Thread: cant decide on a boost controller... greddy vs hks vs blitz vs aem tru boost.

Default cant decide on a boost controller... greddy vs hks vs blitz vs aem tru boost.

If anyone has any personal experience with any of the brands of electronic boost controllers in the title, I would like to know the pros and cons you experienced. I was set on the buying the Aem Truboost but I have read alot of bad experiences. I was leaning towards the greddy spec2 or type s. Im running on chrome and will be around 25psi on high boost.

Quote Originally Posted by ls-r teg
    damn, i want that penis

Certified Gearhead BenjaminJunu's Avatar

I greddy profec b spec 2 and it's pretty cool. It might be a little complicated at first but when you learn how to use it, it's great.

look at the Turbosmart Boost Controller.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance
    Daily D: 2007 Dodge 2500 MEGA CAB, Cummins Turbo Diesel

A pretty cool option is a PWM Solenoid... you can electronically control your boost with crome.

Good setup I think, different maps go with different levels of boost: Phearable.net - Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning Solutions - Hondata, Neptune, Crome, Ectune, AEM, Honda Tuning, Widebands, Fuel Pumps, Turbos, ECU Chipping, Chipped Ecus

Manual boost controllers are probably least likely to fail, however- and also the cheapest.

i would just get s300 if you are running on chrome. its not much more and a lot less to fiddle with and its very easy to setup.
    www.MSSRACING.com - 99 Civic CX - Best ET: 9.53 / Best MPH: 160 - Competition Clutch - Arias Pistons - Coatings M.D. - Mahle-Clevite - ebtec - AHobbs Racing - JKOBD - TDC Performance

I ended up going with the aem tru boost gauge controller. S300 was my next option but I got the aem tru boost somewhat cheap so I just went with it. Depending on how traction is will depend on how long before I change to s300 so I can have the boost by gear option

Quote Originally Posted by ls-r teg
    damn, i want that penis

Certified Gearhead

If you're going to use boost by gear get a 4 port boost solenoid, they are a lot better and are not that expensive.

e-store : Circuit Se7eN (powered by cubecart) (Powered by CubeCart)

Btw the link also has replacement 3 port solenoids for $30ish dollars. Don't pay $90 for the same shit.

Also I have ordered from them if anyone was wondering if the site was legit.

4 port is good stuff, you lose resolution though but for most its great!