Thread: Everything Cressida...the 83, 87 and 91 build thread...1JZ, LS1, Z06, TT

Default Everything Cressida...the 83, 87 and 91 build thread...1JZ, LS1, Z06, TT

So I have been meaning to start this for a while now. Over the years I have collected a few cars and have been slowly working on them. I have finally started to actively work on them weekly and am trying to get 2 of the 3 done this year. Here is how the cars sit as of right now:

1991 Toyota Cressida
    1JZTT Engine
    30-40LE Built Transmission w/ 3800 Stall
    18x10.5 +38 wheels
    Stock struts on lowering springs

1987 Toyota Cressida
    5MGE Engine
    5-speed Manual conversion
    Tein coil overs all around
    16x8 +0 wheels

1983 Toyota Cressida
    No engine
    No transmission
    Stock suspension
    Stock wheels

Currently I am actively working on the 91 Cressida. The stock 30-40LE transmission blew almost 2 years ago so I had this new one built for the car a while back. When I got it back I didn’t realize that the newer transmission had a different exit housing so I am waiting on the new yoke to come in so I can have my driveshaft cut. Other projects for this car include a custom big brake kit, custom suspension and a new exhaust. Currently I have a set of C6 Z06 rotors that are getting drilled for the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. Once they are done, this week hopefully, I will be working on getting the mounting bracket made for them to mount to the car. The suspension for this car will be custom-built coil over setup. Once things start on that I will post pictures up here of the parts and build procedure. The exhaust being built for the car is nothing special, just a high flow cat, magnaflow muffler, all through 3” pipe.

The 83 currently has the engine almost ready to come out of the car. All fluids are drained and the transmission is out of the car just waiting on a warm day to complete it. Once the engine is out I have a LS1 block ready to be mounted into it for test fitting. Current plans are full suspension, Ford 8.8” rear end, full cage, with a built LS1 engine paired with a 6-speed T-56 tranny. Want to make a weekend warrior out of it, but still be streetable.

The 87 has a few things in the works, but nothing will be started on it until the 91 and 83 are finished, since it’s the only 100% functioning car.
    Last edited by dtmcnamara; 02-16-2013 at 10:03 PM.

The 91. Pictures start from the day I got it to most recent

The 87. Pictures start from the day I got it to most recent

hang a left, make a right and you're there

doing it right, doing it right!!!

looks like a great project mate,great to see those cars brought back to life.
    Help out at Import garage so get to play in great rides and handle car parts could it get better than this.

yesssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    You travel with so much luggage that it wont fit in a wagon? you dating a kardashian?