Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Here fishy fishy...

so is someone going to confirm that this is going to happen sat night

so i was just told some news that the run between me and shakes-gt is not going to happen this sat because he was in a bike wreck

Southern Speed

that sucks. Hope he's ok, maybe once he recovers yall can get the race in.
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR
    that sucks. Hope he's ok, maybe once he recovers yall can get the race in.
    i still haven't 100% confirmed this.

Rocket Man

Yeah he laid it down coming to work Monday morning. And he hasn't been to work. So I don't know the damage or anything. Other then he is alive and not in the hospital

so where is this guy at? i heard he was partying friday night so he cant be that hurt.

IA Member

What up! To clear everything up, YES I WAS IN A BIKE WRECK ON MONDAY AND YES I WAS PARTYING ON FRIDAY! Also, Its (05 KBGT) on the plate guys!!! Big F#^%in whoop... Do I have to have permission to go out on friday night from yall? I was ready to go out on Saturday, I called Jake to see where it might be or if he knew. I had no idea where yall where at. Nemo said ha had a place in Griffin at Sonic that week before. I'm not familiar with Griffin so I will have to get direction or follow someone. I'm still gunna race.

fri nite?????

AKA HIZDAWAY

shakes-gt take a look at this thread
    Callout: Shakes-GT

Certified Gearhead

Next line
    1989 240sx Coupe LS1
    2005 Srt-4

Certified Gearhead

This is Shakes-GT, I really dont care if I win or lose, I just wana see that the big damn deal is about this 4 cyl. That was the whole reason I got on here and called you out. I would have raced you when you called me out originally but, not $200. Its not worth that too me. But if you want to race for $100 I want a 30 roll. I was guna give u a 10 roll like you wanted and now you want 20? You were complaining about a 20 roll because I was taking away your D/R and 2 step. So whats the difference now? So if you can go to a 20 then 10mph more isn't guna make a difference... Let me know your answer and a location pronto...
    1989 240sx Coupe LS1
    2005 Srt-4

Quote Originally Posted by Axon360
    This is Shakes-GT, I really dont care if I win or lose, I just wana see that the big damn deal is about this 4 cyl. That was the whole reason I got on here and called you out. I would have raced you when you called me out originally but, not $200. Its not worth that too me. But if you want to race for $100 I want a 30 roll. I was guna give u a 10 roll like you wanted and now you want 20? You were complaining about a 20 roll because I was taking away your D/R and 2 step. So whats the difference now? So if you can go to a 20 then 10mph more isn't guna make a difference... Let me know your answer and a location pronto...
    i never knew you was going to give me a 10roll. if you agree to the $100 i will give you the 30 roll

This should be interesting. Good luck
    Back to being stock and slow

^its slow

Your sig here.....

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO
    i never knew you was going to give me a 10roll. if you agree to the $100 i will give you the 30 roll
    this is why i like this guy! he has balls. good luck nemo. i still want to be there.

I wanna know who wins on this one!!

Certified Gearhead

Just a quick question:

All of the street races and AMS runs are great and all, but have you taken the Civic to an actual 1/4 mile dragstrip to see what it does?

Also why all of the secrecy surrounding your set-up? This shit was popular back in 1999 and shit when swaps were new and all, but it's 2009 man.

Quote Originally Posted by B18C5-EH2
    Just a quick question:

All of the street races and AMS runs are great and all, but have you taken the Civic to an actual 1/4 mile dragstrip to see what it does?

Also why all of the secrecy surrounding your set-up? This shit was popular back in 1999 and shit when swaps were new and all, but it's 2009 man.
    dont know who you are. and since i got the car running right no i haven't taken it to a track.

my setup stays a secret because its MY setup.

if you want to run just say so and we can set something up

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by NEMO
    dont know who you are. and since i got the car running right no i haven't taken it to a track.
    My name is Tom. I assumed you'd know who I was since Hill, Brandon, and Brad know me.

my setup stays a secret because its MY setup.
    We own Hondas. It's not "your" set-up because trust me there are plenty of people who have done the same before, and will continue to duplicate it afterwards. I'm not trying to be a dick - just saying there's nothing unique left when it comes to Hondas.

if you want to run just say so and we can set something up
    How about run low 13s/high 12s 1/4 mile time instead?

I don't street race. Something about having a wife, a child, and a mortgage to pay makes you rethink the "importance" of who has a faster Civic.

