Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SRDFTITAN/LOADED811 97 EJ8 TURBO BUILD THREAD!! LOTS OF PICS **CUSTOM GAUGE HOLDER**

The next day I went to the car show that was intended for muscle cars only. I still entered my car because the money raised was for a good cause. Anyway I ended up placing in the top ten and took home a trophy. Got a lot of respect from the muscle car guys which was surprising.

Thats it for now, I think I'm leaving some stuff out but I can't remember off of the top of my head. Next up I plan on ordering some AMR Engineering coilovers, fabricate a rear diffuser (similar to the one that top one aero use to make) and some racing seats and cage.....I think lol. Thanks and hope you guys like it.

Scott Racing & Development Factory (SCCA Auto X/NASA HPDE)
    Build thread:http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...GAUGE-HOLDER**
    Titans member#0001

I usually don't like civics; but this is sooooo sick. Good work man!

Future Mods: (In Order)

AVARUS AV8 Rims
    EIBACH® - Sportline Lowering Kit
    Honda Accord 2DR Coupe Rear Trunk Tail Lip Spoiler
    Hella Twin Supertone Horn Kit
    INJEN® - SP Series Cold Air Intake System
    Weapon-R - i-Throttle Controller AND Harness - 08+ Honda Accord
    INJEN® - SP Series Cold Air Intake System
    Ported Intake Runners
    ect.............

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticDrop View Post
    I usually don't like civics; but this is sooooo sick. Good work man!
    Wow man thanks, I really appreciate it!!!

Titans member#0001

Certified Gearhead BenjaminJunu's Avatar

Car looks amazing. I completely love it. What are you doing with that bys bumper? are you looking to get rid of it?

This was my first time actually trying to film something, especially a dirty car lol. I'm learning cinematography at the moment and this was just some practice clips that I through together. I was practicing using a 47" slider that I just purchased and some other tools. Still learning so be easy on me. I used Premiere Pro (CS5) for the first time to edit this video, so I'm still learning that too. Please like!

http://youtu.be/9tc_iITrukI

Titans member#0001

Made 320hp at a conservative 8lbs of boost.

320HP @ 8 PSI Turbo Civic BOOM! - YouTube

Titans member#0001

Couple of shots from the dyno on Friday (taken with my phone). Just got done writing a screen play on a feature film that will be starring this car. Stay tuned, I will post the film here.

Titans member#0001

Ok time for a big update!! Got some really nice quality parts in from Top 1 Motors. I think I managed to buy everything that they make for my particular car. I was sweating bullets making sure I didn't miss the FedEx truck, as I had to sign for the stuff. Well once it got here I was blown away at the quality of their parts, especially when you consider the price. I definitely want to give a huge thanks and shout out to Chris and the guys over at Top 1 Motors, be sure to check them out next time your shopping for aero parts TOP1 MOTORS - HOME. I purchased the following:

Front Splitter (type 1)
    Front Bumper Canards (track spec)
    Front License Plate Angler
    Side Skirts (type 1)
    Rear Diffuser
    License Plates (x2)

I pretty much have everything installed already, took me about 3-4 hours with the help of some buddies. I wanted to make sure everything lined up properly so it took a little longer. Overall the fit and finish of these products were second to non, I would recommend them to anyone.

Front Splitter:

Front Splitter (side view):

Front License Plate Angler:

Front Bumper Canards:

Front Bumper Canards (side view):

Side Skirts (type 1):

Side Skirts (close up):

Rear Diffuser (top):

Rear Diffuser (side view):

Will have some decent pics of these items installed on the car later today....hopefully.

Titans member#0001

Ok finally have some updates. Got everything that I received from Top 1 Motors installed on the civic. I even made a video!! Don't forget to like and share.

http://youtu.be/yBfUNO-K7Lw

Titans member#0001

Got some photos that my buddy Khris H took of the car before I tore it back down to do some work to it.

Last edited by SRDFTITAN; 12-31-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Titans member#0001

I have a huge update. Over the past month or so I've been very busy with the car, especially over this holiday vacation. I ended up adding a five point harness, harness bar, new vibrant exhaust, wire tuck, fuse box tuck, battery relocation, carbon kevlar hood, carbon kevlar trunk and made a new catch can with new black fittings and lines. I've been busy lol.

Here is a pic of the car before I got started, I ended up peeling the plasti dip that was on the passenger side off of the wheels. Now all of the wheels are polished again.

