it if you didn't notice the vast amount of M badges throughout the car. From the front end to the boot, there are between 30-40 M badges. I can see 8 M badges from the driver's seat. One on each front headrest, one on the steering wheel, gear lever, gauges, one on the place to rest your foot next to the clutch pedal, and two on the floor mats.

i gota take a weekend to do mine...probably going to happen next saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?

Looks great!
    My buddy has a stock e46 M3 and it still makes me grin riding in it. Such a nice drivers cars.
    I agree on the LS Blue as well. Theres one on CL for not too bad of a price right now too.

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    i gota take a weekend to do mine...probably going to happen next saturday
    The 4th gen accord in your sig? That'll come out very nicely, the car's sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    Looks great!
    My buddy has a stock e46 M3 and it still makes me grin riding in it. Such a nice drivers cars.
    I agree on the LS Blue as well. Theres one on CL for not too bad of a price right now too.
    Many thanks!
    I've seen it, it looks really nice. It made me contemplate powder coating the OEM 19" wheels I have on the car right now, it seems to go really well with blue. There's another LSB M3 for sale in GA on the M3 Forums, on some black TE37's. I was drooling all over my computer when I first saw it.

Looks great. Like anyone who details and takes pics, you know how hard it is to get all that work to really show in pics....but I know the effort involved.
    I find it relaxing when I take a few hours to wash, wax, vacuum and do any other cleaning I deem necessary. Hell, there are times when I polish the muffler, wipe down the control arms and other oddball shit..lol
    02' Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Looks great. Like anyone who details and takes pics, you know how hard it is to get all that work to really show in pics....but I know the effort involved.
    I find it relaxing when I take a few hours to wash, wax, vacuum and do any other cleaning I deem necessary. Hell, there are times when I polish the muffler, wipe down the control arms and other oddball shit..lol
    Most people either love it or hate it, not much of a window in between. It's very relaxing to detail cars, and accomplishing when you're finished.

Most people either love it or hate it, not much of a window in between. It's very relaxing to detail cars, and accomplishing when you're finished.
    looks good

Congrats on graduation, man

IA Member

Gotta love cleaning your car and it looking brand new, just did mine yesterday, and today someone rear ended me.... I wasn't even mad about the wreck because it was their fault (And it was minor dmg, 10 mph tops wreck), but I just washed the damn car yesterday....

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
    looks good

Congrats on graduation, man
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gashbell4595 View Post
    Gotta love cleaning your car and it looking brand new, just did mine yesterday, and today someone rear ended me.... I wasn't even mad about the wreck because it was their fault (And it was minor dmg, 10 mph tops wreck), but I just washed the damn car yesterday....
    Ouch, that's just overkill. I'd be livid if someone rear ended me. At least the damage/wreck was minor.

IA Member

Yeah I was mad, just not infuriated, damage is probably just new bumper, and new muffler tip and some clips, School parking lots are retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gashbell4595 View Post
    Yeah I was mad, just not infuriated, damage is probably just new bumper, and new muffler tip and some clips, School parking lots are retarded.
    I just graduated from high school (the ceremony is actually tomorrow morning) so trust me, I know how ridiculous the lots can be. Hopefully college lots will have better drivers in them.

IA Member

I just graduated from high school (the ceremony is actually tomorrow morning) so trust me, I know how ridiculous the lots can be. Hopefully college lots will have better drivers in them.
    Nice, yeah, hopefully better, but, mature ricers? Highly doubt it.