Thread: e85

Default e85

Getting ready to move to Atlanta . Was thinking about switching over to it. Is there anyone running e85 ? And if so how do you like it?

You can pretty much forget it in Atlanta. I have been wanting to run E85, but there isn't even one station close to me.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." - Steve McQueen

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

I run only E85 on my Audi. It is a pain depending on where you will be. I am in Gwinnett County and only have one place on Pleasant Hill that is close. Lawrenceville and Tucker are the next 2 closest places for me and both are about 20 minutes out one direction. Wished QT would picked it up!

Certified Gearhead

what type of car? what engine management are you running? there are a handful of e85 stations. i have a few customers who only run e85. but on a side note, pending on your ems, some systems have the ability to run a flex fuel sensor. the MS3Pro that i use has this feature. you can tune a pump gas tune and an e85 tune and the ecu will merge the maps together pending on the percentage of gas it sees. Diyautotune makes the ms3pro and can probably answer more questions if needed, but if you want e85 and don't want to run into the issue of not finding a pump, this could be a great alternative.
    Zen Motors LLC
    Local Phone:770.904.2868
    E-Mail: [email protected]

I have a 93 si.It has a b18 ls.The motor has a larger TB.,Blox intake,cams,and a try y. Ecu is a chipped 75. Was in the process of considering e85; but with the gas station venues..... I am not switching.

a couple of guys i know run it and they just have two diffrent maps to up load when ever they go to e85 or pump

but on a stock motor like that i honestly wouldnt even bother tuning it for e85. not to mention you would neet to up the injectors and fuel pump

I was in the process of switching the injectors as well as the fuel pump.

My setup can handle it with no problem.

Elite Window Tinting DynamicSound's Avatar

Today was a prime example of when it sucks. I forget to fill up on the way to work. I was going to Battleground to do my dyno, driving from Gwinnett County. I found their was a Texaco near them that has E85. I called them to make sure they still had it because I have seen 2 stations listed, but no longer offer it...they said they did. So I go there and they "just" sold out. Luckily I found one near buy that was not listed online that carried it.

in bot saying that your set up "cant handle it" just saying your are going to spend 300 on a e85 tune. for 5or10 more hp. when you could just youse those 300 for another mod.
    just imo