First thing that I started with was the adding of some five point harnesses and a harness bar.

Then I wanted my exhaust to be a little quieter so I went to my buddies over at EBTEC and had them hook me up with a Vibrant muffler. Man do I love how quiet it's gotten since then. Put it this way my engine/camming is louder then the exhaust now and I love it. I had the guys add a little turn down to the tip for that extra little flare, came out perfect!

After the exhaust I had been looking long and hard for a carbon/kevlar hood and trunk. Luckily some of the guys at EBTEC remembered a post of one for sale online. I got in touch with the guy and he still had both the hood and trunk so I scooped them up. Man is it nice and extremely light. I was told that the hood and trunk that I have is one of a very few in the U.S. so I guess that's pretty cool. Sneak peak pic, better photos coming soon!

I had been putting off doing a wire tuck for a very long time, mainly because of the horror stories that I've heard about people really messing their cars up due to not doing it correctly. Plus I'm lazy and just didn't want to do it. Well I got a wild hair about a week ago and just dove right in. I ordered my braided sleeving and shrink tube from wirecare.com. After it arrived in the mail I got started. I started with the headlight harness, as everyone had stated that it is the easiest and provides the most yield as far as looks go. It went pretty smoothly and before I knew it I was done. After completing that I started messing around with the fuse box and figured out that it unplugs from the bottom. Now this was my big question; why do people cut all of the wires that lead to the fuse box when relocating it under the dash? Doesn't make any sense to me, I just simply unplugged the harness and fed the plugs through the fire wall. After doing that I wanted to mount the fuse box inside the passenger air bag compartment but realized that my head is too big to fit between the windshield and dash in the event I had to troubleshoot anything inside of the fuse box. So I mounted the fuse box inside of the glove box. After mounting it I trimmed the glove box until it was pretty much cut in half. I then took the end piece that was cut off and plastic welded it to the remaining pieces of the glove box that was still attached. This worked out very well as I still can store important documents while making a new home for the fuse box. I really like how it came out. The wire running from the alternator that connects to the fuse box was just barely long enough to still screw in to the fuse box. I had to extend the positive wire that runs from the battery quite a bit, as I relocated the battery to the trunk using a battery relocation kit from Taylor. I then went ahead and cleaned up the engine harness, stripped off all the old wire loom and electrical tape, eliminated plugs that I no longer use, shortened/lengthened some wires and finally reloomed everything. I really like how everything came out.

As I got started

After pulling the headlight harness out

Man it was a sea of wires, at this point I felt that I was in over my head lol!

Pulled the harness plug through a hole that is already used for the wiring that runs to my doors and after running the harness around the outside of the engine bay I was done.

Now it was time to find a suitable place for my fuse box and I found it in the glove box.

After cutting and then plastic welding my glove box back together, came out pretty good.

Used this kit from Taylor to relocate the battery to the trunk, very straight forward.

Then it was time to clean up the engine harness.

Everything was tagged and labeled properly so I knew where everything plugged back into.

Got all the loom stripped off, now it was time to plug everything back in and start shortening and lengthening wires......lots of fun!

Started to reloom everything with braided sleeving and shrink tubing

This is after everything was pretty much done. I was unable to reloom the large bundle of wires in the braided sleeving, as I didn't order the correct size to do it with. I have another solution for this just have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Looks much better under there!!!

After completing the wire tuck I didn't want to put my catch can back in it's original place (right over the driver's side motor mount) so I sold it and made a simpler and smaller one that it now mounted up against the radiator support, nicely tucked out of the way. It came out pretty nice, I like the black fittings with the black hoses.

Now the only thing that's next is to send my intake manifold, turbo manifold, valve cover and intercooler piping to a buddy of mines at Coatings MD, to have him coat everything in gloss black. After that I'm going to paint the bay but I'm not sure if I just want to go back with black or pearl white. Thanks for checking everything out, hope everyone likes the progress.
    Last edited by SRDFTITAN; 12-31-2014 at 05:26 PM.

Titans member#0001

Senior Member | IA Veteran Mad Mike's Avatar

Nice work. Really like the look of your car.

Found another pic

[l/user/BLACKOUT1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01-01195007_zps5847f14a.jpg.html][/URL]

Titans member#0001

Got some new updates. Got the hood and trunk all mounted up and its starting to look like a car again. Got some more stuff on order and in the works.

Thanks everyone for checking out my build.

Titans member#0001

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234