Thread: The definition of Porsche

Hybrid View

IA Member

Lets get real here people... you mean to tell me if you had 213k to spend on a car... that this would be your decision????

LOL you can get a used galardo with under 5k miles for about 175k...

LOL for about 100k you can get a 2008 M6 with the carbon roof top..... **** for a little more you can have a cont GT..... lol lets be real porches are nice but look at them... OVERPRICED and you know it....

LOL and ive driven a raced out rs like that it had 4 point harness.. racer seats and f'in crazy sport clutch and what seemed to be no power steering... was very nice... but lol i had a 04 m3 white with carbon roof trunk and hood lowered on maya r5 staggered alloy wheels and some bbk get way more looks and plus than a quote, unquote ventage porche....... i mean cmon cars look to good now to compare some of these old as$ designs...

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodge®'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plugsnet
    .. i mean cmon cars look to good now to compare some of these old as$ designs...
    You "lol"-ed a lot in your response. I shall "lolol" greatly at this comment.

And I got real with this. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Lets get real here people... you mean to tell me if you had 213k to spend on a car... that this would be your decision????

LOL for about 100k you can get a 2008 M6 with the carbon roof top..... **** for a little more you can have a cont GT..... lol lets be real porches are nice but look at them... OVERPRICED and you know it....

LOL and ive driven a raced out rs like that it had 4 point harness.. racer seats and f'in crazy sport clutch and what seemed to be no power steering... was very nice... but lol i had a 04 m3 white with carbon roof trunk and hood lowered on maya r5 staggered alloy wheels and some bbk get way more looks and plus than a quote, unquote ventage porche....... i mean cmon cars look to good now to compare some of these old as$ designs...
    Other than the aftermarket products you listed, how is that '04 M3 any differant than the other 7,800+ sold in 2004? Or how about the 40,000 sold from 2001 to 2006? A total of only 1,580 Carrera RS's were made with some versions being more rare than the others.

*edit*
    oh yeah, i forgot to mention those M3 sales figures are for the US only...40k in the US vs. 1,580 Carrera RS's worldwide. I'm going to assume that the RS posted above was one of only 49 2.8 liters made.
    Last edited by speedminded; 11-01-2007 at 12:58 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    Other than the aftermarket products you listed, how is that '04 M3 any differant than the other 7,800+ sold in 2004? Or how about the 40,000 sold from 2001 to 2006? A total of only 1,580 Carrera RS's were made with some versions being more rare than the others.

if i made a ****ty car and everyone knew it, i'd limit how many i made, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kayfuNk
    if i made a ****ty car and everyone knew it, i'd limit how many i made, too.
    lol oh yeah, the Rennsport version of the 911 is a ****ty car...that's why it's such a collectable. Just like the Track and Nismo versions of the 350z are POS so that's why you didn't buy either right?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    lol oh yeah, the Rennsport version of the 911 is a ****ty car...that's why it's such a collectable. Just like the Track and Nismo versions of the 350z are POS so that's why you didn't buy either right?
    i did get a nismo edition..

i was obviously joking, that car is probably pretty beastly, but as stated before, god it's ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by kayfuNk
    i did get a nismo edition..

i was obviously joking, that car is probably pretty beastly, but as stated before, god it's ugly.
    The NISMO cost more than the Track yet doesn't have the Brembo's or am I missing something? Does your car have the Brembo brakes? I can't tell from the pics i've seen...

thats' why i stopped posting on this site.

Too many people who dont know what great cars really are.

I mean really, the day a porsche rs get no respect. What morons!

Cant wait to see what some of your cars are worth in 2042!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ25RUN
    thats' why i stopped posting on this site.

Too many people who dont know what great cars really are.

I mean really, the day a porsche rs get no respect. What morons!

Cant wait to see what some of your cars are worth in 2042!
    I can tell you my N/A 300zx was $37,000 in 1990...I paid $7k for it in 1999 in great condition. I always asked people what year they thought it was and most said 1996 to 1998 and the other didn't even know who made it or what it was.

Here's an RS on eBay that sold for $215,000, not bad for a car that was $12,000 in 1973 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4597071911

"Airbags save lives, Subaru save airbags"

yes for 213 you can get something "more" but not that nice rare or will GAIN VALUE! like that RS