Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Batlground's R&D on our stock Evo block ended tonite :D PICS!!!

i dont know how to do the quote thing but ive seen a r33 skyline run low 12's with the block untouched. Had stock turbo's and i think HKS cams and valve train. said he only had like 490-500hp. If im not mistaken it was awd? I dunno know for sure tho. Oh and he lives like 20 mins south of ATL

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5338
    So who won??? The supra or the evo??? Quit bickering you guys, LOL!

You need to ask them that.......I couldn't tell in my rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_STI
    Atleast AWD cars can race on the track or on the streets from a dig and don't have to worry about spinning tires.

.... okay....

But what everything Windsor just said about the drivetrain and everything?

And if I'm not mistaken, don't alot of the DSM guys run drag radials ?

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Ali has more than One 9 second WRX. Another question I got is how many AWD cars do you know that have to carry slicks to the track with them?
    Show me this other 9 second WRX daily driver then. The red one is trailered in a big ass semi. A lot of very fast AWD guys run 4 slicks. If you have a slow 13 second STI i guess you don't need slicks to hook up then.

You need to ask them that.......I couldn't tell in my rear view mirror.
    Hahahahaha... You fucking liar!!!

I thought you were following them and recording?

hahaha... you got pwn'd!

Actually, I was riding behind them and filming it.

So back to the topic......

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Atleast AWD cars can race on the track or on the streets from a dig and don't have to worry about spinning tires.
    haha you are such a dumbass man. Have you ever seen a 600 whp AWD car on regular street tires try to launch from a stop? They will spin. If you aren't spinning you AREN'T MAKING ENOUGH POWER. Plus,nitto drag radials work great on the street as do the mickey thompson 17 inch drag radials on a setup RWD. Please don't post any more as you are showing how little you know.

Quote Originally Posted by WINDSOR
    Show me this other 9 second WRX daily driver then. The red one is trailered in a big ass semi. A lot of very fast AWD guys run 4 slicks. If you have a slow 13 second STI i guess you don't need slicks to hook up then.

Ali hasn't put up the video of if yet. Its still working out the finishing touches.

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
    Anyone know of a good place that fix windshields? Preferably close to the Kennesaw area. Let me know if you have any hook-ups... appreciate it.

How much damage do you have? I just had mine fixed a couple of days ago for about $50

I have a nice chunk of the windshield shattered that's about maybe 2in or larger in diameter... did you get the whole windshield replaced for $50 or just a small scratch fixed? IM me Tony when you can.
    www.toyotaofroswell.com
    Current: '04 S2000
    Past 700whp+ Cars: '03 Z06 | '94 Supra | '03 Evo VIII | Too Many...

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by RotiEatter

hahaha... you got pwn'd!
    bhwhahhahahah! good catch man. So we can all assume the EVO with a stock turbo beat the supra.

I don't need to advertise

hopefully there is a video posted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RotiEatter

hahaha... you got pwn'd!

I hate to inform you but, Val was asking about the EVO and Supra. I was ahead of that race but, the EVO vs. EVO race I was recording. Read up and see for yourself.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

Quote Originally Posted by tsispyder
    Not in a 4 cyl rear wheel drive. Your trying to compare apples to oranges. On an IMPORT, AWD is domation period. ever heard of john shep...9s...and spinning most of the way down the track. with AWD. id liek to see a RWD 4 banger do that. Your v8 shit doesnt compare in that aspect. pull 4 plugs then compare. the fact is, peopel are making on half the cylinders, what you make with double. so STFU and go play with your mullet
    hey numbnutz,you wanted to see a 4 cylinder RWD run 8s. How about Buschurs conquest. 8.93@150. An AWD car running 150 mph traps will barely run in 9.9 range with street tires.

so STFU you fucknut.

http://www.buschurracing.com/Conquest1.html

OH and check this out...the top 5 fastest 4g63 powered cars are RWD

http://www.dsmtimes.org/fastest.htm

OWNED!

well this thread went to poo..

i think you could give the car a wash, and build that bitch up.

i was definately meaning 1g, 2g type stuff DSMs...not full tube chassis RWD (rau) . i didnt clarify

IA.com BS DETECTOR

i was definately meaning 1g, 2g type stuff DSMs...not full tube chassis RWD (rau) . i didnt clarify
    the yellow conquest is not tube frame and has been faster then sheppards car. [email protected]pard has run [email protected] 8 more mph but still runs slower.

shep hasnt dynoed his car in years. And he has a brand new setup...notice in parenthasis i said brent rau....and a conquest and starion arent DSms

IA.com BS DETECTOR

shep hasnt dynoed his car in years. And he has a brand new setup...notice in parenthasis i said brent rau....and a conquest and starion arent DSms
    you said you wanted to see a RWD 4 banger run 9s. i gave you an example of an 8 second 4 cylinder RWD car.

eh, its not worth the argument. im done here.

