Thread: looking into refinancing my house, where do i start?

Default looking into refinancing my house, where do i start?

who should i look into? should i stay with my original loaner and ask if they can lower my monthly payment and lower my interest rate.. or should I just go ahead and find me a new loan for the house? Ontop of that i want cancel my joint account and just make it my own.. where to go go about?
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Quote Originally Posted by VickNotic View Post
    who should i look into? should i stay with my original loaner and ask if they can lower my monthly payment and lower my interest rate.. or should I just go ahead and find me a new loan for the house? Ontop of that i want cancel my joint account and just make it my own.. where to go go about?
    Just remember you're going to be adding 3-5k to your home loan for the closing cost
    2006 Evo IX - Bolt ons

who should i look into? should i stay with my original loaner and ask if they can lower my monthly payment and lower my interest rate.. or should I just go ahead and find me a new loan for the house?
    If your mortgage is owned by Fannie or Freddie look into the HARP program. If not, you can avoid an appraisal with a streamlined refi. Streamlined refi is not eligible for the lowest rates on the market though so it really depends on your exact situation.

Shop around for it. There wont be a negative effect on your credit score for inquiries made within the prior 30 days.

Ontop of that i want cancel my joint account and just make it my own.. where to go go about?
    You need the approval of whoever is on the account with you. A joint account means you both have an equal share, so both of you need sign off on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERJC View Post
    Just remember you're going to be adding 3-5k to your home loan for the closing cost
    You could do a cash in refi to cover any closing costs, but as a general rule if you shave 1 point off your interest rate you will make out big time over the course of the loan even with the added closing costs.

^ i dont understand, man. But really i just want to lower the monthly payment and sign off from the mortgage and leave my dads name on it only. But thanks though guess i'ma go in and have a talk with a bank loan rep..
    /Oo ___A___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

^ i dont understand, man. But really i just want to lower the monthly payment and sign off from the mortgage and leave my dads name on it only. But thanks though guess i'ma go in and have a talk with a bank loan rep..
    OK, If you want off the mortgage then your dad needs to re-apply and get a mortgage that will pay off your current one.