Thread: LED Headlights ??

Default LED Headlights ??

Anyone tried the aftermarket LED headlights ?

I've put some LED headlight bulbs in GM stock projector housings. They weren't as bright as HIDs, but they work fine.
    With LEDs, you really need to pick your type carefully. I just did a lot of research to find a LED flashlight that would actually perform, and had to learn a lot about the various LEDs manufactured. If you get the right LED/reflector combo, with the right distance, they have great throw. You also need to look at the LED bin number and tint when selecting them. They have constant improvements being made, and some tints are brighter, while others are more pleasing to the eye.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by David88vert View Post
    I've put some LED headlight bulbs in GM stock projector housings. They weren't as bright as HIDs, but they work fine.
    With LEDs, you really need to pick your type carefully. I just did a lot of research to find a LED flashlight that would actually perform, and had to learn a lot about the various LEDs manufactured. If you get the right LED/reflector combo, with the right distance, they have great throw. You also need to look at the LED bin number and tint when selecting them. They have constant improvements being made, and some tints are brighter, while others are more pleasing to the eye.
    Yeah I seen some people with examples of results and they looked bright as duck and nice. Then I saw some say they was pretty much equivalent to Stock bulbs just whiter.
    I have noticed a lot of ppl talking with them in reflector housings as you mentioned so I wonder what they can do in projectors.
    Did yours have issues of getting to hott or was you worried cause I know they can get pretty 🔥

It all depends on the drivers. If you have a high current, it's going to build heat. The more heat, the better the heatsink has to be. To give you an example, I have two flashlights that use the same LEDs, and use the same drivers, and same batteries - but one has a smaller heatsink and gets quite hot quickly. The other is larger and never gets hot. Both put out the same amount of light, but the one with the deeper reflector focuses the beam more.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen