Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My H22a build with pics

SOUTHERN SPEED

A budget build with pro 3s ?

252plus hp and 34.5 miles to the gallon all motor. 12.2 at 111

Certified Gearhead TattooedFish's Avatar

Im still waiting for the heads im think they are supposed to be finished some time tomorrow. (technically later today)

I did manage to pick up a ecu for a decent price super nice guy also threw in a free h series shift linkage (just in case I don't go h2b which at this point im sure I will)
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...uild-with-pics <---- My H22a Swap Pm Me if you got parts

Yea I drive a Neon! justnprsh07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by h22 jones View Post
    A budget build with pro 3s ?
    Yea... He just dont want to spend1k on cnc job and wants to keep stock stroke bc parts are easier to come by and wants to turn it hard???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by justnprsh07 View Post
    Yea... He just dont want to spend1k on cnc job and wants to keep stock stroke bc parts are easier to come by and wants to turn it hard???
    The 2nd part of that statement seems to make sense. Not sure about the 1st though. I'm not a Expert, but sometimes running too big of a camshaft for your setup will actually hurt you, right?

Im lost what u guys are even talkin about
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...uild-with-pics <---- My H22a Swap Pm Me if you got parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdm94Coupe View Post
    The 2nd part of that statement seems to make sense. Not sure about the 1st though. I'm not a Expert, but sometimes running too big of a camshaft for your setup will actually hurt you, right?
    If you dont have the head where it will flow enough for the cam then it could hurt... I dont think so for the pro3s in peak hp even though I think pro2s would produce more in mid range on a stock port. But all of skunk products are produced for stock heads, porting would help alot but its not gonna hurt it to do pro3s on a stock port like it would if you went to a high lift roller rocker setup. We did some research first and came up with the fact that go ahead and go pro atleast it will be there and eventually we can send a stock head to rlz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unless I can come up with a good deal on cams im staying stock for now. However I may save up and swap out a port and polished bead at a later date

SOUTHERN SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedFish View Post
    Im still waiting for the heads im think they are supposed to be finished some time tomorrow. (technically later today)

I did manage to pick up a ecu for a decent price super nice guy also threw in a free h series shift linkage (just in case I don't go h2b which at this point im sure I will)
    I kept thinking you were making a mistake but now im curious how many heads your going to put on this beast ? lol

SOUTHERN SPEED

If you dont have the head where it will flow enough for the cam then it could hurt... I dont think so for the pro3s in peak hp even though I think pro2s would produce more in mid range on a stock port. But all of skunk products are produced for stock heads, porting would help alot but its not gonna hurt it to do pro3s on a stock port like it would if you went to a high lift roller rocker setup. We did some research first and came up with the fact that go ahead and go pro atleast it will be there and eventually we can send a stock head to rlz
    The motor will make power as long as it has enough compression it just want be effecent.

effecent as mpg or hp and tq curve? bc its gonna be a weekend warrior and dont think he is worried about anything under 5k or gas mileage since its gonna be running q16 all the time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOUTHERN SPEED

i just meant this build will not max out the power of the cams . In other words he might even make more power with a smaller cam like a pro2 . As long as his compression is high enough the motor will make power and run good no doubt . Im just saying that cam would be better for a larger displacement engine that needs more air but yes it will make power .

If I did pick up a set of cams would I be able to run with stock springs, lifters or would want to swap that out as well?

I kept thinking you were making a mistake but now im curious how many heads your going to put on this beast ? lol

As many as I can fit under the hood

SOUTHERN SPEED

lmao good one.

SOUTHERN SPEED

depends on the cam but most need upgraded springs.

Oh ok im supposed to go get my head in a minute. I guess im just goingto run stock for the time being still gotta find me a tranny as well

TheMyth

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedFish View Post
    Im lost what u guys are even talkin about
    lol

SOUTHERN SPEED

b series tranny ? I have a gsr (perfect ) and a b16 (perfect) for sale.

SOUTHERN SPEED

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    lol
    I got that job at the base in case i didnt tell you . I get off everyday at 2:00 everyday then going to the shop. To much money and benefits to turn down but shop makes to much money to close lol so i guess ill do both.

b series tranny ? I have a gsr (perfect ) and a b16 (perfect) for sale.
    What you want for the tranny you have Limited slip? whats the final gear?, at 70mph what rpm will the engine be in. I know right now one thing that kills me is my egnine being at 4k constant when im on the interstate sounds like its going to explode lol

SOUTHERN SPEED

Both have 4.4 finals and are stock. I do have a brand new still in the box phantom grip (lsd) that i can install in either. Probably 500 on gsr or 600 on b16 . If you want the phantom grip add another 200 and ill install it.
    Last edited by h22 jones; 06-07-2011 at 10:53 PM.

SOUTHERN SPEED

I have a ls also if you decide to go that route or i could put a ls fifth in either of the other trannys.

not to sound "wet" behind the ears as I am but whats the diff between the gsr b16 and ls tranny?

SOUTHERN SPEED

The b16 is the lowest and what most people want because it makes your car faster although some people hate the hight fifth gear so they have the higher geared ls fifth put in the b16 trany. The gsr is the in between the b16 and ls in gearing . It is also a good choice to people that want to be fast but dont want that low a gear . ls tranny is what most people buy when they cant offered the other two lol. It is also a good tranny just alot higher in gearing and would kinda defeat the purpose of going h2b lol.

Made a trip down towards h22 jones neck or the woods tonight picked up gsr.. tranny man this puppy is clean.

SOUTHERN SPEED

Good deal let me know if you have any problems with it but im sure you want.

Just a lil update I got a phone call from the machine shop about the head apparently whoever ran the engine previously had bent the valves on the exhaust side most likely due to a broken timing belt. I just for new valve guides in the mail going to drop off by the shop tomorrow hopefully they can get on it and get it finished by the end of the week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

brake cleaner works great with scotch brite or a honer and helps scuff it up easier.
    LET ME GUESS... YOU MISSED A GEAR!

I picked up my head today from the shop its done (Woot) one less thing to deal with I got all new exhaust valve guides valves replaced, grinder and reseated surface machined flat. Sill post some pics later

Hey guys just to shoot you a little update. Work has been busy (which is good more money Woot) downside is not had much time to fool with the engine. I did however order me a gasket set, plan to at the end of this week order new main/rod bearings, and im still trying to locate a set of pistons. Either going with mahle, or nippon's. I would like to be at the point of having the bottom end put back together with in 2 weeks then I can concentrate on putting all the external parts back on the engine.

I am missing a few bolts here and there so Ima have to deal with those one bolt at a time maybe make a trip to fastenal once I figure out what sizes I need for whats missing.

I also need some more dowel pins for the engine. looking for those. im almost wondering if it would be cheaper and quicker to find a complete junked bottom h22a just for the hardware lol

Sup guys sorry for the dull thread still waiting on parts that I've paid for so until those show up im at a standstill

SOUTHERN SPEED

I have a set of bearings that you have paid for now we need to find a h23 crank

I have a set of bearings that you have paid for now we need to find a h23 crank
    I know I know. It seems like here lately every time I get the cash to get my rods and pistons my ocd kicks in and I buy something else lol..

I know where a h23 crank is
    Last edited by justnprsh07; 08-02-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I know where a h23 crank is
    Do tell

50 or 55mm??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOUTHERN SPEED

50mm

I got a complete block... Ill open it up and look at the crank if your really needing one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOUTHERN SPEED

I need block justin hit me up. I guess the damn acid I use to clean Them pitted one I wading going to use to build a customers motor.

U get the pic? I never heard back... I just got a fourth yesterday but same Shit. Apparently its hard to find one in perfect condition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast