Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QuikTrip hiring statewide.

Default QuikTrip hiring statewide.

If you need a quick job to make ends meet then give QT a try. They're hiring roughly 900 people nationwide so it's a pretty good bet right now. I'm not sure what the part-time positions pay, but Relief Assistant and Night Assistant both average around 42K a year after being employed for 6 months. Other benefits include health, dental, and tuition assistance. Apply online or at you local QT location. Best of luck!

PT makes 8.50 an hour

ATL's Slow3st DSM!!! Ronsam2006's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDM onlyy
    PT makes 8.50 an hour
    Shit, its better than 0 an hour

that is really good pay. I am def going in tomorrow and applying.

this is news to me. last year they over-hired and recently weve gone through a hiring freeze due to having too many employees. whered you get that info from ran? just wondering.

but yeah, definately the best job ive ever had. im a night assistant at 734. i started 2008 at 10.67/hour and a store with 0 bonus and still came out right at $45k for '08. now i get 3 more dollars per hour and a fat bonus. lookin for $50k this year. the work is hard, not gonna lie. PS i started as a part time guy.

the benefits are no joke. any questions just post up or send me a PM ill answer as best as i can.

Quote Originally Posted by ksniperfox
    this is news to me. last year they over-hired and recently weve gone through a hiring freeze due to having too many employees. whered you get that info from ran?
    A friend of mine that's a full time manager gave me the info. Both Sport1.3 and I applied for full time positions and got them. Just gotta start training this Friday. Got any advice for us?

i applied but i doubt umma get a call

I applied two weeks ago and got a call today for an interview. I'm in Tulsa where the headquarters is and most of the stores. They are about to finish two new stores very close to me so I'm hoping I get one of those stores.

IA.COM Founder.

to make ends meet?

lol.. Sounds like you downing the job.. QT Management pay is pretty damn good.

I was an assistant manager for QT at 19 years old, made 38k that year and have never looked back.. Im 30 now..

Have you made 38K a year yet in your life? Heres your chance to make more.. but step up to the plate..

I mean is no office bitch job like your probably used to..

IA.COM Founder.

the work is hard, not gonna lie.
    I guess you are weak then, The job is a piece of cake sir.

I wish I could get back on. I applied again, but I doubt that they would hire me again. It was a pretty good job, but I didn't get along with one of my managers.....he was the asshole of QT. Lol hope none of you don't meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ran
    A friend of mine that's a full time manager gave me the info. Both Sport1.3 and I applied for full time positions and got them. Just gotta start training this Friday. Got any advice for us?

It's fairly simple, just listen to your trainer and be quick about everything. You'll pick up on it really quick. You can learn how to do everything there in a day or two. Only took my a day. I still remember how to do everything too.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio
    I guess you are weak then, The job is a piece of cake sir.

its easy for me. i dont mind work one bit. i sweat it out. not that the turnover is high, but the people(clerks) that do quit have such lame excuses. they dont like doing dirty work(running trash, cleaning restrooms).

as far as advice- just be the best at everything you do and you will move up quick. that is, if you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ran

full time clerks, or night/relief assistant?

and congratulations. i could go on and on about the benefits. look forward to seeing yall around. btw, PM me what store you train at? jw.

oh, and be early for training. if youre late or not present, your training is over!

My girlfriend really needs a job, so she went in and applied. Sucks there isn't anything available for a college graduate with great job history. All MY money is going towards bills! Haha, I need car parts! lol

Bozzio for president.

Banned

FTMFL (With no Question mark) Works at QT, I think part time and makes 10$/hour

Quote Originally Posted by FTMFL?

hmm, he must be extra relief. extra relief people make 1.50 more if they do things like on call kind of. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but its something like that. I was going to do that...Somebody who works at QT help me get that job back. I'll buy u a slushie while I'm working! LOL

W00T! just got a call back for an interview!

might need to make QT a sponsor with all these ia peeps working there...lol

Did you guys apply online or in store?

Bozzio for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Revmaynard

either way, they both go to corporate office.

personally, i would suggest filling out a paper one and taking it by the office myself dressed pretty sharp. location is on the back off the app.
    but thats just me.

I applied online...2,000 post WOOT

anybody have any tips for me for the interview?

