Thread: Formula Drift Atlanta 09 Internationall AllStars Documentary 56k No Wayz!!!

Default Formula Drift Atlanta 09 Internationall AllStars Documentary 56k No Wayz!!!

International AllStars @ Formula Drift - Atlanta
    May 8-9, 2009

Words by: Jordan Riegelhaupt & Tony Nguyen

Pictures by: Tony Nguyen & David Nguyen

On May 9th and 10th 2009 Formula Drift made its annual stop at Road Atlanta in Braselton, Georgia. With the nation’s top drifters sliding around the track, a car show sponsored by JTuned Auto Gallery and sponsors’ booths such as Mazda, Exeddy, Falken, BF Goodrich, Cooper Tires, Flynn’s Detail Products and more it was surely an event that no one should have missed. International AllStars was there representing strong and covering the event from all angles.

What exactly is Formula Drift?

“Entering its sixth year, Formula Drift is recognized as the North American professional drifting championship series. As the first official series in North America, Formula DRIFT has taken competitive motor sports to the extreme attracting fans and car enthusiasts from all walks of life. This high-skilled, high-powered motor sport where drivers intentionally maneuver their cars into well executed, controlled sideways slides at high speeds through a marked course, has more than 60 professional drivers competing in all seven competitions this year.

Judged on execution and style, rather than who finishes the course in the fastest time, Drifting is a guaranteed crowd pleaser, and is often compared to the freestyle nature of skateboarding and motocross.

Formula DRIFT and the drivers serve as ambassadors for the sport of drifting bringing exhibitions to traditional/mainstream motor sports events across the country which have included: multiple Champ Car, World Series races, American Le Mans, USAC, NASCAR Busch North & Featherlite Southwest and the SPEED World Challenge, among others.”

This year International AllStars took part in all areas of the event. Alex Farrington’s NSX was representing strong as one of the 2 Exeddy booth cars. John Marsh, Pete Lutz, and Alex again all had vehicles in the Mazda booth which was manned by Team AllStars members through the whole weekend. Our presence was clearly visible down vendor row. However, we did not stop there, Tony Nguyen and Bing Low were both participants in the JTuned Car Show with a Black and Carbon Fibered Lexus GS300 and a Supercharged VIP Lexus GS400 respectively. Bing even took home top honors being named “Best VIP”.

International AllStars even got to spend some time in the United Way tent (Thanks Monty), who graciously gave us amazing seats and a great view of the drift exhibition right at the horse shoe where all the action was. We also had team members Mike Taylor and Nico Figueroa and their families who came out to support the team in every way possible.

With the majority of the team’s Southeastern members present, it made for a great weekend. If you happened to miss the event, or if you were there and would like to relive the fun, we’ve got the coverage needed to make you feel like you were there alongside with us!

Enjoy the pics below!

Setting up our Mazda booth in Vendor Lane

Went to visit our friend Steve Flynn at his Detailing Supply Booth

Pete our personal Mazda Body Guard!

Bubba, our Trailer Guard Dog

Alex cleaning away and getting his car all set up in the Exeddy Booth.

I dropped my car off at the Car Show Lot which was right above the pits overlooking vendor lane

Nico’s Support Vehicle for the weekend!

Everyone else was busy setting up too!

Attack of the camera!

I went home to pick up my cousins. Thanks to Kenny for driving me back to the house. This is a pic I took while he was loading up the Integra and standing in front of his G35.

Came back around 3:30PM with my cousins and caught up with the team. Then we went to go see some drifting!

Got amazing seats with the United Way group! Thanks again Monty for hooking us up in your VIP booth!

Time for some drifiting! Thanks to Kevin Bandy for letting me borrow his 70-300 lens. I forgot mine at the house! This made it a lot easier to take closer and more detailed shots!

Packed it up around 7 and headed to the Golden Corral for dinner with the team!

Hit up the track early the next day. Thanks to Bing for picking me and my cousins up from the house and giving us a lift to the track.

Got to see more drifting!

Even Bubba was getting his sleep on midday.

I think my cousin is aspiring to be a drifter here!

We took a break from the track and headed over to the car show. Here is a little coverage from that!

RonV’s Z is back out? What?

I think this is a Pro Am class award ceremony

Some golf cart fun!

Bing was crowned Best VIP!

Some of the drivers!

Started to wrap up the day with some more pictures

Loaded up the trailer

Hit up our Atlanta Pho spot! Saigon Café FTW!

Wish I had been able to take some night time shots at the track. We had to leave due to other reasons but all in all it was a great weekend! Had a great time! Can’t wait to do it again!

wow man that is amazing. You take a lot of time when forming these threads and it shows. I look forward to each one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis
    wow man that is amazing. You take a lot of time when forming these threads and it shows. I look forward to each one!
    Thanks George, I got a picture of you from across the track but it was blurry, FAIL on my part. Means a lot coming from! I wanna like you one day!

Good work

I dont think I was paying attention in any of the pictures I was in. I wish I could have made it out for longer...next time...

Quote Originally Posted by rollininstyle2004
    Good work

I dont think I was paying attention in any of the pictures I was in. I wish I could have made it out for longer...next time...
    Thanks bro and thanks for your help with the intro! Gald you made it out at all man!

Remember whos your daddy! ARFNSX's Avatar

Makes me feel like I am there all again

Great job tony and jordan!!!

Thank you! Awesome coverage! Great pic!!!!

My Flickr Page

Awesome thread! Nice work.

Nice to see the ol' Scinergy club out there... looks like Boxrod is in good shape.
    Mens et Manus
    Course 2

Photography & Design

Quote Originally Posted by carbongs
    This shot is so awesome!!! Hope that 70-300 worked well for you, it looks like it did.

NIKON Squad | D90

Certified Gearhead

Great write up Tony!!! Felt like I was there all over again. Loving the drifting action shots bro!!

My Custom User Title

Nice shots man and cool cars

thanks everyone! yeah that lens is balla! needs to upgrades asap!

Wirkz

lol SAIGON CAFE FTW!!!
    UN!QU3 CR3@T!0N$ JP - In memory of John

Sorry I didn't come out and play with you guys... Looks like you did work... And why is it every time you go out and eat with Pete, you get a weird eating face from him...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PURP View Post
    A g00n... is a real life thing. It walks, talks, and shits. A goblin is a fictional character that isn't real life. It's FAKE..... like rotas, y0. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GOT_PURP
    Sorry I didn't come out and play with you guys... Looks like you did work... And why is it every time you go out and eat with Pete, you get a weird eating face from him...lol
    lol that's how we roll! ninja camera action!

Quote Originally Posted by veritekracer
    Great write up Tony!!! Felt like I was there all over again. Loving the drifting action shots bro!!

x2

damn!!!! Mad fun for you guys man. Pics are freaken killer. N Team Allstars' cars are always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by pr8yr
    damn!!!! Mad fun for you guys man. Pics are freaken killer. N Team Allstars' cars are always nice.
    Why thank you!

--love this shot:

I think it's funny how you always take pics of everyone eating. They all have that, "you wanna get smacked?" look. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by puregroove
    --love this shot:

I think it's funny how you always take pics of everyone eating. They all have that, "you wanna get smacked?" look. lol...
    thanks man! yea people get mad at me for it but hey it is all in the name of good coverage! they all laugh when they see the pictures anyways.

Great shot as always, with the storylines to match. Your the man!
    zoom-zoom-zoom

Ninja Status

i got attacked by the camera, you kept following me...STALKER

lol too funny! you should have walked another way. the camera kept wanting to capture you haha