Thread: wrapping my car

Certified Gearhead BenjaminJunu's Avatar

Default wrapping my car

so i plan on either getting my car wrapped matte metallic blue.
    the cost to get my car wrapped matte metallic blue would be 1500(this would be done by a well known shop that does great work).
    But i know that i could get a roll of 3m wrap for around 600 and do it myself. i don't mind spending the extra money, but i don't want to if i don't need to.
    Has anyone else wrapped their own car. is it worth it?
    It doesn't look very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminJunu View Post
    It doesn't look very hard.
    Famous last words. Lol

Pay someone who's done it before. It's not easy.

NIKON Squad member 01

I HAVE SUBS AND CAMERAS AND LENSES FO SALE
    OF*C
    OEMFitment Crew Memeber 01

Certified Gearhead

Who are you getting to do the job ? I'm looking at wrapping my car but can't find anyone in my area.
    signatures are whack :idb:

Miller Decals tell them "Southrnfresh" told you and they will hook you up!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Public Enemy #1

$900 labor to wrap a car?!?! Duh fuck. Does that involve removing any panels to make the wrap perfect or just pushing it into edges?

It will be done by identity design in Jacksonville, FL. They have done most of the wrapped cars in my area.
    They actually have a deal going on right now. Their labor is is free when you buy wrap though them. normal price is 2500. they use a different type of wrap though. They use Avery wrap.
    I was looking at 3m wrap which is 600 per roll, but with one roll you can do 2-3 cars.
    I might tackle it myself, but i'd rather do it once the right way, then have to do it twice.

Public Enemy #1

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminJunu View Post
    It will be done by identity design in Jacksonville, FL. They have done most of the wrapped cars in my area.
    They actually have a deal going on right now. Their labor is is free when you buy wrap though them. normal price is 2500. they use a different type of wrap though. They use Avery wrap.
    I was looking at 3m wrap which is 600 per roll, but with one roll you can do 2-3 cars.
    I might tackle it myself, but i'd rather do it once the right way, then have to do it twice.
    What do you drive, a smart car? I know at minimum it takes 50' to do a proper wrap on a S13. Also, I would love to know where you are finding the rolls at $600 for a large roll. Most standard large rolls come in 75' and for 3M, Avery and Hexis, depending on the type of film, run anywhere from $800-1200 if you are a distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by MachNU View Post
    What do you drive, a smart car? I know at minimum it takes 50' to do a proper wrap on a S13. Also, I would love to know where you are finding the rolls at $600 for a large roll. Most standard large rolls come in 75' and for 3M, Avery and Hexis, depending on the type of film, run anywhere from $800-1200 if you are a distributor.
    I drive a honda civic.
    my brother works at a sign factory, and that is what he told me. I have never wrapped a car, so i don't know how much wrap would be used.
    Thanks for the input.
    I have decided on just letting the ID do it. The price is great imo, compared to a $2000+ paint job.

Yeah, it's definitely not easy wrapping, especially when you get to areas that are not flat. I wrapped my fenders once and it was hell working it around the front fender's arches. This was with the fender off and a heat gun.