Quote Originally Posted by IndianStig
    anybody have any tips for me for the interview?
    PM the people who have worked there that's what I did.

full time clerks, or night/relief assistant?

and congratulations. i could go on and on about the benefits. look forward to seeing yall around. btw, PM me what store you train at? jw.

oh, and be early for training. if youre late or not present, your training is over!
    I'm a Night Assistant in training now. I start on Monday at store 749 in Marietta. Orientation was roughly nine hours this morning but the people were all real cool. I think I'm going to enjoy this job if it's as lively as it seems to be. Good luck to all those that are applying!

pǝuuɐq

Quote Originally Posted by FTMFL?
    It's actually "FTMFW" and yes I do work there and yes it is $10/hour but I'm an Extra Relief Clerk, which means I go to different stores all the time. Few pointers for interview:
    Don't wear any piercings.
    Shave.
    Dress appropriately.
    Make sure you pass the math part! Other wise I guarantee you won't get the job.

It's not an easy job, it's fast paced and there's no break or a place to sit. I don't have a specific place I work at I go to different stores every day. Benefits are amazing. The better your store does the more you get. You get a bonus every month so that's really good.

To the OP, I don't know where you got the information from but I was told by my manager that they're accepting application for assistant managers only and we won't start hiring clerks until March.

Good luck everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by FTMFW
    It's actually "FTMFW" and yes I do work there and yes it is $10/hour but I'm an Extra Relief Clerk, which means I go to different stores all the time. Few pointers for interview:
    Don't wear any piercings.
    Shave.
    Dress appropriately.
    Make sure you pass the math part! Other wise I guarantee you won't get the job.

It's not an easy job, it's fast paced and there's no break or a place to sit. I don't have a specific place I work at I go to different stores every day. Benefits are amazing. The better your store does the more you get. You get a bonus every month so that's really good.

To the OP, I don't know where you got the information from but I was told by my manager that they're accepting application for assistant managers only and we won't start hiring clerks until March.

Good luck everyone.

pretty good advice.

as far as breaks and sitting, just depends. everybody has to eat. your manager should never have any problems with taking 5 minutes to eat.
    sitting? you should sit to make hot dog buns or bag ice. either of those can get you about 10-15 minutes of seat time. some people hate it, but ill do either of those all damn day. easy as balls.

and congratulations RAN. i think they give NAs 2 weeks of training. 1 week in a training store, and the 2nd week in the store you will be stationed at. or maybe 2 weeks in the store you will be at. i forgot. just a heads up they generally start you at slower stores(therefore lower bonus) so you get the hang of things. i dont think new assistants even get store bonus until 3 months anyways. when you get good theyll transfer you to harder, big money stores.

another piece-always be willing to accept, or ask, for feedback at the end of your shift.

and RAN- feel free to give me a call at my store#734 if you need anything. seriously. look it up on the computer. sometimes i still call people when im not sure about something.
    -kevin

Thanks man. I'll be at 749 for a week before heading to the actual store I'm to work at. Going to grab some comfy work shoes today.

IA.COM Founder.

Advice when it comes to QT and move on..

KISS ALOT OF ASS and IF YOU ARE FEMALE YOU MAY MOVE QUICK AS WELL. (YEAH TALK ABOUT GOOD BENEFITS)

QT = POLITICS.

IF THEY DONT LIKE YOU OR YOU HAVE THE "LOOK" YOU ARE NOT GOING NO WHERE WITH THEM.

YOU CAN SEE SOME MOVE THROUGH THE RANKS SO FAST AND SOME BEEN THERE 10+ YEARS AND ARE STILL STORE MANAGERS..

l-o-l

QT IS NICE WHEN YOU 1st START AND YES YOU MAY FEEL LIKE YOU ARE MOVING QUICK.. BUT THEN, YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT GOING NO WHERE.

JUST A LITTLE ADVICE. MARK THIS DATE. BUT THIS GOES TO SOME OF YOU, SOME MAY KNOW THE GAME.

Senior Member | IA Veteran quickdodgeŽ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FTMFW
    there's no break
    Isn't that against the law? To not provide a break during an 8 or more hour shift. Later, QD.
    FOR MORE INFO, CLICK THE PIC!!!

IA.COM Founder.

