Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: S13 sr build/rebuild

Default S13 sr build/rebuild

Car: 1991 240sx s13 coupe

Motor: black top sr20det

Specs: unknown was told it made 346whp at 19psi but can't be certain since the previous owner fibs.

Turbo setup: garret gt2871r 86 exhaust housing, top mount manifold,big fmic, turbo xs rfl bov,

Other parts: Megean track coil overs, s14 LCA's, Isis tension rods, modded knuckles, maxima modded inner tie rods, wicked tuning outer tie rods, rear ruca, traction, toe, Megean control arms, welded diff, aggressive aero Silvia kit, apexi n1 exhaust, Isis radiator, nismo power brace, tonami rocker arm stopper, cosworth head gasket, arp head studs, nismo thermostat, greddy oil pan, s14 modded oil pick up, tuned via safc neo, Megean down pipe.

I got this car a few months ago from a member on here in a trade. When I first got it, it had a minor idle issue. I was told it had a aftermarket head gasket and studs (this info was false). A lot of the wiring was bad (half assed with speaker wires).

So far I've gotten rid of the pig nose front end and I'm up grading it to a sil front end. The coupe will be a wide body coupe. I've painted the engine bay and cleared it. I'm getting rid of un necessary wires in the engine bay. I've de greased the engine and had it re sprayed. New comp stage 4 clutch will be installed with new Chase bays steal braided clutch line.

Ill ad more details as other things get completed. I'm posting my up to date pictures there will be more to come.

Again I don't make 80k a year like the previous owner but I can still fix and build a car better.

<3 Catnipples

Senior Member | IA Veteran Catnip's Avatar

Not trying to sound any kind of way, but why go through all that trouble to just spray paint the bay and not even get all of that coil bracket off?
    '92 C2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel | '96 240sx

Quote Originally Posted by Catnip View Post
    Not trying to sound any kind of way, but why go through all that trouble to just spray paint the bay and not even get all of that coil bracket off?
    I've removed most of the un used brackets. Which bracket are you referring to ?
    <3 Catnipples

As much everyone loves to hate you, I like how you're cleaning up the previous owners mess and are at least attempting to make it better. While I also don't understand why you went through all that trouble just to spray paint, it's certainly a heck of a lot better than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by PTCDC5 View Post
    As much everyone loves to hate you, I like how you're cleaning up the previous owners mess and are at least attempting to make it better. While I also don't understand why you went through all that trouble just to spray paint, it's certainly a heck of a lot better than it was before.
    Thank you for the kind words. Well it's simple, in waiting on parts and had the paint already so why not ? The engine bay looked horrible so it deff needed to be painted. I'm also doing a wire tuck an some other cool stuff. It's my first time actually doing a 240 my way instead of how i usually buy them. That's why I sold pretty much everything Associated its previous owner. I prefer it be my own. I'm literally OCD so I can't in my right mind put the motor back in knowing all the issues that exists.

The car should be 10x better then it was before I got it for sure.
    <3 Catnipples

This.
    Again, not being any kind of way, but I don't know how you let that go unaddressed being OCD. I should snap some close ups of what I've done so far on my bay.

Not to mention the cut out portion. You could take some small hole saws and cut holes on the 4 corners. Then take a mini reciprocating saw or cut off wheel, and cut between the saw holes (connect the dots, if you will). Giving a cut out with radii, instead of nasty, jagged corners.

This.
    Again, not being any kind of way, but I don't know how you let that go unaddressed being OCD. I should snap some close ups of what I've done so far on my bay.

Not to mention the cut out portion. You could take some small hole saws and cut holes on the 4 corners. Then take a mini reciprocating saw or cut off wheel, and cut between the saw holes (connect the dots, if you will). Giving a cut out with radii, instead of nasty, jagged corners.
    Then you should have say it before I did that lol
    <3 Catnipples

I may be completely awesome, but I'm no mind reader (most of the time).

Seen* stupid ass iPhone
    <3 Catnipples

I'm not comparing bad to really bad, I'm comparing bad to perfection, lol

I'm not comparing bad to really bad, I'm comparing bad to perfection, lol
    Well I'm not a professional. I don't think my engine bay looks bad at all. If your being overly picky sure, but this car isn't going to be a show car. It will mainly be at the track. Thanks for the input though.