Last edited by B18C5-EH2; 08-23-2009 at 09:49 AM.

My name is Tom. I assumed you'd know who I was since Hill, Brandon, and Brad know me.

We own Hondas. It's not "your" set-up because trust me there are plenty of people who have done the same before, and will continue to duplicate it afterwards. I'm not trying to be a dick - just saying there's nothing unique left when it comes to Hondas.

I don't street race. Something about having a wife, a child, and a mortgage to pay makes you rethink the "importantce" of who has a faster Civic.

damn i havent herd from you in for ever you still have the b18c5 eg right?
    He Alone Is God...Prepare For His VICTORY!!!

Certified Gearhead

Quote Originally Posted by jdm_crx_man
    damn i havent herd from you in for ever you still have the b18c5 eg right?
    Yeah man still got it. CR-X looks good man.

I'm not up on screen names here - who is this?

why do people say he needs to tell his swap, that he needs to do this and that? Everyone that says that also says it don't matter what he has. Then why are they so worried about jumping in and asking him what he has and telling him what he does with his car? This makes no sense.

Next adventure is... Just_CHill's Avatar

I don't street race. Something about having a wife, a child, and a mortgage to pay makes you rethink the "importance" of who has a faster Civic.

Daaamn, Tom in here laying down the gospel for all of us newbs! Still can't believe you used my last name man! I mean, yeah, in the army, always called by it... But come on! Someone please call me Chris! PLEASE!!!!

CHRIS!

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation
    why do people say he needs to tell his swap, that he needs to do this and that? Everyone that says that also says it don't matter what he has. Then why are they so worried about jumping in and asking him what he has and telling him what he does with his car? This makes no sense.
    Ok, on this "mysterious motor" thing.... I must say that it's something that I don't like either. I really don't see a reason to hide it. Unless you are trying to keep it from being stolen... which usually doesn't work either way if you aren't safe. I've posted up my stuff and so far (Thank God) it hasn't been stolen.

When it comes to racing... telling the guy/gal what engine you have isn't going to change anything. In my opinion, it's probably either going to get that person to put everything he has into the race or not race at all. From what I have seen, lying about a setup usually gets you more races. Some reasons maybe because he/she raced the same setup before and beat it. Or almost beat it and would love to run it again to see if he/she has a chance. Whatever the reason, once you beat this person by lengths then that's when questions come up. Or the person probably knows that it's a lie and races anyway, wondering what the outcome will be. Either way, there will be questions.... wait.... I'm fuckin rambling again! There's other things that I could put in here... but a lady is waiting for me to come meet her so I got to cut it short. I'll post more later. laterz

CHRIS!
    YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO YO!!!!!

Certified Gearhead

why do people say he needs to tell his swap, that he needs to do this and that?
    Ummm. It's annoying? Dude is issuing callouts left and right with a take on the world mentality. I asked him about 1/4 mile times and he issues some challenge to race me as if I give a fuck. I used to street race so long ago it now seems like a lifetime ago, and back then there was always those guys who tried to be all aloof and shit about their set-ups.

Many times not telling one's set-up is a great way to make excuses if the race doesn't turn out as desired. It reduces the amount of expectations from others.

Example?

Let's say dude has an H2B swap. If he gets beaten by someone then people can say "man that H2B should be faster because my boy has one and it runs blah blah blah" but if he keeps it a secret he can just make his set-up sound less impressive.

I would say if he runs a certain 1/4 mile time then people can more easily compare it to other set-ups like his, but it sounds like the elusive street racing thing is more his "game" so to speak.

Everyone that says that also says it don't matter what he has. Then why are they so worried about jumping in and asking him what he has and telling him what he does with his car? This makes no sense.
    When a topic is bastardizing a section of a message board of course it peaks curiosity. The guy is obviously an attention whore to post multiple call out topics, etc. I can only assume having a "top secret" set-up enhances this attention. Well played, but again pretty annoying. It's pretty presumptuous to assume everyone cares about a set-up that has no proven numbers of any kind.

See in the real world people use things like dyno charts, 1/4 mile times, etc. to measure cars. I guess this is where the ghetto mentality of street racing comes in. makes me feel like I'm back at Mooreland Avenue in the year 1998 all over again.

It's one thing to happen upon a guy on the street and have a go, or meet up with friends and have some friendly runs in an isolated area, but issuing call outs, challanges - I'm over that sort of shit.

I guarantee if he went to the strip and posted anything less than 13s in the 1/4 mile nobody would give a fuck what the set-up is.

I guarantee if he went to the strip and posted anything less than 13s in the 1/4 mile nobody would give a fuck what the set-up is.

I gaurantee you are an idiot. and N/A honda pulling sub 13 times without any shop help is impressive.

Or maybe you meant less as in higher than 13's.

Who cares.. Whether or not you know what he has, won't change him beating you in a quarter.

I think everyone is getting pissy just because you won;t know what he had in the car when his car beat yours
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon
    I gaurantee you are an idiot. and N/A honda pulling sub 13 times without any shop help is impressive.

Who cares.. Whether or not you know what he has, won't change him beating you in a quarter.

I think everyone is getting pissy just because you won;t know what he had in the car when his car beat yours
    thats exactly what it is.

Southern Speed

Quote Originally Posted by stillaneon

Not trying to take sides but you dont know who b18c5 is....he has already been sub 13s a few years ago...
    11.7@116- All motor H2B Integra

Quote Originally Posted by DarKStaR
    Not trying to take sides but you dont know who b18c5 is....he has already been sub 13s a few years ago...
    And that's fine. It was more of a generalized statement. But saying that a sub 13 second civic with no nitrous, or forced induction is nothing, is a little naive...
    I'm just that guy that spends all his time printing.... T-shirts, banners, vinyl, etc.

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary.... that's what gets you"

Nemo

Is this race ever going to happen?

Certified Gearhead

Here's how much I really care...

[Exits topic never to return.]

I should know better than to try and talk actual measuring sticks (1/4 mile times, dyno numbers, etc.) to people challanging the world to a street race.

i got his number so when it is going happen i will just call him. lock this thread

As i told oldstech, quarter mile times mean nothing on the street. Plenty of people can testify to that. Chandler's fox body ran a second over lee's mach 1. But on the street lee only got him by a fender. If its annoying that he don't tell his swap. Then obviously you do care enough to let it bother you. It's easier to have people race you when they think you have something less than what you have. Or people keep saying or acting like It's unbeatable makes people want to run him to try to beat him. It's his car. Let him say what he wants. You got annoyed cause he made call outs. Yet, That's what that section was made for. If you don't like it don't read those threads. It's good to finally have call outs in that section without the drama. Shakes, if You're ever in thie griffin area i'd like to run ya. No money, no drama. Just fun. You should beat me.

Ummm. It's annoying? Dude is issuing callouts left and right with a take on the world mentality. I asked him about 1/4 mile times and he issues some challenge to race me as if I give a fuck. I used to street race so long ago it now seems like a lifetime ago, and back then there was always those guys who tried to be all aloof and shit about their set-ups.

Many times not telling one's set-up is a great way to make excuses if the race doesn't turn out as desired. It reduces the amount of expectations from others.

Example?

Let's say dude has an H2B swap. If he gets beaten by someone then people can say "man that H2B should be faster because my boy has one and it runs blah blah blah" but if he keeps it a secret he can just make his set-up sound less impressive.

I would say if he runs a certain 1/4 mile time then people can more easily compare it to other set-ups like his, but it sounds like the elusive street racing thing is more his "game" so to speak.

When a topic is bastardizing a section of a message board of course it peaks curiosity. The guy is obviously an attention whore to post multiple call out topics, etc. I can only assume having a "top secret" set-up enhances this attention. Well played, but again pretty annoying. It's pretty presumptuous to assume everyone cares about a set-up that has no proven numbers of any kind.

See in the real world people use things like dyno charts, 1/4 mile times, etc. to measure cars. I guess this is where the ghetto mentality of street racing comes in. makes me feel like I'm back at Mooreland Avenue in the year 1998 all over again.

It's one thing to happen upon a guy on the street and have a go, or meet up with friends and have some friendly runs in an isolated area, but issuing call outs, challanges - I'm over that sort of shit.

honestly if he isnt gonna tell u wat setup he is running u think he is gonna just come out with wat he runs in the quarter?

he also does have proven quarter mile times and dyno sheets- he doesnt post em up but he does have them

and im not 100% sure how often u get on here but im sure you proly have some kind of warped preception of wat is really goin on with all the runs and everything because of where u get some of your info - people run their mouths about people to much and make stuff up on here way to much

AKA HIZDAWAY

per Nemo's request.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! That's all. Now I will lock the thread back.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567