Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: √ IA car photography enthusiasts come inside.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Yup
    I'm still learning my way around GIMP. Next thing for me is layering.

Here is how that picture looked before any editing (resized for uploading though)...
    Niceee! Didn't even realize that much was done with it

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Yup
    I'm still learning my way around GIMP. Next thing for me is layering.

Here is how that picture looked before any editing (resized for uploading though)...
    nice edit man

Thank you Sir
    02' Miata

a few of mine, i dont really have a lot of static shots, but here's what i feel like is my best (you might notice a pattern, so far ive only been able to attend a few events, which happened to be drifting events)

^^props to turbotegg^

MotorMavens Car Culture/Photography Blog & Forums
    Click that link!-flickr

Proud to be Retrosexual Jaimecbr900's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JITB View Post
    i figured u would have a cool head and discuss. but you went off and turned into an argument. you suggested looking to other pros on a photo site. which is cool,and does help. but its only gonna get u so far like i said to chad. i didnt say anything about ia is the place for motivation, shitty pic is a shitty pic. and u can tell when a person is putting an effort into being creative. i was saying that you cant base peoples motivation on their skill. just because i say you can get motivation from anything u tell me i dont have a know of a good photo. i cant tell you what you like so how can u tell anyone else? just like any talent or trade it takes time and motivation can come from your peers on ia or some guy on aphoto forum. but that wont make or break your talent.
    I don't know why you find it necessary to continue to argue with my opinion, which based on the very next posts right after me confirmed I'm not the only one that feels that way anyway.

Look, all I'm saying is this: If you're an Attorney, do you get to be a "better" Attorney by only trying easy cases or diving into the hard ones? Ever see the ovie "A Few Good Men"? Yes, you may be the best at ambulance chasing, but you'll never be a "serious" top of the line one until you litigate. Know what I mean?

On IA, far too often people like to take pics of their cars right after they wash it or when they find an empty warehouse parking lot. Nothing wrong with that IF the rest of the picture fit properly. As Jason already pointed out, composition, lighting, and clarity go a long way to making a picture appealing. A driveway with trash cans in the open garage background is not proper composition in any book. So let's stop going around saying that it is, let alone using it as any "inspiration" to anyone.

My point is that IA has a nasty habit of people calling some pics "nice" when they truly aren't. Therefore if the OP wants "inspiration", IA is slim pickings. Now, if he wants some to truly push his skill level UP, then he has to go where the photogs are BETTER than he is in order to do that. There are very few true great photogs on IA, and out of those most don't even post their work on a regular basis. There again, another reason why I stand by MY OPINION that for the purposes of inspiration and getting better at photography this is not the optimal site. To read drama and keep up with friends, yes....photography, no. Yes, there are guys on here that truly know their stuff. If you can get lucky and get them to give you some help, then you're good.

This is just my opinion, so no need to try and start any arguments about it. It is what it is. You don't have to agree. That's fine with me. No skin off my back at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimecbr900 View Post
    I don't know why you find it necessary to continue to argue with my opinion, which based on the very next posts right after me confirmed I'm not the only one that feels that way anyway.

Look, all I'm saying is this: If you're an Attorney, do you get to be a "better" Attorney by only trying easy cases or diving into the hard ones? Ever see the ovie "A Few Good Men"? Yes, you may be the best at ambulance chasing, but you'll never be a "serious" top of the line one until you litigate. Know what I mean?

On IA, far too often people like to take pics of their cars right after they wash it or when they find an empty warehouse parking lot. Nothing wrong with that IF the rest of the picture fit properly. As Jason already pointed out, composition, lighting, and clarity go a long way to making a picture appealing. A driveway with trash cans in the open garage background is not proper composition in any book. So let's stop going around saying that it is, let alone using it as any "inspiration" to anyone.

My point is that IA has a nasty habit of people calling some pics "nice" when they truly aren't. Therefore if the OP wants "inspiration", IA is slim pickings. Now, if he wants some to truly push his skill level UP, then he has to go where the photogs are BETTER than he is in order to do that. There are very few true great photogs on IA, and out of those most don't even post their work on a regular basis. There again, another reason why I stand by MY OPINION that for the purposes of inspiration and getting better at photography this is not the optimal site. To read drama and keep up with friends, yes....photography, no. Yes, there are guys on here that truly know their stuff. If you can get lucky and get them to give you some help, then you're good.

This is just my opinion, so no need to try and start any arguments about it. It is what it is. You don't have to agree. That's fine with me. No skin off my back at all.
    "AINT" NOBODY ARGUING WITH YOUR OPINION MAN

i just said, you can get INSPIRATION and MOTIVATION which is what this thread is about from anywhere it doesnt have to be on a photo forum. And you said that if you get motivation from anywhere but a photgraphy site than you have no eye for good photography...which is out there. Im sure justin is full aware of photography forums.

When did i say anything about IA being the judge and jury on good pics. I rarely learn anything on ia... like i said you can learn the mechanics on a forum and learn what to do to process a good photo, and to capture it, but you can gain motivation comes from everywhere.

sigh.

Senior Member | IA Veteran boostedb16's Avatar

what is a static shot?????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by boostedb16 View Post
    static=still

aka not rolling/rig/pan shot.

Quote Originally Posted by boostedb16 View Post

Or this if you google it.

thats just weird^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by CH@Dbee View Post
    thats just weird^ lol
    I figured this thread needed a comedic interlude.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdsrock22 View Post
    I figured this thread needed a comedic interlude.
    it is kinda tense in here lol

itakepictures

shut your whore mouth chad.
    dont take anything i say srsly. its the interwebs.

Certified Gearhead

bored so here are a few more

and i will say i cant wait for formula d again

My favorite Photographer hands down is Notstockphotography.com He is amazing at what he does IMO

here is some of his work i will upload more later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -7817_151951988611_151898738611_2706587_7232626_n-jpg   -11456_185015858611_151898738611_2979883_6106015_n-jpg   -11456_184098808611_151898738611_2973737_3625938_n-jpg   -11456_195337158611_151898738611_3057833_709535_n-jpg   -316739146_idcun-l-4-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by changaroo View Post
    fuck your face and your photobucket account.
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthrnStyle View Post
    My favorite Photographer hands down is Notstockphotography.com He is amazing at what he does IMO

here is some of his work i will upload more later
    i like his van that he drives around in, pimpest photography mobile eva!

i like his van that he drives around in, pimpest photography mobile eva!

I know man its so sick! Hes cool as hell to he hung out with us at the Moonshine booth and at the shop for a while. He has alot of talent, he shoots alot of cover pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by changaroo View Post

ding ding.

BWAHHAHHAHAOMGLOLOLROFLLAWLHAHAHAHAHH @ THAT^ AND THE THREAD TAG.

<3 you guys, in a non homo way. fags.

word to yo' momma

last shot was the only one worth posting, sir. ^

word to yo' momma

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    last shot was the only one worth posting, sir. ^
    meh, i tried. :/ lol its all good though!

why didnt you clone the rig out?

NSP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -316740804_vmhpl-l-4-jpg   -487977875_jqkzm-l-jpg   -604814799_smsqn-m-jpg  

word to yo' momma

i only took two of these pictures my self.. its the black EM1 and the Accord.

on the orange EK thats going in a magazine, and he sent it to me before he edited it out.

"AINT" NOBODY ARGUING WITH YOUR OPINION MAN

i just said, you can get INSPIRATION and MOTIVATION which is what this thread is about from anywhere it doesnt have to be on a photo forum. And you said that if you get motivation from anywhere but a photgraphy site than you have no eye for good photography...which is out there. Im sure justin is full aware of photography forums.

When did i say anything about IA being the judge and jury on good pics. I rarely learn anything on ia... like i said you can learn the mechanics on a forum and learn what to do to process a good photo, and to capture it, but you can gain motivation comes from everywhere.
    Dude, take a Midol and change your tampon.

Good grief. Whatever dude, you win. IA pics = great inspiration.....

Yall have fun in your thread.

It seems you're both fighting to have the last word in this e-debate. Who will come out victorious?

ill come out victorious bitches fuck u all and ur sissy lil pictures!

TEAM JACOB IS IN THE HOUSE!!!

but seriously guys wtf???!!! some great quality pictures have been posted in these past 10 pages...some are bleh some give u a boner...IA this IA that...no awsome pix in IA..blah blah whoever is thinking that STFU...awsome photogs in IA...iv been around trust me...so sit back..chill....and keep refreshing...geez..

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthrnStyle View Post
    NSP
    Got any better examples? Other than the subjects, I see nothing appealing about any of the photos other than the b&w rolling shot of the pickup in the previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ_Allmota View Post
    lol, I do apologize for my tardiness but im here now.. I was feeling the idea of this thread quite a great deal but it does not seem to be going in the right direction.. There are quite a great deal of excellent photographers on here and they know who they are even though they are quite modest at times.. Chang, Mr. Clean, Kamikaze (underrated), Uproot, .blank_cd, and Ch@dbee just to name a few..

On that note here is some of my work:

My favorite fuggin picture i have EVAR seen on ia! Reps to you my friend.

Photography & Design

^lol

(No disrespect Khris)

NIKON Squad | D90

you should seriously work on reading comprehension and or get an alzheimers evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by KustomBuildz View Post
    ^lol

(No disrespect Khris)
    My sentiments exactly

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

you should seriously work on reading comprehension and or get an alzheimers evaluation.
    "You" should be capitalized, there should be "/" between and or, and "Alzheimer" should both be capitalized as well as an apostrophe. I guess your High School edumacation was uber cool pimptastic....

Reading comprehension is not an issue with me, Richard. Your continuation to TRY and prove your penis size to me is. Now, just let it go. I told you that you "won" your little e-piss contest. Isn't that what you wanted? Cool, then you got it.

You're not going to change my mind nor my opinion, so give it up already. Go back to post whoring and repping your little girlfriends back and forth.

"You" should be capitalized, there should be "/" between and or, and "Alzheimer" should both be capitalized as well as an apostrophe. I guess your High School edumacation was uber cool pimptastic....

Reading comprehension is not an issue with me, Richard. Your continuation to TRY and prove your penis size to me is. Now, just let it go. I told you that you "won" your little e-piss contest. Isn't that what you wanted? Cool, then you got it.

You're not going to change my mind nor my opinion, so give it up already. Go back to post whoring and repping your little girlfriends back and forth.
    everytime someone replies to you, you like to turn it into a battle or argument, i just made a comment onto what you said. And you turn it into a battle/argument. i dont argue or battle on ia.... you instantly turned into a argument for no reason, instead of reading what i typed. its like you didnt even read it, just replied with some a random penis and pissing comments..... i know your smart so i wont call you retarded, so my second thought was alzheimers..and you confirmed once again...

everytime someone replies to you, you like to turn it into a battle or argument, i just made a comment onto what you said. And you turn it into a battle/argument. i dont argue or battle on ia.... you instantly turned into a argument for no reason, instead of reading what i typed. its like you didnt even read it, just replied with some a random penis and pissing comments..... i know your smart so i wont call you retarded, so my second thought was alzheimers..and you confirmed once again...
    I typed this nice little response, but I've changed my mind and am simply going to say this:

STFU already, seriously. I never said shit to you in the first place, yet you found it necessary to try and somehow try and correct MY opinion. You're not going to, so give it up already. MY opinion is MY opinion. Leave it at that and leave me the fuck alone already.

Don't say one more thing back to me in this thread, or I'm closing this thread for good. Let people opinionate and move on. I'm certain the OP didn't want some e-battle over this, yet you want to continue it for some reason. I already told you that if it makes you feel better that I'd let you "win" and think whatever the fuck you want to think about IA pics. Make you happy? You complete now? Let it the fuck go already.
    Last edited by Jaimecbr900; 01-24-2010 at 10:59 AM.

I typed this nice little response, but I've changed my mind and am simply going to say this:

STFU already, seriously. I never said shit to you in the first place, yet you found it necessary to try and somehow try and correct MY opinion. You're not going to, so give it up already. MY opinion is MY opinion. Leave it at that and leave me the fuck alone already.

Don't say one more thing back to me in this thread, or I'm closing this thread for good. Let people opinionate and move on. I'm certain the OP didn't want some e-battle over this, yet you want to continue it for some reason. I already told you that if it makes you feel better that I'd let you "win" and think whatever the fuck you want to think about IA pics. Make you happy? You complete now? Let it the fuck go already.

i wont stop, just because you say so.. just because you have such a bitch ass attittude. Im not trying to change your opinion, but the disrespectful way you go about speaking to me annoys the shit out of me, like you got an angry chip on your shoulder, and you are responding to things that i didnt even say in my replies, like you are arguing with yourself. You do the same thing to everyone in any topic.. so do what you got to do...the thread is dead anyway, its just me and you!

Photography & Design

you guys killed this thread....

*unsubscribed*

NIKON Squad | D90

Everyone thank JITB for killing this thread.

It's closed.

Peace out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345