Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1993 Mazda RX7 (Pic heavy)

From one engine-swapped FD owner to another..

I applaud you for all of this work that you're doing yourself.

You went with a R-E-A-L-L-Y aggressive offset, though! I'm wondering if maybe you should have gone about +10 farther in?

Quote Originally Posted by YoshiFD3S View Post
    From one engine-swapped FD owner to another..

I applaud you for all of this work that you're doing yourself.

You went with a R-E-A-L-L-Y aggressive offset, though! I'm wondering if maybe you should have gone about +10 farther in?
    Thanks dude, It's getting there lol

It's not really that aggressive for the fenders. I have a buddy of mine running a 12-40 rear on the same fenders. I just need to lower the car a little more in the rear. the front should fit pretty good, but I'll need to run a spacer, my inner barrel hits my lca with the modded kuckles. again, not a big deal. they're only 10-3... I have friends who have ran 10.5-15 on a
    +25 fender, so I should be fine there as well. Just have to get the motor in the car so I can play with the front fitment.

Dropping off the motor at the machine shop to have the pistons fly cut today Hopefully I'll get it back in a week or so.

Still waiting on the thicker head gaskets to come in... In the mean time, I've been passing time by playing with my 945 garage headlight buckets. I made a couple alterations to them. I like it, I think I'm going to roll with it. It's something a little different from what you usually see.

Got the car out in the driveway and snapped a couple pics of the head light buckets sorta on the car lol.. lowered it a little more too in the rear. Hopefully It'll be going to paint by the end of the month. Maybe I'll have it running before ia... that'd be pretty sweet.

Ordered a few more parts for the car today. Messed with the head light buckets a little more today too. they're almost ready for paint. just need to peel the plastidip off and fix a couple spots where it's low.

Diff brace came in yesterday. Got my coilovers in today. pretty happy with everything overall. Can't wait to get the new coilovers on the car.

I've been under the hood of the poopra the last couple days as well. I think it's finally running right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1001207_633196196716633_1180212661_n-jpg  

Pics of poopra?

It's nothing special by any means. just a dd. haven't bought coilovers for it yet so 4x4 status for now... which is kinda nice with the shitty roads around here lol. I want to get a decent set of wheels for it too. Maybe rpf1's or nt03s or something.

put my tie rod spacers on this evening and lowered the car in the front since I got new coilovers and will have to play with them anyways to get the fitment I want when I get the motor back in it.

Congrats on the build. It takes a lot to cut up your on vehicle.
    The Carbon Fibered R6

Thanks man. it's coming together slowly.
    been off of here for a while. here are some recent pics of things that have happened.

Still havent actually mounted the headlight buckets, they're just kinda propped up in place, that's why they're not gaped right.

Decided to make my other gauge pod less ghetto. Still haven't finished it, but here's the progress so far.
    First I used expandable foam and shaped it back to the contour of the dash. Then I used spray adhesive and put a piece of fleece down to start the base of the gauge pod.

Then cut off the excess.

Applied resin

started shaping it once dried

cut out the shape of the gauge pod, and fiberglassed it in.

Just been shaping it the past day or so, hopefully I'll get it finished on my day off. then time to wrap it, or paint it, still haven't decided which to do.

Back from the dead. here's some update pictures. enjoy.

Pretty much sums up every day I try to work on the car.

got the motor back from the machine shop, assembled it the rest of the way and threw it in the car.

started actually mounting the headlight covers. Still need to finish prepping them for paint.

and this is how it sits as of today. Got the headers in, which was kind of a pain in the ass. Had to drop the subframe to get the headers to go in place. Just need to do a bunch of little stuff now and it'll be ready for a tune.

well, harness is plugged in, ready to go, drained the old gas, double checked the pin out from where I re-pinned the harness, and plugged in the pcm. as long as all goes as planned, I should be starting this turd up for the first time in nearly two years!

cranked the car up for the first time in over two years!

Bet that felt good!

yeah, it felt awesome! there were so many variables that could have been wrong. I was surprised it fired right up!

refinished and started rebuilding my brakes yesterday. Got the fronts rebuilt, then got distracted and went and played disc golf with friends lol.

also, just for kicks.

Finished up the abs delete kit that my buddy makes today! There's so much room for activities now!

The car was stuuuuuupid loud straight piped (go figure) since it's a street car I decided to quieten it up a bit. Pretty happy with the results overall.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...95526955_n.jpg

Ended up deleting the cable hand brake mechanism on the hydro hand brake calipers. I'll still have my cable mechanism on the factory brakes so I can still use the factory hand brake to park the car or whatever. Hopefully they still work fine lol. I don't see why they wouldn't. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Back from the dead. I finally got my shit together and got the car running and stopping under it's own power today. Here's a couple of pictures of it out of the driveway for once.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12