Thread: Anyone recognize this SR20 280Z

Certified Gearhead

Default Anyone recognize this SR20 280Z

1977 datsun 280z sr20det - YouTube

There's a local guy wanting to trade it for my 300ZXTT and was curious if anyone recognized that car? He got it from a Northwest GA Craigslist because he sent me pics of a mods list on it showing it to have been rebuilt with CP pistons, Eagle rods, custom fmic, Apex'i standalone, etc and the printout shows an internet address from a NWGA ad. Figured someone on here might recognize the car and know something about it.

The engine looks clean and in the video it seems to be running great, but I know from horror stories and personal experience that just because a car is said to have a rebuilt/built engine and this and that, unless you can physically see the parts listed, you can only take the claims at face value.

Senior Member | IA Veteran

trade trade trade trade trade, take the trade and run.

That car isnt tuned correctly though, that was a very unusual amount of compressor surge for a slow car.