Thread: i just bought me an e30

Default i just bought me an e30

so im just getting home (at 1026 on a sunday night) from buying me an E30 for $1000. super clean. suspension, MSD ignition, intake, and HIDs already done on her. i think exhaust too, but i wont know until i get up under her later on this week. auto trans (only bummer. im good tho!!) she has a few minor issues; drivers seat is a little busted, the sunroof handle needs to be replaced, and the rear right hub is scrubbing. prolly either the parking break is sticking or the bearing is bad. sounds more like the bearing. i need a little help with the speedo cable; the speedo does not work. since this one is an 89, im guessing this model has a speedo cable. am i correct? is this an easy fixer? also, if you guys can let me know of the common issues with the E30, that would be great. this is my first bimmer and im super stoked (yes, i said stoked) to have it. any and all advice and help is appreciated.

Slimm

$1000 For it. Seem like a great deal. Bimmer does keep their value.!

GP Thunder Pro HID kits
    Dome Lights-License Plate Lights-Angel Eyes Lights-Signal Lights...
    New DRL fog light in stock now! Please feel free to stop by!
    D1S (made in Korea) - D2R D2S Oem HID Bulbs - D4R D4S Oem Hid Bulbs
    GP Thunder - GOLDEN YELLOW 3500k - Plasma White 7500k - Plasma White with Ion 8500k made in Korea.

http://www.hidlightsusa.com/
    http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/...play.php?f=228

No speedo cable, sensor on the diff. Clean the sensor first as it collects shavings and tend to stop working, could be bad sensor or cluster. Wheel bearing fail, especially with that age. Replace both rears if I were you, you will probably have to do the other side within the next year.
    Representing VWs.