IA.com BS DETECTOR

eh, its not worth the argument. im done here.
    good,take your dsm guru dumbass back to dsmtooners and there is no argument. RWD will always be faster for drag racing. AWD is good for rally racing only.
    Last edited by WINDSOR; 06-19-2005 at 02:26 PM.

I helped push the car to the gas station

Patience Pays...

Quote Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
    I have a nice chunk of the windshield shattered that's about maybe 2in or larger in diameter... did you get the whole windshield replaced for $50 or just a small scratch fixed? IM me Tony when you can.

I'm at work right now and this lame ass computer lets me download everything but instant messenger.. I shot you a pm though

good,take your dsm guru dumbass back to dsmtooners and there is no argument. RWD will always be faster for drag racing. AWD is good for rally racing only.

Hahahaha

nice work Windsor, pwnin' more folks.

Hey guys. Glad ya'll are having so much fun. I just woke up. Sorry I couldn't play until now.

I didn't see the evo and the Supra race, but I think I heard that the evo won.

Personally I don't care what peoeple think about the car we chose for this season. Incase no one noticed we buy cars quite often. It just so happens that we buy 1 of the cars popular to mod at the time. We have a shop, its business decision to us....not who or what's cooler. Unfortunately we can't afford to buy 1 of every car out there...or else we would have an '03 Cobra, a vette, a McLaren, a sl650 Mercedes, a limo, a private jet etc. Either way thanks for some of the advise.

There are a couple of self proclaimed Evo shops around here. None of them have made this power yet. It's not that easy or I assume TopSpeed would have a few running around. It is a 4 cyl and I love it. Its an awesome DD and fun to hang out in. I hope to have a Vette son, then we can play the V8 game,too for a while

Everyone have a nice sunday and try to play nice in my thread.
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

‹^›‹(ò¿ó)›‹^›

Who's WRX and Evo was that out there at Barrett last night? The WRX was silver, can't remember what color the Evo was, but they both had big (backwards???)Batlground graphics on the side. Wasn't sure if that was any of you guys or not. Saw them at Galiyans.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

The EVO was silver and the WRX is black.

Does anyone know the people that helped push off the highway? I didn't even get to see their cars. I gues if anyone knows please pm me or something
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

Default Your Damn right

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Also to quote yesterday...

"I break shit because I make power."
    Thats right bitches

Dont worry about it Tracy,

You broke your personal car, I know Dan has never pushed a customers car that far. Hell it was like pulling teeth to get him to push my car that far.

Matt

P.S. My cars faster than yours, again

Matt,

You're an asshole, but then I guess we all already knew that. My 240 is fater than your 240...so nah!
    Val for president!

Facebook.com/TracyATL

I'm a cronic masterbater

Everyone says supras are played out, then i heard it was 240's that were played out now its evos? You know if you like a certin car you like a certin car. Most people who have an evo or a 240 or supra really don't give a crap if you like it, they got it cause they like it and have some plans for it. so don't sit there and say "Oh its played out". If you do ur just dumb. have some respect for people and grow up. Nice car tracy, good luck with it. And you sure had to be making power if it looks like that now! I'm impressed!
    :idb:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tracy
    I hope to have a Vette soon, then we can play the V8 game,too for a while

Tracy, I have a V8 you can begin your quest on! It needs some more power. I would love to bottle feed my baby you know. Give me a call tomorrow..... 678 777 3783.

Sorry to hear about the car. Just as I did my SR, rebuild with forged components is what I say. Why use stock again and blow again. Safeguard it alittle is how I think.
    06 Mazda 3

Matt,

You're an asshole, but then I guess we all already knew that. My 240 is fater than your 240...so nah!
    Is that so,

Dan, I'm going to need that 3071 your woman is getting out of hand.

Matt

"THAT AIN'T RIGHT"V8 OWNR silviadriftr's Avatar

Hey guys. Glad ya'll are having so much fun. I just woke up. Sorry I couldn't play until now.

I didn't see the evo and the Supra race, but I think I heard that the evo won.

Personally I don't care what peoeple think about the car we chose for this season. Incase no one noticed we buy cars quite often. It just so happens that we buy 1 of the cars popular to mod at the time. We have a shop, its business decision to us....not who or what's cooler. Unfortunately we can't afford to buy 1 of every car out there...or else we would have an '03 Cobra, a vette, a McLaren, a sl650 Mercedes, a limo, a private jet etc. Either way thanks for some of the advise.

There are a couple of self proclaimed Evo shops around here. None of them have made this power yet. It's not that easy or I assume TopSpeed would have a few running around. It is a 4 cyl and I love it. Its an awesome DD and fun to hang out in. I hope to have a Vette son, then we can play the V8 game,too for a while

Damn, how did I miss this thread? Sorry to hear about the destruction Tracy. Waitng for my stock bottom end to come apart so I can stick the built bottom end in as well. I think you should stick the built bottom end in if it's already done. Why not? My philosophy, if it breaks upgrade it.

Anyway, as for the awd/rwd preference for drag racing, I think everyone knows mine. Not knocking the awd, but with the right tire selection and since I am running the ems with traction controlon the street I really don't have a traction issue with my 26x10.50 et streets. I can also run my 235/60/15 M/T dragradials as well, or the slicks at the track. It's all in the setup. If I can run 11.70's with 360whp what do you think 473 whp on the stock cams would do? And if anyone knows anyone making that kind of power in an sr with stock cams and a stock bottom end, please let me know because I have yet to know anyone to do it, or at least try it. As any tuner knows, you can put down 6000whp but if the chassis and setup are not set up to handle the power it's useless. I have run cars that have 200 more whp than mine but couldn't even hang. Dan knows how to build and drive cars, there no doubting that. I hope he does put the built bottom end in the evo and goes out and and pulls some amazing times out of it. I would also like to see some of the awd guys in this thread talking shit about the rwd cars, hit up some of the 03/04 cobras on Barrett running high boost or even the couple of blown ss's running high boost from a dead stop. Dan has, in the 240 before the detuning for drifting. And anyone will tell you I have with alot less whp than I have now. Not to say mine were all wins but very close races in either result. Damn, where were all these rwd haters before I started doing my full built head?

And windsor, you know I'll be looking for you in the rust stang in a couple of weeks.
    Mainstream Performance
    Home of Turbo Dave Fabrications
    2JZ TDF Built 240SX SOLD
    My RHD TDF Built SR20 FOR SALE
    record holding-473whp sr20
    stock cams and bottom end

damn woman! atleast the evo went with bang! (i guess that helps.....don't hurt me...i don't want some of the kickboxing shit!) she was/is a magnificent ride...i hope she'll be back soon...

yousef
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

shudup yousef

hey numbnutz,you wanted to see a 4 cylinder RWD run 8s. How about Buschurs conquest. 8.93@150. An AWD car running 150 mph traps will barely run in 9.9 range with street tires.

so STFU you fucknut.

http://www.buschurracing.com/Conquest1.html

OH and check this out...the top 5 fastest 4g63 powered cars are RWD

http://www.dsmtimes.org/fastest.htm

OWNED!
    hrm... just wondering : I have a starquest, they dont have 4g63's anyways... they have g54b's so it was swapped
    and starquest's are pretty big too, 2.6L's

and im 95% sure they didnt come in AWD, only rear wheel. all of the ones I've seen were always rwd... I have, however heard of some rally JDM edition not out in the states.

but thats a dope ass 'quest.

"THAT AIN'T RIGHT"V8 OWNR silviadriftr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RandomGuy
    hrm... just wondering : I have a starquest, they dont have 4g63's anyways... they have g54b's so it was swapped
    and starquest's are pretty big too, 2.6L's

and im 95% sure they didnt come in AWD, only rear wheel. all of the ones I've seen were always rwd... I have, however heard of some rally JDM edition not out in the states.

but thats a dope ass 'quest.
    I think he was giving an example of a rwd car that was running quicker than awd cars.
    Mainstream Performance
    Home of Turbo Dave Fabrications
    2JZ TDF Built 240SX SOLD
    My RHD TDF Built SR20 FOR SALE
    record holding-473whp sr20
    stock cams and bottom end

Quote Originally Posted by drupason
    shudup yousef
    make me!

lol....
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

are you hitting on me?

Quote Originally Posted by drupason
    are you hitting on me?
    :confused:
    Val RIP
    my only rule in life

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast