Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The BMW's of IA

Default The BMW's of IA

This is a place to introduce your car, show us some pics, tell us about your current and planned mods and update when they happen.

Looking forward to seeing some pretty hot cars. Damn, I love BMW's!
    2005 Mazdaspeed MX-5 -1.8L Turbo

But you drive a Mini.....lol
    --RIP Leisa. Forever In Our Hearts--

--Val for President 1979-2007--
    --RIP Val, You will be missed--

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBaked
    Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

Generally I don't count past 10.

OK, here we go.....

1984 533i. Bought in Virginia last summer (summer of '05) from JayInVA of www.mye28.com. and planned a project to build 1 perfect E28 out of the 2 that I had (had a well modded, and well rusty 88 535i). That plan kinda fell thru when I decided it was time to get out of debt instead of create more to build a car. So, the 88 got sold.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v7...%20BMW%20533i/

here's a link to my photobucket album wiht some pics of my car when I first bought it last summer

1984 533i.
    approx. 275k (odometer not original, number came from PO)
    stock 3.25 LSD
    3.2L M30 'big 6'
    Bosal Catback section
    Straight-piped cats
    E39 Euro 520i 15" wheels
    manual comfort seats
    ice-cold A/C (I think this is the ONLY thing on the car that is actually perfect, lol)

plans: Once I get down to Atlanta, the car is going to get stripped and then painted flat black. Add some M stripes, and plaster it with stickers, lol. It's going to be a proper racecar - a dedicated track car. Megasquirt will be the first actual mod, besides the interior/exterior prep for the track. Hopefully a suspension, then a cage will be after that.

I plan on building a home-brew turbo kit for the car. My GOAL - next summer to at least be assembling the turbo kit, depending on funds. I don't really care too oweful muhc if I end up grenading this engine. If it blows, it blows, thigns happen. I'll build a solid b34 block with a b35 head and build an indestructable motor if and whe I blow this one up.

also a couple engine shots from the other day when I did a valve adjustment then an oil change:

I'm not really all about show-n-shine your car, etc, although I do hope to have a nice car eventually, once some of my bills are paid off. I have a strong appreciation to those of you who make your cars lok GORGEOUS - I just don't have the ambition, I'm not gonna lie. Not high enough on my priority list. I feel like the car needs to perform, that is it's #1 goal. Perform however needed, as a racecar, a fuel mileage miser, or grocery getter, it needs to perform first and foremost. I try not to concern myself with the looks end, as long as it doens't make me feel embarrassed to be driving it, lol. Although, I'm not gonna lie, I do at times get a little embarrassed at my car when I'm around alot of other cars that are in 10x better shape, and are worth scores more than mine.

2006 MINI Cooper S
    6-Speed
    16% reduced supercharger pulley
    CAI
    comp. rear sway bar
    lowering springs
    tint
    LSD
    mesh grills on the front
    removed and painted the side grills on the A panel black
    denso iridium plugs
    17" Rota Sub Zeros - flat black with custom red lip painted to match body color
    215/45 17 Falken GR Beta 415's
    A few factory bits are the panoramic sunroof, heated seats, Harmon Kardon sound system, fogs lights on the front and rear, power everything, anthracite interior and headliner that makes the entire inside of the car nearly black
    I also installed an AUX input to play my IPod through the stereo and I have this awesome red glove box organizer (my glove box is air conditioned)
    Last dyno put me at about 190 at the crank, that was before the CAI though so I'd guess about 197-200 now. Not bad for a 2500 lb car

Future mods planned:
    Exhaust
    Software Upgrade
    bigger brakes
    rear control arms with more adjustment than my stocks
    camber plates
    schroth harnesses

In the Global Imports showroom

Completely stock, the weekend after I got her (actually, not completely. I had already put the shorter antenna on her)

Let the mods begin:

Tinted and then I painted the side grills black

Replaced front red upper and middle gril with black mesh, added custom wheels

Took her to her Mecca last weekend.... the BMW Zentrum in South Carolina

Yep, she's a Beemer

Under the hood. The only visible mods here are the CAI (it's red!) and on the tops of the strut towers, I have reinforcement plates to help avoid mushrooming

These guys followed me home

Yes, I have a giant sunroof

And yes, that is a reflection of my boobs in the chrome, I couldn't help it!

From the back (All your base are belong to us)

And now... inside....