BTW, I worked at QT from 96 until 2001, most of the BIG WIGS are still there.
    Actually, Im real friends with one of upper uppers, matter of fact , had dinner with him a couple of weeks ago. Works at the office. cant Say who due to conflict of interest..

I started as a pt clerk, then moved on to ft clerk, the Clerk trainer, then Night Manager, then did RNA for a few, then became a Initial Trainer then a 1st assistant, then did Manager Relief then Got put back in the store for no reason as a 1st assistant.
    I wanted my own store.. Thought I had everything going,, Flawless record with them.... Manager relief is pretty much the promotion list to get your own store...

I found out I didnt get promoted because I was to young (20) at the time.. Of course, They wouldnt tell me, But I knew some people that until this date, are still close friends..
    My Boss at the time didnt have no explanation as to why I got put back in the store..
    total BS. So, I started looking elsewhere.... Found a better Job and put my 2 weeks and dip...

QT is all nice and cool at 1st.. but politics are nuts and obvious.. YES i know there are politics at every company.. but they are terrible..

I dropped out of College for this company.. thats how excited I was.. If I knew what I know today back then.. Different story. Yes, Money was good and all.. But sometimes, thats not everything I guess.. Ohwell...

Start Licking.

Yep, sure is. My gf applied in person and online. Haha. Hopefully she will hear something!

Bozzio for president.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    Isn't that against the law? To not provide a break during an 8 or more hour shift. Later, QD.

In the State of GA there is no law that requires this.

Only reason some get breaks in GA is due to UNIONS or the company feels like it.

In the State of GA there is no law that requires this.

Only reason some get breaks in GA is due to UNIONS or the company feels like it.
    I had no idea. Later, QD.

IA.COM Founder.

Quote Originally Posted by quickdodgeŽ
    I had no idea. Later, QD.

Alot of people dont know that.. Is crazy though..

Honestly, me personally im Used to 10+ a day already... would be nice to get a hour break.. but honestly, I feel it will just slow me down anyways.

Yea, Julio is right. Did some looking, and since my old company was based from Cali they went by Cali standards so we got breaks. But Ga specifically doesn't require your employer to give you a break.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1155956AAdaZpo

Bozzio for president.

IA.COM Founder.

Yea, Julio is right. Did some looking, and since my old company was based from Cali they went by Cali standards so we got breaks. But Ga specifically doesn't require your employer to give you a break.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1155956AAdaZpo

I used to do some hiring at my current job and this is one of the most common questions asked when you are interviewing someone.
    So I spent alot of days with the HR department trying to learn all this shit..

And another weird law in GA ( if it hasnt change since I did it)

But they dont have to hire a person based on SEX neither..

So if B company dont want to hire you because you are female.. they dont have to.

Like whoa!

Advice when it comes to QT and move on..

KISS ALOT OF ASS and IF YOU ARE FEMALE YOU MAY MOVE QUICK AS WELL. (YEAH TALK ABOUT GOOD BENEFITS)

QT = POLITICS.

IF THEY DONT LIKE YOU OR YOU HAVE THE "LOOK" YOU ARE NOT GOING NO WHERE WITH THEM.

YOU CAN SEE SOME MOVE THROUGH THE RANKS SO FAST AND SOME BEEN THERE 10+ YEARS AND ARE STILL STORE MANAGERS..

l-o-l

QT IS NICE WHEN YOU 1st START AND YES YOU MAY FEEL LIKE YOU ARE MOVING QUICK.. BUT THEN, YOU FEEL YOU ARE NOT GOING NO WHERE.

JUST A LITTLE ADVICE. MARK THIS DATE. BUT THIS GOES TO SOME OF YOU, SOME MAY KNOW THE GAME.

This is true, if they don't like you then you go nowhere. Thats what happened with me and my manager. We hated each other. But district manager liked me... should've just stuck it out. But I had a feeling I was going to blow up on his ass one day but oh well.

Honestly, me personally im Used to 10+ a day already... would be nice to get a hour break.. but honestly, I feel it will just slow me down anyways.
    Same here. I drive all day. My time, although on their time, is still my time. The quicker I do my job, the quicker I go home. If I'm heading to Tennessee and I take an hour break, that's an hour later I get to go home. Besides, I can just eat and drive if I need to. Later, QD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast