Thread: My Black BMW 335i Sedan on Varrstoen ES1's anti-build thread

Default My Black BMW 335i Sedan on Varrstoen ES1's anti-build thread

This is an more of a destruction thread than a build thread, but I don't think I ever posted it up on this car (which I lost a couple months ago). I've been fairly busy so I've been awol from the forums... So I got this 335i because I wanted a fast DD, which it did well at providing.

Here's the car:

Had a tune upgrade (BMS JB4), dual cone intakes, 3" downpipes, aluminum hardpipes, transmission hack, got 2 new stock turbos, and some 18x9.5 front and 18x10.5 rear varrstoen ES1's.
    Had the intake ports walnut blasted, which made it run so much better. I would recommend getting this done if you have a turbo BMW motor.

It was an awesome car:

Then this happened:

That sucked.

got to keep a souvenir:

That sucks! They total the car because of that?

Very fine choice of a car! I hope it was a 6spd.

The cost of repairing newer BMW's is insane and when stacked against the heavy devaluation the cars go through it's no surprise they opt to total it and pay you $20K. Each of those LCI headlights runs about $1,300 a piece

Hassan, did you get to keep the wheels?

-Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by aaronfelipe View Post
    Very fine choice of a car! I hope it was a 6spd.

The cost of repairing newer BMW's is insane and when stacked against the heavy devaluation the cars go through it's no surprise they opt to total it and pay you $20K. Each of those LCI headlights runs about $1,300 a piece

Hassan, did you get to keep the wheels?

-Aaron
    So the old one is gone, but I recently got another one which I like way better. It's a e60 535i M-sport. This is the last year they came in twin turbo before they introduced the N55 powerplant. I sold the wheels of my 335i after I wrecked it to the dude who painted the mural on my hood: mr vengeance. I figured I wasn't going to get another BMW, but then a few weeks after that I couldn't find anything else I'd rather get- so I found a nice 535. I ended up buying the same rims, but in 19 inch instead of super wide 18, that gave me so many fitment issues and rubbing/scrubbing. I even had to roll my fenders on my old 3-series. I like the 19s and I easily fit 275's in the back with 0 scrubbing.

Yesterday, Solo motorsports did an awesome e85 tune on it, flashing the firmware on the stock ECU-- far superior to JB4. It's awesome, if anyone has a twin turbo 335i or 535i, I would highly recommend it. I made freaking 465 tq on a mostly stock setup with some e85.