Thread: Forged Performance: Z Nationals 2012 Car Show & Dyno Day

Default Forged Performance: Z Nationals 2012 Car Show & Dyno Day

Saturday morning a few friends and I made the short 50 mile journey to Z1 Motorsports in Carrollton, Georgia for the car show and dyno day portion of this years Z Nationals. I was piloting the Forged Performance sponsored One Lap of America GT-R, with right at 700whp on tap, Aeromotions Active Wing and an in-your-face custom livery scheme this car always draws a crowd. With an impressive 1:29 around Road Atlanta on 300 treadwear tires under its belt it, this car has the function to backup its looks. My friend and coworker, Adam was also along for the ride in another Forged Performance built GT-R sporting our FP1-R sleeved 4.0L, FP1-R head package, in-house built transmission and JUN GTX3582R Turbo Kit. This beautiful black GT-R is accented with gloss black HRE P44SC and looks so very sinister at every angle! We rolled into Z1 by 9:30am and was shocked to see the massive parking lot already at 95% capacity! We crept through the crowd at a painfully slow pace trying our best to avoid the thick groups of people. We eventually made it to the back corner of the lot where we were able to park with the group of other GT-R's in attendance. After cautiously backing the cars into their adjacent parking spaces I climbed out of the OLOA GT-R and connected my lens to my camera body.

After a few short hellos to friends, I started to make my way around Z1's facility doing my best to capture the event in all its magnificence.

The very first time I walked over to the dyno, I saw this mint Z32TT being strapped down and thought back to the one my Dad had when I was a kid and smiled. I remembered how much I liked that car when I was younger and then mid-thought, the sound of an extreme amount of boost pulled me back to reality as I saw this beast put down over 750rwhp!

As always, Z Nationals has the HOTTEST ladies in attendance including Brittney, who won MAXIM Magazine's Home Town Hotties last year!

Znats veteran Meghan and friend Alissa were also there to spend some time with me and my Nikon, thank you girls, as always it was a pleasure!

I know it is pretty easy to be distracted by the Z1 Girls and totally forget there is a car show and dyno day going on but I did manage to break away temporarily and get some photos of cars! I know, crazy right?!? It is my job to provide event coverage to all of those that were not able to attend so I had to do what was necessary.

Hope you all enjoyed the photo coverage of Saturday's Event, please keep your eyes on the FORGED PERFORMANCE FACEBOOK PAGE for the video feature of the track event at at Barber Motorsports Park!

IA Member

Sweet pics as always man!

Mark