Yep, I'm a Pirate

Digital climate control thingy-bobber, giant speedometer. There is also an onboard computer on the tach above the steering wheel. It tells me temp, mpg, average speed, mph and a few other things. I keep it set to MPH though and rarely look at the giant speedo, it just looks cool. I also have stereo and bluetooth phone controls on the steering wheel.

Also, the toggles under the ac/heat control and where I operate my power windows, locks, DSC and front and rea fogs

And it all lights up orange at night. Love it!

Nearly perfect for the twisties but still comfy for every day.
    Last edited by JennB; 05-30-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Love the tag frame LOL!

I think that I saw your car on Sunday in Doraville. It looked the same as that.

(And I was joking about the "Mini" comment LOL).

Anytime I'm driving south of I-20 in the perimeter, I play spot the white driver.

dont even want me to post...
    it's too cool
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

Hmm... I don't remember where I went Sunday. Would have been me though, as far as I know, she's one of a kind. I'm on huge MINI forums and there isn't another one like her. Body color roof on a MINI is very rare, I think only 5% of MINIs have it. Then my grills and wheels, very, very rare. The wheels are custom, I have never seen any others like them. Well, Rota makes one or two wheels with a red lip, but not Sub Zeros and I've never seen any of them on a MINI. I was at a MINI meet with 600 other MINIs and mine was one of 3 solid reds and she still looked nothing like the others.

I love that damn car.

Here's mine. It's an '01 325I. I bought it a year ago this month. This is my 7th BMW, so I guess you could say that I like them a lot.

My mods so far:
    35% tint
    Xenons
    Xenon fogs
    CCFL Angel Eyes
    Painted trim
    Clear side markers
    Clear corner markers
    Clear/Red rear lights
    Mtech full body kit
    Mtech aluminum pedals
    OEM M3 steering wheel with functional SMG paddles
    M3 rep mirrors
    H&R springs
    19" Hartge Classic rep wheels
    Nitto Tires
    Homelink
    330I Sport Seats
    330I Fold-down rear seat w/ ski pass
    Kenwood DDX7015 Nav/DVD/XM/MP3
    Custom Bezel
    Custom Ipod installation
    2 7" headrest monitors
    OEM M Strut Tower Bar
    OEM Mpower coil cover
    Custom fiberglass sub enclosure w/ 3 JL 10s
    Custom CSL trunk lid
    UUC Underdrive pulleys
    UUC Sway Bars
    TMS Steel Braided Brake lines
    Custom M Bulge Hood
    Koni Adjustables
    OEM M3 Instrument Cluster
    Brembo BBK Front & Rear
    UUC TSE3 Exhaust

I literally have thousands of pics of my car so if you get bored, check 'em out. http://public.fotki.com/harper2002/evolution/

Quote Originally Posted by JennB
    Hmm... I don't remember where I went Sunday. Would have been me though, as far as I know, she's one of a kind. I'm on huge MINI forums and there isn't another one like her. Body color roof on a MINI is very rare, I think only 5% of MINIs have it. Then my grills and wheels, very, very rare. The wheels are custom, I have never seen any others like them. Well, Rota makes one or two wheels with a red lip, but not Sub Zeros and I've never seen any of them on a MINI. I was at a MINI meet with 600 other MINIs and mine was one of 3 solid reds and she still looked nothing like the others.

I love that damn car.
    Then it must have been you, then. It looked really good. I like it.

ill bite i guess

1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

Good work, y'all.

Very nice!!

jennB when you gotta let Autofab spruce that thing up some more?
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

What's that?

AutoFab Motorposrts, Halston works there. AutoFab's a forum sponsor. I met the owner while I was down visiting, great guy, has a nice E30 racecar. Definitely a place of quality people who KNOW these machines.

Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    AutoFab Motorposrts, Halston works there. AutoFab's a forum sponsor. I met the owner while I was down visiting, great guy, has a nice E30 racecar. Definitely a place of quality people who KNOW these machines.
    Exactly, we specialize in the modification and maintenance of BMWs... so obviously Mini too
    Hopefully you aren't taking it to the dealer *scary*
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

IA KING

nice ride Jenn i like the wheels nice choice on the color match. Autofab is a great shop check them out... when your ready for software i gotta a hookup on GIAC software at EPG they are sponsors as well, let me know i'll get you a price.

http://www.giacusa.com/programs.php?mpid=41 i talked to B at EPG and they got software upgrages for your car, even setups w/ bigger injectors... in the VW scene this software is the most aggressive, i would suggest it on any car. mad lbs... don't let the numbers on their site fool you they make more then the dynos listed on the site, my 1.8t made 40+whp/70+lbs w/ my software
    Last edited by 4dmin; 05-31-2006 at 08:31 AM.

I'll have to take a look.

One restriction of modding a car like this is how much the car cost in the first place. I gotta pay for it every month and put mods in the budget. But I do okay.

Also, it's still so new so I'm going slow with some of the more aggressive mods. I had a huge warranty issues with my 04 so I am trying to be sure that if anything happens to this one, it will still be covered. These cars are amazingly expensive to get repaired.

The work on my 06 and my 04 has all been done by a good friend of mine up in Indy that is a certified BMW Master Tech or whatever you call them and knows MINIs inside and out. I haven't been living back in Atlanta all that long so its been easy thus far. It would be pretty nice to be able to get my oil changed around here though. Hmmm... 5K, I need to get that done... even though my service counter says I have 6K to go.

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

*Turns key off and coasts in* Gets out, gently closes door, and peeks around corner at pretty bimmers. Halston looks around, sniff's, and smell's japanese car nearby. Halston grabs torque wrench in one hand and jack handle in the other as he see's japanese car owner, "Are you kidding me?". Japanese car owner shows invitation from Jenn to see bimmer thread. Japanese car owner speeds off ~leaves thread~

IA Member

Here is mine.
    1992 BMW 325is
    99 S52 M3 engine ODB1 conversion
    24 lbs injectors
    540 HFM
    UUC 8.5 lbs flywheel
    M5 clutch
    Stainless steel brake lines
    Stanless steel clutch line
    H&R race springs
    Koni SA shocks/struts
    Uerthane CABs
    Uerthane RTABs
    Rear adjustable control arms
    Fan delete
    UUC TMEs Reds
    18x8 TSW Kyalamis
    M3 front bumper
    M3 Mirrors
    Black grill
    Clears
    Black roundels
    M3 muffler
    ODB2 exhaust manifold
    X-brace
    Turner Motorsports chip

IA KING

I'll have to take a look.

One restriction of modding a car like this is how much the car cost in the first place. I gotta pay for it every month and put mods in the budget. But I do okay.

Also, it's still so new so I'm going slow with some of the more aggressive mods. I had a huge warranty issues with my 04 so I am trying to be sure that if anything happens to this one, it will still be covered. These cars are amazingly expensive to get repaired.

The work on my 06 and my 04 has all been done by a good friend of mine up in Indy that is a certified BMW Master Tech or whatever you call them and knows MINIs inside and out. I haven't been living back in Atlanta all that long so its been easy thus far. It would be pretty nice to be able to get my oil changed around here though. Hmmm... 5K, I need to get that done... even though my service counter says I have 6K to go.
    i feel ya the cool thing about the GIAC software is it is flashed onto the ecu and can be turned off so the dealer can't even see it. i do not know the cost of the software for your ride but i know for the VW its around $500, but there is no mod better then this software, nothing else can give you the power you get for that amount. All the shops i've listed have more the capable techs... i think they have a master bmw tech at autofab, and EPG one of their techs is from Germany he knows every german car

I won't get the "cute girl" discount fromt them though

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

Go to AutoFAB with a video camera in hand and walk up to Thomas and ask what you and Sarah can do for a discount

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    Go to AutoFAB with a video camera in hand and walk up to Thomas and ask what you and Sarah can do for a discount
    ill be sure to bring a camera too

Quote Originally Posted by speedminded
    *Turns key off and coasts in* Gets out, gently closes door, and peeks around corner at pretty bimmers. Halston looks around, sniff's, and smell's japanese car nearby. Halston grabs torque wrench in one hand and jack handle in the other as he see's japanese car owner, "Are you kidding me?". Japanese car owner shows invitation from Jenn to see bimmer thread. Japanese car owner speeds off ~leaves thread~

ahhahahahhaha rolfmao
    good laugh for the day

Jenn we can gladly do your oil changes no problem
    let us know, our advertisement randomly pops up at the top!!!
    or if you prefer 678-482-2221
    Ask for Halston or Thomas
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

All IA members good get prices here!!! even better prices if the owner has a Euro car

Euro cars FTW!!!
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

IA KING

actually when you are ready to get software i can get you the Cute Girl discount

Someone say good prices?

