Thread: which sub?

driftoritos ftw!!!

Default which sub?

im looking for a nice quality 10" sub to go in a ported center console box i am building for my 04 dodge dakota but i need to choose a sub before i go any further. my amp is a rockford fosgate p300.1 the amp put out 421 watts rms on 2 ohms on the birth sheet im really looking for a 2 ohm setup or a dual 4ohm or dual 1ohm. my current setup is a kicker cvt 12 single 2 ohm in a small sealed box but the 12 will not work with my center console idea. as of now my choices are:

Alpine SWR-1042D

JL Audio 10W3v3-2

kicker cvr cvt or l5

RE AUDIO SE-10

rockford 10's probably stage 3

memphis?

im open to suggestions too.
    thanks in advance
    “The only thing that could make free gumballs better is if I could get the quarter out of that machine”…03Rcode

no accord

jl audio for sure.
    RESIZE PIC PLEASE

driftoritos ftw!!!

thats what i was thinkin but the 2010 model with the higher rating. is the jl stuff under rated meaning it can take more power than they say? i know rockford is big time.
    “The only thing that could make free gumballs better is if I could get the quarter out of that machine”…03Rcode

no accord

i mean yes you can run a bit more but i wouldn't go too high jl has a chart on there site that show's how much power is enough and how much is too high for each model. but out of all the woofers you mentioned i like the jl the best, personally dont like rockford unless its their power stuff.
    RESIZE PIC PLEASE

Certified Gearhead

The DD1510 will work in that setup with the power you are running. They sound great!

driftoritos ftw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by audiowiz View Post
    The DD1510 will work in that setup with the power you are running. They sound great!
    i looked at those but there a little pricey pm me with your best deal on one

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by 91eflx View Post
    i looked at those but there a little pricey pm me with your best deal on one

PM sent

driftoritos ftw!!!

thanks for the good deal man but those things are still pricey

I like the idea of the Rockford P3, and I might also throw an Arc Audio ARC10D2 sub into the mix of subs to look at.

2007, 2008, & 2009 IASCA National SQi Champion Pro Ultimate
    Total of 5 National Sound Quality Championships.

pioneer
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, non but ourselves can free our minds- Bob Marley

facebook me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=779918877

driftoritos ftw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redgst97 View Post
    I like the idea of the Rockford P3, and I might also throw an Arc Audio ARC10D2 sub into the mix of subs to look at.
    i looked at the arc im not exactly sure if it will work whith what i want ill look more into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm-civic View Post
    pioneer
    give me a model number here im not really a big fan of there subs but ill take a look

IA Member

Talking

Have you looked at the Morel Ultimo 10" subwoofer. 1000w continuous and 2000w max. Not to bad on depth requirements and has a replaceable voice coil in the field if you decide to blow one. They are on the pricey side, but a great SPL and SQ woofer all tied up in one.

rockin' the double M's

Quote Originally Posted by jdm-civic View Post
    pioneer
    ooh yeah!

best advice this century!
    house of turbo subarus...its all we'll drive

driftoritos ftw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 360RT View Post
    Have you looked at the Morel Ultimo 10" subwoofer. 1000w continuous and 2000w max. Not to bad on depth requirements and has a replaceable voice coil in the field if you decide to blow one. They are on the pricey side, but a great SPL and SQ woofer all tied up in one.
    nice sub but way out of my price range

Certified Gearhead

I got a jlw7 10" with box $275.

ALPINE TYPE R 10 is all the sub u need

Regarding the Arc Audio, you could use a XXD10D4, KS10D4 or an ARC10D4. With the power you have, I think the KS or ARC series might be best for you. I think you have too much power for the XXD...

I use a single 10" ARC sub in my Eclipse.....and love it! Its a VERY musical sub that can also beat pretty well (in a properly designed/built enclosure)....

2007, 2008, & 2009 IASCA National SQi Champion Pro Ultimate
    Total of 5 National Sound Quality Championships.

i have some quantum 10s i just wana get rid of. make me an offer. theyre brand new, never installed, never felt power of an amp. lmk.

Slimm

TopNotch Audio guy! lovinmydodge's Avatar

honestly with the subs you have listed my personal experience would lend me to believe either the DD or the RE audio will be your best bet, The 10 inch se is NUTZ I prefer the 12's but the 10 would work... OR maybe even do 2 8's... lol. two 8's would be more cone area than that 10 and will be even punchier ...
    Mods- High flow cat, Flowmaster stage 2 exhaust, Intake, Lots of wiring upgrades, h/o alt, 2 18's walled, off 8000 rms custom interior VERY LOUD (152.3) on music and a 156.6 outlaw.( system sounds alot like this!!!

125hp of vtackness

http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=22
    awesome product made in the korean build houses where all the good stuff comes from. Rather than chinese doo doo butter

and if your stuck on JL TMA is the same manufacturers more reasonably priced product line
    http://www.totalmobileaudio.com/products.php

IA Member

I have an SE in my truck and it's more than enough sub for how I use it. Doesn't need to big of a box either. I'd Go with the SE or the type R. Or an 8w7.

98Z...X2

pm me im interested....
    '98 Z