I could just easily tub the front and get rid of the spots your talking about.

I also didn't cut out those holes the previous owner did. I tried to fix it as best as I could but again I'm not going to be picky over jagged edges in my engine bay especially on a drift car.
    <3 Catnipples

Insanely Crazy

looking good! Keep up with the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by EclipseE16g View Post
    looking good! Keep up with the good work.
    Thanks man!

Waiting on a lot of parts so that I can update this.

Waiting on: triple projectors, corners, cosmetic head gasket, arp head studs, Freddy intake manifold, and I'm going to go pick up the rest of my kit. Also ordering enjuku squares (6 of them). I'm not rich at all so this is a poor mans build lol I just spent 2k so far hopefully when it's finished it turns out how I want it too.

If anyone has suggestions or criticism let me know I'm a knewb who's learning so advice is helpful.
    <3 Catnipples

Nice refresh

2013 GT500
    1989 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SHHHH View Post
    Nice refresh
    Thank you!
    <3 Catnipples

hang a left, make a right and you're there

so you know a thing or two about 240s huh?? your house is the 240s central in your town??? lol, j/k, looking very good, nothing like starting from scratch again and doing it your way! props

Senior Member | IA Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Franco Tirador View Post
    so you know a thing or two about 240s huh?? your house is the 240s central in your town??? lol, j/k, looking very good, nothing like starting from scratch again and doing it your way! props
    drifting butt buddies!....

Quote Originally Posted by Franco Tirador View Post
    Thanks man others don't see it that way lol
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfix_15 View Post
    drifting butt buddies!....
    Why don't you get you some friends ?
    <3 Catnipples

Quote Originally Posted by E36slide View Post
    Why don't you get you some friends ?
    Why are you so sensitive?

Why are you so sensitive?
    I'm not sensitive. Lol
    <3 Catnipples

when you clean that engine bay, all the paint will chip off eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.EM1 View Post
    learn to english

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrizzle View Post
    when you clean that engine bay, all the paint will chip off eventually.
    Nah it's got 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear. If it does it does I can always do a touch up here and there.
    <3 Catnipples

Nah it's got 4 coats of paint and 3 coats of clear. If it does it does I can always do a touch up here and there.
    what kind of clear did you use? i went through a few different types of clear on motorcycles until i found one that could stand up to gas being spilled on it..... i can tell you, if they sold it over a counter.... it will peel and chip.

now this shit right here.......... worth every penny. uca-150 from expresspaint.com $10.95/can

what kind of clear did you use? i went through a few different types of clear on motorcycles until i found one that could stand up to gas being spilled on it..... i can tell you, if they sold it over a counter.... it will peel and chip.

now this shit right here.......... worth every penny. uca-150 from expresspaint.com $10.95/can
    I will have to ask mike about what clear we used I'm not into painting at all so don't know what brand it was but it was over the counter.

I will order this clear then if you think it will hold up.
    <3 Catnipples

I will have to ask mike about what clear we used I'm not into painting at all so don't know what brand it was but it was over the counter.

I will order this clear then if you think it will hold up.
    I confidently recommend that spray to anyone who plans on using a can for anything. It holds up to gas spills, heat and constant rubbing from motorcycle riding. over the counter clear bubbles off the first time you spill a drop of gas on it. That clear sprays on like tree sap.... you can tell it's heavy duty the second you spray it. Its real sticky, it doesnt run, it dries fast and it's like a protective shell. It's so thick that i sprayed it over my tank pad and sealed it in like lacquer.

I confidently recommend that spray to anyone who plans on using a can for anything. It holds up to gas spills, heat and constant rubbing from motorcycle riding. over the counter clear bubbles off the first time you spill a drop of gas on it. That clear sprays on like tree sap.... you can tell it's heavy duty the second you spray it. Its real sticky, it doesnt run, it dries fast and it's like a protective shell. It's so thick that i sprayed it over my tank pad and sealed it in like lacquer.

Hmm that's a good deal then. Can you spray it in the cold ? Ill be spraying it in a garage and its a little cold now.
    <3 Catnipples

Hmm that's a good deal then. Can you spray it in the cold ? Ill be spraying it in a garage and its a little cold now.
    It's ideal for it to be warm and dry, mostly dry, id put out a space heater to warm the garage and do it mid day. The moisture in the air clouds it up. The room being cold isnt a deal breaker, you should be heating the cans up anyways. Let them sit in some hot water or blow em with a hair drier. The better the condition of the air is, the better your result will be. Obviously you're not looking for a mirror finish on your engine bay, but you can still try. I dont think temp will have much of an effect on the durability of the finish, but it will change how clear it is. I made the mistake of spraying some pieces in the early morning and they were cloudy because of the moisture, as it baked in the sun it cleared up, but the pieces i did mid day were crystal clear.

It's ideal for it to be warm and dry, mostly dry, id put out a space heater to warm the garage and do it mid day. The moisture in the air clouds it up. The room being cold isnt a deal breaker, you should be heating the cans up anyways. Let them sit in some hot water or blow em with a hair drier. The better the condition of the air is, the better your result will be. Obviously you're not looking for a mirror finish on your engine bay, but you can still try. I dont think temp will have much of an effect on the durability of the finish, but it will change how clear it is. I made the mistake of spraying some pieces in the early morning and they were cloudy because of the moisture, as it baked in the sun it cleared up, but the pieces i did mid day were crystal clear.
    Yeah I've been looking for a cheap heater. Thanks for the info I'm going to order a few cans of this clear when I get off work ill post results once it gets sprayed.
    <3 Catnipples

Yeah I've been looking for a cheap heater. Thanks for the info I'm going to order a few cans of this clear when I get off work ill post results once it gets sprayed.
    you'll like it. it's so user friendly.... you could probably spray it drunk and blind folded and still get good results. Real easy to work with, its so thick it covers up textures and blemishes. Awesome product.... the reaction i usually get is "there's no fuckin way that's spray paint..... "

you'll like it. it's so user friendly.... you could probably spray it drunk and blind folded and still get good results. Real easy to work with, its so thick it covers up textures and blemishes. Awesome product.... the reaction i usually get is "there's no fuckin way that's spray paint..... "
    Then that's deff what I need then lol I didn't want to go all out spraying the engine bay I just wanted it to look a little better then it did. So if I can use these and it's easy to use and looks professional then it's deff a good deal for 10 dollars a can vs 8 for shitty auto zone clear.
    <3 Catnipples

hang a left, make a right and you're there

that looks good!

IA Member

It looks good.
    Did you have a tan s13 for sale on Craigslist? That looks like the house it was at lol
    I wish I had friends with 240s then maybe mine would be running.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyToaster View Post
    It looks good.
    Did you have a tan s13 for sale on Craigslist? That looks like the house it was at lol
    I wish I had friends with 240s then maybe mine would be running.
    Thanks it's at mikes house (240 house)

What all do you need to get it running ?
    <3 Catnipples

IA Member

As far as I know, fuse box, upper and lower wiring harness, and a 5speed dust cover. Just to get it running. It's my first car and when I bought it I was like sweet a learning experience.
    Kind of regretting it lol

Quote Originally Posted by RustyToaster View Post
    As far as I know, fuse box, upper and lower wiring harness, and a 5speed dust cover. Just to get it running. It's my first car and when I bought it I was like sweet a learning experience.
    Kind of regretting it lol
    We probably have all of that
    <3 Catnipples

IA Member

For an OBD-1 s14?
    It was auto that was mid way through a 5 speed swap before the wiring got hacked up by the pervious owner.
    I'd be interested in buying all of it.
    Didn't mean to jack your thread or anything lol.

Car: 1991 240sx s13 coupe

The red hatch is the business
    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
    Leave it to E36Slide to turn a thready gay.....like everything he touches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echonova View Post
    I like telling everyone I know that we are extremely personal friends.
    And I still have your cell phone number from that one time we traded wheels.
    And I'll sell it to them for $5.

Nice neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by SmackedInATL View Post
    Nice neighborhood
    Thanks it's not mine
    <3 Catnipples

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast