Thread: "Cars" and "Heritage"

Patience Pays...

Default "Cars" and "Heritage"

A couple of questions here.. does heritage play a part in what you consider to be a dream car? Or is it just the car itself.

Also which would you say has the most respected heritage:

Posche 911
    Nissan Skyline
    Chevrolet Corvette
    Ford Mustang
    Toyota Supra
    Dodge Viper
    Mazda RX7
    add in any others I've missed

Since the models have changed over the years I'll just throw in Lamborghini and Ferrari as a company period. From seeing pictures of the Porsche and Ferrari museum it just seems like if you purchase one you are purchasing a part of history, because of this the Porsche is looking a lot more attractive to me than any Skyline even if there is a new one coming out.

...no, it's not a VR-4 3kgtdrvr's Avatar

im italian and anyone who knows me knows im madly obsessed with ferrari's, but who isnt

porshe 911

Porsche 911
    Vette
    Mustang
    Bmw M3
    Val RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfwit
    my only rule in life
    1: NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DATE A GIRL OFF IA, OR TELL A GIRLFRIEND ABOUT IA.

Osaka Sokutatsu mocha latte cupcake's Avatar

i would say a little bit of both, however i mean, i love Silvia/240sx's but i have to say that even tho these cars have been around in some form or another for the last 20 years its still a great platform. I respect the nissan heritage and will most likely always own at least 1 nissan but the car itself doesn't hurt, i mean after all no one won't by a car b/c of heritage.

A.K.A. GA Teg

Porsche 911 hands down. As for companies then I would have to say top three are Porsche, Ferrari, and Lamborghini
    "A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
    www.ATLphoto.net Myspace

‹^›‹(ςΏσ)›‹^›

If we're going heritage, I'd say Ferrari would be number 1, and if we're talking about specific cars, the Mustang and Vette would be a tie.
    Chris
    91' Mustang GT
    512rwhp/468ft-lb

www.jasontbarker.com speedminded's Avatar

For the south i'd say the corvette has the most respected heritage but I'm with Ga_Teg, from the list it would be Porsche 911 hands down (that's if you consider it evolved from the 356)...my dad (technically grandfather, i'm adopted by grandparents) was tearing up 350+hp Vettes in his 90hp '56 356 Speedster at both Daytona and Sebring...

...but you can't forget about Ferrari or even Mercedes...Mercedes built their own track in 1939 solely to test a car built for the Tripoli Grand Prix...and now that track, Hokenheim, is still used to this day for all sorts of circuit racing. Lamborghini produces incredible cars but just doesn't have the race history/heritage of Ferrari or Porsche...

I love all cars, even those only good to go in a straight line...but Ferdinand and Enzo own all!

DC5-R

I think speedminded teg got it hands down

Certified Gearhead

alot more domestics than you listed. ALOT(not in my opinion mostly, but for the general public)