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    actually when you are ready to get software i can get you the Cute Girl discount
    O rly?

IA KING

Someone say good prices?
    Ya if you drive a EURO your lucky b/c we have 2 awesome shops to work w/... Autofab and EPG... EPG did all of the work on my car, but i will soon be up at Autofab for some goodies...

nice rides folks.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    I could use one of those too. I need software for mine, but we're gonna do a 330 transplant first. Maybe I'll see what you can get me after that.

IA KING

just let me know

Quote Originally Posted by 4ngie
    I could use one of those too. I need software for mine, but we're gonna do a 330 transplant first. Maybe I'll see what you can get me after that.
    I would HIGHLY reccommend and S52 or even an S50 before an M54 330 motor... the S52 is a better engine. 3.2L makes 240 stock... and the turbo kits are endless and theres parts to put down 300 to the wheels if you want to stay N/A
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

IA Member

Quote Originally Posted by D[img
    images/editor/separator.gif[/img]inanM3atl]I would HIGHLY reccommend and S52 or even an S50 before an M54 330 motor... the S52 is a better engine. 3.2L makes 240 stock... and the turbo kits are endless and theres parts to put down 300 to the wheels if you want to stay N/A
    Yep.. I would also think that getting an S52 would be about the same amount or cheaper than the 330 engine.

Senior Member | IA Veteran Chuckster's Avatar

Nice knob...lol sry

I want a cute girl discount! am i not a cute girl

Jenn and Angie cars looks great

Quote Originally Posted by DinanM3atl
    I would HIGHLY reccommend and S52 or even an S50 before an M54 330 motor... the S52 is a better engine. 3.2L makes 240 stock... and the turbo kits are endless and theres parts to put down 300 to the wheels if you want to stay N/A
    Troo troo, but it's already out in my garage just waiting to be dropped in.

Chuckster: Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 4ngie
    Troo troo, but it's already out in my garage just waiting to be dropped in.

Chuckster: Thanks!
    oh well... sell it and get an S52 unless you got a deal that was completely unbelievable
    1997 M3/4/5
    2004 X4 4.4i
    1987 325iS 24V 6speed

European Talent

hey guys! nice cars. love em. i am going back to the 80's with an e30 325is. its got some goodies here and there but nothing too crazy...

I have:
    redone the head and intake and exhaust manifold with port/polish, dunk tanked
    5 angle valve job
    replaced the rockers and valve springs
    schrick cam (284/276)
    bigger MAF (from a 535i) = going for a little more air...
    new throttle body
    custom catback exhaust
    m3 u-joints with replaced driveshaft
    mille miglia 16's
    cross drilled brakes
    bilstien shocks with H&R Springs
    Xtec HID's
    some other body mods and such...

All in all i am enjoying keeping the car clean and getting some power here and there...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlE30
    hey guys! nice cars. love em. i am going back to the 80's with an e30 325is. its got some goodies here and there but nothing too crazy...

I have:
    redone the head and intake and exhaust manifold with port/polish, dunk tanked
    5 angle valve job
    replaced the rockers and valve springs
    schrick cam (284/276)
    bigger MAF (from a 535i) = going for a little more air...
    new throttle body
    custom catback exhaust
    m3 u-joints with replaced driveshaft
    mille miglia 16's
    cross drilled brakes
    bilstien shocks with H&R Springs
    Xtec HID's
    some other body mods and such...

All in all i am enjoying keeping the car clean and getting some power here and there...
    Beautiful car, rep'n the 80's too. I've got a 535i air flow meter I need to sell, too, lol. Did you notice much of a performance increase after doing he swap? I've heard you do, but never heard any first-hand experience.

European Talent

Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    Beautiful car, rep'n the 80's too. I've got a 535i air flow meter I need to sell, too, lol. Did you notice much of a performance increase after doing he swap? I've heard you do, but never heard any first-hand experience.
    wel... it really helps on top end. low end isnt really lost, but i love the good pull gained at the top. compared to the smaller 325 one i had, its not as snappy as the original, but it is worth it if you are going to get on it and stay on it...

not a bad mod for being pretty cheap... ( i grabbed mine from a junk pile at the shop...)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast